Oceania Anyone want to pool book buying to save money

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by beezel26, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I mean since it costs alot to get books how about buying them now and getting them sent to my address in the states and send them to you in one big package and divide the shipping up so that everyone wont be paying an arm and a leg for books or other stuff.

2. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Considering we all live in different places and we can order things online...I don't know exactly how this would work, Beez
  3. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A book about swimming pools o_O
  4. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Well have everything shipped to one location in the states and then by pooling all the stuff bought the price of shipping goes way down. Then ship it to an address in australia where it will be shipped out individually by say COD.

Do you honestly think the bookstores get those american books for whats on the package? Most likely not, and the shipping you know doesnt cost that much when you are shipping a ton of books.

face it its a ripoff.

Everyone overcharges because its a monopoly and no one does anything about it.

You guys need a Boston Tea Party to get some money back into your pockets instead of the businesses that give you squat and overcharge for it. Around the world you have consumers drive the competition and the products on the market. In Australia its what the Vogens want to give you and tell you what you should be satisfied with.

Its completely backwards.
  5. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Good thing I don't buy books then :p
  6. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Beezel, assuming pooling to buy books online to save on shipping would work, what possible advantages are there to shipping it to a US address and then shipping it to Australia? Amazon delivers internationally.

Besides, I think this would have to be a chapter-by-chapter thing. Australia is as big as the US, geographically.
  7. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    chapter by chapter works.

For example if we get say 40 lbs of weight to ship thats 164 dollars US.

you can divide that up by weight for example if one person has 10 lbs, 20, 5,5lbs.

164/10 = 16.40 dollars for shipping, 32.4 for 20 and on and on.

Also, thats for twelve day delivery, you cant that from the australian post.

8. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This sounds like an unpoliced import/export racket.
    My connection at ASIO has been alerted.
  9. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  10. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
  11. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey, it's a-me, Mario!
  12. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Wait wait wait...is this a scam to get everyone's postal address?
  13. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    No offense but this isnt the JCC, this is fanforce, if you are worried about my character and or problems you can ask the Saff.

besides, do you fully realize I was an immigrant. Do you know how much the govt looks into your past and background.

Getting a visa from Australia is like getting a colon exam. Its that thorough and painful.

14. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Beezel, I believe Mistress Skatey was, what's the term, 'joking'.
  15. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Geez, beez, you need to stay out of comms, you're losing your sense of humour.

16. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    ahh, that might be part of the problem. Dont really like that place, I guess I spent too much time on the net and got bad again.

I guess I need the JCC in limited quantities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.