main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anyone wants to start a fan force in miami

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by Skywalker0925, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker0925

Skywalker0925 Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2003
    anybody want to start a fan force here in miami ?

2. Skywalker0925

Aug 8, 2003
    is there anybody here in miami that wants miami to be a fan force chapter please reply

3. Darth_Lucretia

Darth_Lucretia Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    i live in Kendall

4. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I live in Brickell Sure I would why not?
    This board is not visited much though? Maybe we should link this to the main fanfilm page!
    ~Rory

5. Skywalker0925

Aug 8, 2003
    cool i live in kendell too lol its been awhile since i last came to this site lol and thats true

6. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    It seems to be very dead in here, but I am kinda new with the whole SW love, I mean I've never been to a convention or anything. All this fanfilm stuff got me going. Having said that; what does being part of a fanforce mean?Do we make movies, or do we just get together at conventions? What?
    ~Rory
    PS
    Check out my trailer to my movie I did here(the only fanfilm with palm trees!!!)Click down here!

7. Skywalker0925

Aug 8, 2003
    oh ok fan force is something u meet up with each other and discuss what things we can do i heard we need to meet up with each other to make a fanforce chapter and ill look at ur movie

8. sea_trooper

sea_trooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2003
    I live in Miami......

9. Lord_Draco

Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2004
    LOL wow this is kinda sad...it seems pretty dead here. I do live in Ft.Lauderdale area, but it would be cool if miami had a fan force group. :) There doesnt seem to be enough fans. I've grown rather restless as of late. I wish i could contribute somehow :confused:

10. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    You know, you could always just come up to Orlando and partake in our excellent activities! Midnight Bowling is coming up soon!

Seriously, I know that's too far, just kinda joking. I do, though, find it, well, odd that it is so amazingly hard to find any decent number of fans in the particular cities here in Florida. Our Orlando group is the largest and most active, but even that is not what one might expect. We have a regular bunch of roughly eight to nine members, sometimes more, sometimes less, but when you think about it: eight members in all of Orlando!? Something is wrong with that.

Anyway, I was just reading the other forums and came upon this and thought I would respond. I wish you, and everyone in the general Miami and surrounding areas the best. Keep this forum going, though, because as soon as it completely falters, THAT is when a bunch of people will stop by to see what is going on, they'll see it's "dead" and leave. Typical. :)

Brandon

11. THXSith2004

THXSith2004 Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    Hello everyone...
    I've looked around and I havent found any Star Wars Fan Club chapters anywhere near Miami, so I'm going to start one. I've founded several clubs at FIU (Florida International University)and have decided to start the SW Miami Region Fan Club. It is easier to do it through the University and in order to join you dont have to be a student. All we have to do is go to a general club meeting once a month...and only one of us has to go...which it will probably be me. And also we can do some things in the school and the school will actually pay us (its based on a point system - 1point=$80); 1 point per task and theyre easy. And also we would have access to the movie theatre room were we can watch the movies. If anyone is interested let me know...email me at THXSith@aol.com and type 'star wars club' on the subject.
    May the force be with you...
    -THXSith

12. arcticfox

arcticfox Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    hello from Australia!

just passing by, couldnt help but say hi :)

notice you guys are looking to do a FF offical attempt..... way cool - DO IT! :)

even if you only have several regulars making an appearance, its still worth it...

many clubs start just that small!

me, i'm kind of new to this fourm hub, but am making a grand entrance back into a group i know from a club i used to be involved in - kind of miss it :)

to do so, i've embarked on an 'around the world in 80 threads' tour - stopping in many different places across the globe till i reach my own local forum.

odd huh?

not if you're a fan....we are all just at least a little odd :)

so make the club!

sorry if i dont return any time soon....got places to stop by :)

you were number 5!

happy fandom!

13. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Lord Draco:
    Why don't you check out The Fandom Menace if you live in the Ft. Lauderdale area?....By the way..... Ft. Lauderdale is NOT that far from Miami!- especially once a month! That's an open invitation to everybody! (There are no weird age restrictions anymore) Not to correct Pikaroth, but we have had as many as 25 members in our ranks and as few as 7! Don't give up!
    We have a "blast" of a Star Wars time and play Star Wars Miniatures and costume design! Be Your Own Star Wars character!

Axton Tredway,
    President Fanforce Ft. Lauderdale :)

14. Riachia

Riachia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    I must agree with Axe, We have a lot of fun when we are playing Star Wars. I have seen this club and others, go from small numbers to large numbers and back again. It is just how it goes.

15. AxtonTredway

AxtonTredway Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2001
    Don't feel bad. Another big obstacle to starting anything "sci-fi" related in South Florida is the lack of sizable conventions-especially if you're specializing in "one Property" such as Star Wars! Orlando and Tampa get all the cons. Maybe it's because promoters have to pay so much more for hotel space in S. Florida compared to the rest of the state-I'm not sure.

-Axton Tredway, President, Fanforce Ft. Lauderdale :)

www.geocities.com/fandommenace

16. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey I live in Miami, specifically the Sweetwater area. I've always been interested in starting or joining a SW Fan Club here in Miami. If anyone wants to join me in creating one contact me at barcenaswilliam@hotmail.com or on AIM with the SN KoRnRawker. I know it will be hard to start the club but Miami really needs one!!! SW fans need to get together and share their passion for the "galaxy far, far away"!!! I know if we put time, effort, and teamwork we can get this thing on its feet and make it a reality!!! Please anyone even if it's just one person contact me and we can start this. Besides we cant expect for a load of fans to start it up but if we work hard we can grow into a huge FanForce!!! Join me and together we can start our Miami SW Fanclub!!! It is the only way!!!

17. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I will attending FIU in about 2 months. any students that want to start a club there, contact me at tvsolo87@wmconnect.com. Hope to see you all at a meeting!!!

18. ilovechewchew

ilovechewchew Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    not exactly sure what a fanforce is or does, but it sounds fun. i'm in miami (south) but im willing to drive wherever there is something exciting going on.
    let me know when and where and i'll try my best to be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.