main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Anyone went to Cathay Cinemas Website? ROTS only on 23rd May and ROTS Digital on 24th May?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by jalibhoy, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jalibhoy

jalibhoy Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    Look at the subject. Are we gonna get ROTS on 19th May at all??

2. wmgan

wmgan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    I saw that -- and they were both sold out! -- and was confused, too. But Shaw and GV haven't started selling tix so there's hope yet.

I'll definitely be watching it at least once in Lido 1 and once in Cathay digital. Most likely I'll be tempted to watch it many more times, thouch...

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    There shouldn't be much cause for concern. After all, it's still a good 4 weeks plus to May 19th, and in Singapore even Star Wars doesn't get advance tickets out that quickly. From past experiences of the first 2 episodes, tickets will probably be sold 2 weeks before the premiere.

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    There is confirmed screenings of ROTS on May 19th 10am at Orchard Cineleisure tho' one cinema might get booked by this group of SW Fans.

And I think the chances of us getting that 30 free tickets at 3 town cinema on May 19th morning is very bleak rite now. I'm not the one negotiating about it anyway.

5. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Actually, the cinemas should play fair and only sell the tickets a few days before, not weeks before.

They should follow what they did for ROTK.

6. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Hey, its PG in Singapore! =P

Any how, I think they are just giving some leeway for pre-ordering the tickets.

23rd is a Monday. And they probably think it wouldnt jam up their servers at this date. And also by then, the weekend crowd will take a while to come back. Hey, Monday blues remember?

ROTS will arrive on May 19, that's for sure. Its too big a movie to pass on the chance to earn big money. Besides, if they dont screen it on May 19, they risk losing the contract with future 20th Century Fox movies.

Anyway, I just hope they have midnight screenings. Or May 18 will be THE most restless night ever.

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Cathay Orchard Cineleisure has No 12am May 19th screening. The earliest will be around 10am May 19th.

So best bet is to go for the Midnight Screening at other Town-Area Cinemas like Lido or Suntec or PS.

8. jalibhoy

jalibhoy Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    confirm that Cineleisure has no midnight shows on 19th May? Is that only for Cineleisure or all cinemas in Singapore?

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes when I last heard and as I stated, so far only Cathay Orchard Cineleisure lacks the Midnight Screening. And apparently as someone pointed out in Advanced sales begin May 1!! thread, there is now a 4pm Sneak Preview of ROTS on May 18th, most likely at leading Town Area Cinemas.

This was what I saw being posted somewhere else, directly from Cathay Orchard Cineleisure Rep mouth:

"......we would like to inform you that the distributor has just announced that there will be sneaks on the 18th after 4pm, although there are strictly no block bookings / hall rentals from clients
    allowed.

10. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    it doesnt matter right? we're not going to cathay rite?or are we?....

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Only the day when we're going to have the SW Parade will not be affected. But the other (May 18th?) is open to recommandations.

Anyhow, it's a matter of how fast we can get the tickets and Cathay Cineleisure seems to be harder tho' strangely for ROTK, it was Lido who was more popular and was totally sold out on opening day. :(

12. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    gee, this is tempting... shud i break my record? maybe i'll watch epIII in theatres 8 times in 7 days, muahaha

13. padawan_princess

padawan_princess Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Wow...impressive, most impressive. I don't think I know anyone else with such a high reccord. I've never seen a movie in cinemas more than once before, but I guess I'll be breaking my reccord this time :)

14. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I watched Return of the King 6 times in theatres, the recent Phantom of the Opera film 5 times. I hope to break that record with ROTS. =)

15. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    wow...i could never beat that record!wow...
    does anyone know where in singapore the ROTS movie is coming out? (other than cathay cineplex, GV or the 'town area cinemas')

16. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    my personal record is nothing compared to a lot of ppl from abroad. I feel ashamed at thenumbers they give me

17. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    mesa also ashamed...my record is only two times(in movie theaters)...

18. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Should be at all cinemas except those that only show Asian kind of movies. ;)

19. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    My friend watched TTT 8 times
    My relative watched Titanic 8 times
    Ok, so I usually watch good movies twice, but The Incredibles was the only time I watched 3 times. And I paid none of them =P

I think I'll be watching ROTS twice. Once in the morning, and once in the evening =P

20. wmgan

Sep 27, 2004
    I have a friend who (claimed that she) watched Harry Potter #1 and FOTR almost 20 times each, but she has been known to exaggerate, so...

21. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Either those who watch it more than 3-4 times are incredibly rich or something.

I for one had to look after my miserable army pay of $300 a month at its peak. And that was after the raise.

Ah no matter, I had the 3 LOTR movies on DVD and watched for so many times I didn't bother to count them.

22. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Hmmm well so far I've already gotten tickets to watch ROTS 7 times (might be 8 coz I'm still considering joining the May 19th parade party), and this is only for the opening weekend (weds to sun) taking a breath before booking the ticks for the week after 22nd.

was just telling my collegue today that i am playing with the idea of watching ROTS in EVERY cinema in Singapore that's screening it at least once.

Heh kinna a crusade thingy.

seeing how this would be the last of the Saga (yes i know about SW 3D) I'm pulling out ALL the stops for this one. It will break and set the record of most watched movie for my lifetime. =p

23. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    was just telling my collegue today that i am playing with the idea of watching ROTS in EVERY cinema in Singapore that's screening it at least once.

Wow that's a lot... :eek:

24. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    yeah the idea is to watch one per day and at least twice on the weekends
    =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.