main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anyone wonder about Mara's parents?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karrinna2000, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Ben's his own cousin! :(

2. RossN

RossN Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 17, 2002
    I'm conviced she is Palpatines daughter born to an (unwilling?) ordinary, non-force sensitive courtesan who subsequently fled and remarried. Mara was tracked down and taken from them.

Yours

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Vima-Da-Boda is not Mara's mother, but my guess is that Neema is. Think about it. She's treated like chattel by the Warlord, bears his daughter, tries to escape using the only weapon she knows how -- the dark side. She's killed, the baby is not. Palpatine wipes out this Warlord, keeps the baby, names her Mara.

4. Sci Michaels

Sci Michaels Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2000
    Well, Ki-Adi-Mundi is a Cerean, not a Kel Dor, but your point got across. The "difficulty" in breeding is that females outnumber males 20:1. So I can definitely see the Cereans saying to the Jedi "Our males are too valuable to give away. If you take them, you must allow them to return to fulfill their duties to society and get married."

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    But, like Ki-Adi Mundi (sp?), it's difficult for Kel Dor to reproduce or something, so he was allowed to have many wives.

You mean Cereans? That's Ki-Adi's species.

So, if Mara's parents were Jedi, they would almost certainly be Corellian.

Great. Yet another friggin' Corellian.

For having only a handful of large cities and tons of unused land, Corellia sure produces a lot of people for the EU and movies. [face_plain]

6. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Yeah but they're some of the best charecters.

Wedge! :D

About Maras parents being the Da-boda daughter and the warlord, did I imagine this or was it mentioned somewere that she vaugly remembered her parents and they were very sad when she was talken away? Also was it mentioned that they were killed?

I'm proably imagining this stuff again.

7. Karrinna2000

Karrinna2000 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    I remember Mara saying something about her parents being sad as well so I don't think you're just imagening things.

I like the idea of Neema being her mother, it would be more logical than Da-Boda as well.
    -Karr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.