So CO Anyone working on a fan film now?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jyro-Kyrn, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Glad to see that there is some activity in the Springs!

I have just finished a script and am in the process of storyboarding it out. I have a still camera on Ebay, once it sells I'll get my new Sony MiniDV. Still got a long way to go with costumes, casting, 3D, etc...

Anyone else?

I get from some of the other posts that most of you are under 18. Unfortunately I will be looking for some more mature actors for my film. I'm a young looking 32 but I will still need someone at least in the mid 20's to be passable as a Jedi Master. I am selfishly taking the lead as the Padawan. So, any of you of legal drinking age that are interested let me know.

It's going to be a long haul. I have a LONG way to go at this point, but am ambitiously pursuing something along the lines of Broken Allegiance quality (although probably will be a bit shorter). I believe that if it is worth doing it is worth doing right.

I use Ulead Media Studio Pro for compositing and rotoscoping.

Let me know if you have a project in the works, or if you are interested in more info on mine.
  2. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    You are correct that most of our members are underage. I'm 20 and am a pretty good actor (this is me tooting my own horn), however people tell me I look a little older, I don't think I could pass as a Jedi Master. I'm also getting ready to ship out to Saudi for about 3 months or so...so I won't be around again till April or so.

If you haven't started filming by then, I would be more than happy to help you out in any way that I can. I have a jedi (can pass as a sith if you need it to, it's mostly grays but w/ a brown robe for now), a martial arts background, and some acting experience. I'm also fairly good at acting direction if you need any help with that (came in pretty handy for my college director). ;)

So you live in the springs I take it? How long have you been here?
  3. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've been in Springs forever. Just discovered TFN a couple of months ago and that really got me excited to do some stuff of my own. Did a few test shots and the rest is going to be history.
    I seriously doubt that I will be ready for shooting by April. Lucky to be ready by end of summer. I'm a perfectionist and will tweak, and build, and edit right to the end.
    Talk to you when you get home...
  4. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    cool, works for me.

Also, make sure you check out the Denver forums. That's where most of the CS'ers post and such.

There are some plans in the RMFF (mainly the Denver group, but more or less includes us) for a fanfilm I think next summer, so if you want to get involved with that, I'm sure there's something you can do for it. PtrsonsZOO would be the person to contact about that (the Denver CR).

and check out www.rmff.net for the Rocky Mountain FanForce homepage if you want to check out anything about the group (including quite a large photo gallery).
  5. Rogue428 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just saw this...I moved to the springs from Florida about 4 months ago.

I just finished up some shots for a spec fan film trailer (basically a trailer for a film that will never see the light of day)...but it was pretty cool. I'm 31...have martial arts experience too...but I need to lose weight before I can play a Jedi methinks...

I made a fan film called "Sith: Apocalypse" and I can roto...do some 3D...I use Aftereffects for compositing and Premiere for editing....also good at making props...and willing to help.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well if you are looking for a costume person, you can look to me for help there. :D

Credentials.. if you want them, only need to ask.

I'm a seasonal springs person. I should be here until the 17 of Jan. Then back again in may until September... unless I get the job in Australia :) Which I really really hope! I would actually be doing the costumes for EIII!!!!!!!

And yes, I'm only 18, will be 19 soon :( However I understand the need for mature actors to fit the part.

I hope this all turns out well :) Maybe you should come to some local meetings. Scout out there for actors.
  7. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just to let you all know where things are, and are going with my film...
    I'll be using a Sony DCR-TRV25 for filming, an Azden mic(as yet unacquired) for sound, and have MediaStudio Pro 6.0 for roto and compositing. There will be a fair amount of CG for backgrounds. Only a couple of ship shots, arrivals, departures, etc... The script is finished and rounds out to about 15 pages. It should work out to around 20-25 minutes when complete. I have the first act storyboarded. Hopefully I will get the second and third done by year's end. My cousin from Oregon will be playing the Master role and I the Padawan. A stretch to be a Padawan at 32 but hey, most Masters in fan films are not of drinking age. Cousin's wife will play the female lead. That still leaves me with quite a few roles to cast.
    Here is a list of roles with a brief description. If you are interested in any of the roles, please let me know.
    Jedi Master Kin Hologram only. Just a few lines in two scenes.
    Vizier Andro Pi Preferably someone, male or female, short and stalky. May use costume to bulk this character up. Like em to be very round. Introduces the situation.
    Barkeep 1 line. Should be able to carry a gruff feeling.
    Tar Gundo Thug leader. Not seen until act III. Should be good of appearance, and eloquent. A rousing speach near the climax.
    Wix Tar Gundo's number one. Few lines, but good amount of screen time. A clean thug (you'll have to read the script).
    Zal and Kig Two more thugs. Few if any lines. Action parts.
    Maro Thug. No lines. Cool death.
    Rothana Construction Head Screams insanely. One scene only.
    Victim Being choked by Construction Head. One scene only.
    Guard Knocked out. No lines, no movement. Pretty easy, huh!
    Female Trying to pull crazy guy off victim. No lines.
    Extras In bar and a few more thugs. These could be the same people.

Got my aluminum milled lightsabers the other day. Very nice!

I have someone who will be doing some of the CG in Hash. Could probably use some more help in that area though.

If you are serious about help PM me and I can send you the script (MSWord). Please let me know how tall you are, M/F, part you are intersted in, build, what props you have/want to build, etc... A lot of things are still up in the air, but will be coming together rather quickly.

Thanks so much in advance for all of your help and interest.

P.S. I'll be out next week, so I'll get back to you next year. EDIT: Oh, yeah, this will be a CLEAN set. No smoking, and a swear jar for collecting a fine for bad words!
  8. Faceplant Jedi Youngling

star 2
    What?!! No Stormtroopers? How good of a film can it be without Stormtroopers?
  9. Rogue428 Jedi Youngling

star 2
  10. Faceplant Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Now that's what I'm talking about.

Nice work!!!!
  11. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    sorry, no time for PM's.

can you email me a copy of the script at cory.peter2@psab.af.mi please?

I'm 21/M/ 5'11.5" around 180 lbs, can slim down or bulk up if needed.

I'm not sure what role I'd want, I'd like to read the script first, but I'm definitely interested. I can also help out with fight coreography or anything like that if you want. I should be back in a few months, so I should be there by the time you start filming.
  12. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan

star 4
  13. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cory has been deployed to Saudi Arabia for the winter. He'll be back in February I believe... with a nice tan :D
  14. JediDragon Jedi Master

star 5
    lol, I know you wanna see me as soon as possible, but probably won't be back till march or april ;)
  15. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Oh, that's right... sorry, but my sense of time is off right now :p
  16. Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Looks like the penguins arnt the only ones that are crazy... :p
  17. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've got a piece of paper that say's I'm crazy :D
  18. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
  19. Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    And how did you get that little piece of player? :p
  20. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
  21. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The penguin gave it to me...
  22. Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan

star 4
    (Keep in mind that she was once the Empress of the Penguins... :p )

One by one the penguins are stealing my sanity

^JGoC's motto :p :p :p

Anyway, we have just pirated this thread. Back to the subject....
  23. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Maybe we can make a movie about penguins...
  24. Gallith Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I've been looking for people in the Colorado Springs area around my age(16) to help
    out with a fanfilm. Also, if anyone could lend us a few costumes or props, that would
    be awesome.

I have a script written up that requires a fairly large cast/crew. So if I don't get
    enough people (I only have five or so), I'll start on a new one ...

Story:
    Main characters in blue

Set after luke's death.
    The council has been re-established on Cor.

Bo-Ran and Price (Jedi Master & Padawan (Names subject to change)) are sent to a strange planet. There they find a bunch of sith-in-training. They narrowly escape and call in the cavalry. All the Jedis fight all the Sith. Darth Xanatos (leader of the dark academy) gets away with his apprentice.

End of movie, nice set-up for sequel if things work out.

We need as many Jedi and Sith (prefferably with their own costumes) as possible and some blasters and sabers. We also need a few behind-the-scenes people: make-up, prop manager, etc. Also if anyone is willing to lend a digital camcorder (already have one, but would be nice to have more), that would be very nice.

If you want a copy of the script I can send you one. I am working on a make-shift website, that I will post the script on. When it's up(bout an hour), it will be:

http://raptor.dragon-d.com/da

I've also posted this on the Denver board.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.