main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Anything for a Master(AU)Obi, Bruck, Qui, Xani, Zenia(Ria)(Update 3/19/04)*gasp*a post and a surpris

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title: Anything for a Master

Author: jacen200015

Timeframe: Begins about JA1

Characters: Obi-Wan, Bruck, Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Zenia (Ria)

Genre: AU, adventure, angst, action,

Summary: Obi-Wan and Bruck are nearing their 13th birthday and will do anything to get a Master before it's to late. When their efforts go awry it?ll be up to Qui-Gon, Zenia (aka: Ria), and Xanatos to team up to find and rescue them.

Note:A brother's Destiny (about 50yrs before TPM) is the first in the series. Force Bonded Brothers is the second in the series.

It is not totally neccessary to read those two first but i recommend it.

Note 2: If you have a better idea for a title then please tell me. thank you. :)

Note 3: Remember, read and review. :) I love replies. ;)

Note 4: You know the drill with the disclaimers so i won't mention them. :)

The post will be up shortly. :D :) ;) :)

2. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan and Bruck left the tournament arena with heavy hearts. They both had less then a month to be chosen by a master but none had come forward.

?We must be doing something wrong.? Obi-Wan commented, his face etched with worry.

Bruck ran his fingers through his thick white hair and scratched the back of his neck. ?I don?t see what it would be. We train like the other initiates and have demonstrated ourselves many times in the last five tournaments.?

Obi-Wan let out a low sigh as they walked into a garden, ?another reason may be that not all of the Masters or Knights without a padawan show up at the tournaments.?

Bruck looked at his friend as he recalled one such master. ?Master Qui-Gon Jinn being one of them.?

Obi-Wan nodded his head and sat down near the small lake. ?My point exactly.?

Bruck sat down in front of Obi-Wan, a thoughtful look on his face. ?Perhaps we should take a more direct approach?? He suggested.

A sly grin pierced Obi-Wan?s features as a plan formed in his head, ?I have an idea.?

Bruck raised an eyebrow and waited for Obi-Wan to continue.

?What if we convince Master Jinn to watch us do a Kata that we created.?

?First off we haven?t even created a Kata, second Master Jinn may tell us to have someone else watch us perform it and then make up some lame excuse.? Bruck told him with a shake of his head, ?It won?t work.?

?It was a thought.? Obi-Wan replied glumly.

Bruck stood up and began to pace, ?there has to be something we can do.?

?Stop pacing, your making me dizzy.?

Bruck rolled his eyes but stopped where he was, staring at the lake. The lake was calm and clear. Green algae could be seen on the rocks on the bottom, where the artificial sunlight hit them. Small fish of a bright array of colors swam in groups creating a rainbow like image in the water. A small pebble was thrown in and the fish broke from their groups and ripples were created in the middle of the lake. Bruck felt a lump in his throat when he felt a to familiar presence.

?Well, well, well,? a voice taunted. ?Look what we have here, two worried guppies.?

Bruck felt Obi-Wan?s hand on his shoulder and began to calm himself.

?What do you want Aalto?? Obi-Wan asked, his eyes turning a bright green.

?Oh nothing,? he answered as he walked to the side of the lake they were on. ?Just wanted to see how you two failures are doing.?

?Were ?not? failures!? Bruck retorted, his icy blue eyes glaring at Aalto?s smug look.

?You shouldn?t be talking,? Obi-Wan remarked before Aalto could reply. ?You?re in more danger of being sent to the agri corps then we are right now.?

Aalto?s gray eyes sparkled in hidden laughter, ?so sure are you?? he asked mockingly. ?Well I?ll have you know that I am now a Padawan and you should treat me as such.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes took on a dark green as he squeezed his fist so hard that his knuckles turned white. ?Leave!?

Aalto gave them a twisted smile and turned to leave, ?with pleasure.?

Bruck let out a breath that he didn?t realize he had been holding and turned to look at Obi-Wan who?s eyes were now a murky gray. ?He really is getting to be pain in the sarlacc.?

Obi-Wan snorted in agreement, ?you can say that again.? his eyes began to lighten into a gentle calm blue and he gave a small chuckle. ?We should be heading to the dining area now, I?m going to make a quick stop first.?

?Ok.? Bruck agreed as he followed Obi-Wan out of the garden. ?What was so funny anyway, was it something I said??

Obi-Wan just smiled and shook his head in amusement, ?figure it out.?

Bruck shrugged his shoulders and parted company with Obi-Wan.

~*~*~

Qui-Gon went into his apartment and threw his bag on the couch and collapsed on it. laying his head against the couch?s back he closed his eyes.

*?Break you need, away from the temple you have been for to long.?

?Master Yoda, I?m quite capable of taking on another mission and my skills ?are? needed.? He emphasized.

?The council has agreed, three months of leave you have. Also look for a padawan you should.?

3. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Hey, this looks really good. I like Bruck in this one. :)

4. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Definately intruged. Obi-wan is definately going for the direct approuch. Nice!

5. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Bruck and Obi are friends in this - that's a twist! :)

I wonder why Qui-Gon doesn't want to hear any messages from Xan. At least Xan's trying to communicate.

~Bek

6. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    I enjoyed this story. I like the direct approch Obi is taking and I like the idea of him being reckless while young. keep up the good work, I'll be watching.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This looks intriguing. I like that Bruck and Obi-Wan are friends and that Obi is trying the direct approach. Hey, whatever it takes!

Good. Keep going.

8. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good Start!

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    :D Wow finally one where obiwan and bruck are friends.... but here goes stupid quigon again... we may have to kick his fanny some... 8-}

10. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Xeana: Hey, this looks really good. I like Bruck in this one.

Thanks. :) :)

Seraphena: Definately intruged. Obi-wan is definately going for the direct approuch. Nice!

:D

Bekah_K: Bruck and Obi are friends in this - that's a twist!

Yep ;) :D

I wonder why Qui-Gon doesn't want to hear any messages from Xan. At least Xan's trying to communicate.

Your not the only one wondering why Qui-Gon's acting like that. ;)

CodyMonKenobi: I enjoyed this story. I like the direct approch Obi is taking and I like the idea of him being reckless while young. keep up the good work, I'll be watching.

I'm glad that you are injoying it. :)

dianethx: This looks intriguing. I like that Bruck and Obi-Wan are friends and that Obi is trying the direct approach. Hey, whatever it takes!

Good. Keep going.

:D no problem.

Keeper_of_Swords: Good Start!

Thanks. :)

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: Wow finally one where obiwan and bruck are friends.... but here goes stupid quigon again... we may have to kick his fanny some...

I'm glad you like this. :)

11. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Bruck found an empty table and sat down to eat his meal. Someone should tell Aalto?s new master about his attitude problem, he?ll make a terrible padawan like the stuck up person he is.

?Mind if I join you??

Bruck looked up and shrugged his shoulders. ?Make yourself comfortable.?

Corent placed his tray on the table and sat down across from Bruck, ?What?s bothering you?? he asked, noticing Bruck?s mood.

?Nothing.? Bruck answered a little to quickly as he picked at his food with his fork.

?Really now?? Corent remarked. Taking a bite of his food he waited a few minutes before continuing. ?Is it Aalto again??

Bruck looked up from his plate and fixed his eyes on Corent, ?He?s not your problem to deal with.?

Corent sat back in his seat and gave a small smile, ?Aalto is not the least of your problems is it??

?Will you quit pestering me!?? Bruck shot back, more sharply then intended.

Corent sighed and took another bite of his food, ?I wouldn?t be a very good friend if I didn?t at least try to help.?

Bruck was saved a reply when Garen and Bant sat down at the table.

?Hey Bruck, where?s Obi-Wan?? Garen asked.

?Hello Garen.? Bruck said with a small smile, ?Obi-Wan should be heading here soon. He went to go do something.?

?You were pretty impressive in the tournament today, so was Obi-Wan.? Bant remarked cheerfully. ?You both are sure to be chosen.?

Bruck put down his fork and gave a small sigh, ?That?s what you said six months ago.?

Everyone at the table became quiet while everyone else around them talked. The silence at the table was uncomfortable and Bruck shifted a bit in his seat. The rest of their meal was eaten in silence, each one with their own thoughts.

~*~*~

Obi-Wan grinned when he saw Xanatos? face appear on the veiwscreen. ?Hello Xani, how are you doing??

?Hey squirt, its been awhile. I?m doing fine, what about you? How did the tournament go?? Xanatos asked.

Obi-Wan fought to keep his smile on his face as he answered, ?It went great.?

Xanatos? lips thinned as he eyed Obi-Wan, ?you didn?t get chosen did you??

Obi-Wan?s smiled disappeared as he nodded his head. ?No??I didn?t.?

Xanatos rubbed his chin in thought, ?why don?t you meditate about it.?

Obi-Wan scrunched up his nose and shook his head, ?I don?t want to meditate.?

?Meditation can be helpful.? Xanatos told him, ?just give it a chance.?

?It takes to long and wastes time.?

?You need to be patient, you can?t force yourself into meditation. When it?s done properly then it won?t seem like a waste of time.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes turned a grayish green as he looked defiantly at Xanatos, ?Sitting around meditating is not going to get me a master any sooner.?

Xanatos lifted a black trimmed eyebrow and then gave a small smile, ?You?d be surprised young one. Now tell me, has Master Jinn returned from his latest mission yet??

?I don?t know, I did invite him to come to the tournament today but he wasn?t there.?

?Well then do me a favor. When Master Jinn does get back tell him personally that I want to talk to him.?

?Why don?t you just come here and talk to him yourself!? Obi-Wan snapped suddenly, his eyes flashing green.

Concern etched Xanatos face and his eyes narrowed, ?control yourself Obi-Wan, there is no need to loose control.?

Obi-Wan slapped the button to end the transmission and stormed away from the communications room. No need? Ha! I?m in perfect control. He didn?t even answer my question. Well, it wasn?t exactly a question but still. I?m not some messenger boy who? realization dawned on him and his eyes lightened into a hazy blue, It would be the perfect excuse. Grinning from ear to ear he headed to Master Jinn?s room to see if Master Jinn had returned or not.

~*~*~

Zenia waited patiently outside Qui-Gon?s quarters after knocking on the door. She had sensed Qui-Gon arrive three hours ago and finally was able to come to visit.

The door opened and Qui-Gon stepped into view, ?Zenia, this is a surprise. I haven?t seen you for, what was it, a ye

12. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    That was sad! :(

Obi and Bruck have to be chosen! Zenia could train one, and Xanatos could come home and train the other - that sounds logical. ;)

~Bek

13. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003

Wow. Obi-Wan lost his temper.

*Raises eyebrows*

Xanatos is in contact with Obi-Wan, and he wants to talk to Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon doesn't want to talk to him, and Zenia has something to do with Xanatos as well.

*Grins*

This is gonna be good.... [face_mischief]

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~giggles softly~ This is really good so far, hopfully obiwan and bruck will be chosen, and as for quigon well, like i said before some one needs to kick his booty, i'd be happy to do it ;) ~giggles softly~

15. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Interesting. I liked the conversation about the meditation. Makes you think.

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~grabs obiwan and runs~

17. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Bekah_K: That was sad!

Obi and Bruck have to be chosen! Zenia could train one, and Xanatos could come home and train the other - that sounds logical.

[face_mischief]

Xeana: Wow. Obi-Wan lost his temper.

*Raises eyebrows*

Xanatos is in contact with Obi-Wan, and he wants to talk to Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon doesn't want to talk to him, and Zenia has something to do with Xanatos as well.

*Grins*

This is gonna be good....

Yep. [face_mischief]

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: ~giggles softly~ This is really good so far, hopfully obiwan and bruck will be chosen, and as for quigon well, like i said before some one needs to kick his booty, i'd be happy to do it ~giggles softly~

Qui-Gon isn't the only one being stubborn.

Keeper_of_Swords: Interesting. I liked the conversation about the meditation. Makes you think.

I'm glad you liked it. :D :)

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: ~grabs obiwan and runs~

*Catches her and brings Obi-Wan back.*

no Obi-Wan = no post. :D ;) :D

18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~sneeks up behide obiwan slowly and gags him and ties him up, throws him over her shoulder and runs~ 8-}

19. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    ?I don?t understand it, he still won?t talk to me.? Xanatos remarked as he walked through the garden with Master Ivun.

Ivun was an Iktotchi. He had down turned horns that came out of the sides of his head and had strong neck and shoulder muscles. He had huge hands and tough leathery skin.

?Perhaps you should go talk to him personally. You did leave without talking to him all those years ago.? Master Ivun answered.

?I had hoped that he would see why I left---?

?By letting Master Yoda do it.? Ivun finished for him. ?No, he would have wanted to hear why from you, from your own voice.?

?He wouldn?t have let me go.? Xanatos replied, his words sounding false in his own ears.

?Would he have? No, there is something more to this, something that you have hidden away.?

Xanatos shook his head and ducked under an overhanging tree branch, ?Its nothing. I just.? He sighed as he looked at the field of flowers where they stopped to sit on a white wooden bench. Closing his eyes he breathed in the sweet fragrance of the flowers.

?I talked to Master Yoda an hour ago,? Ivun began, changing the subject. ?He was wondering when you?d be coming to have your trials and official knighting ceremony.?

?I?m not going back to the Temple, I don?t want to be knighted.?

?You don?t feel that you are worthy to be knighted, is that it??

Xanatos shrugged his shoulders, ?partially.? Looking at the aging Jedi Master his brow furrowed in contemplation. ?I don?t think I?m ready.?

Ivun chuckled and looked at Xanatos with his calm brown eyes, ?You are more then ready Xanatos. In fact your knighting is far overdue.?

?Trying to get rid of me?? Xanatos asked with a smile.

?Yes and no. You can?t stay here forever, sometime or later you will have to go. You should meditate, and follow the will of the Force.?

Xanatos? smile faded into an inert expression, ?I won?t go.? Standing up he walked deeper into the garden.

~*~*~

?come here little Jedi, come see your destiny.? A voice hissed. Obi-Wan turned his head in the swirling mist and saw a person covered by a black cloak. At least he thought it was. He walked forward until he was staring the being into his eyes. The person?s eyes danced with flames and slowly they grew bigger and bigger till they swallowed him whole. He was burning, his body wracked with pain. Voices mumbled, in the distance. The mumbles became loud cries, the cries became shouts and then laughter so evil that Obi-Wan put his hands over his ears in an effort to drown them out.

Crying out, Obi-Wan woke up and sat up in his bed. Eyes wide with fear, his breathing coming in short gasps. He pulled the covers around himself and laid back down. His bangs were plastered to his forehead with sweat and his body was hot yet the sheets felt cool and comfortable around him.

Closing his eyes he fought to go back to sleep.

?Come here boy. You can?t avoid your destiny forever. Come with me and all will be revealed.? The voice was icy, void of emotion yet powerful with a commanding tone.

The mist turned red and a harsh cold wind blew. Obi-Wan put his arm in front of his face to try to shield himself and to stand upright against the fierce onslaught.

?Come and meet your destiny.? The voice hissed.

The wind swept Obi-Wan off his feet and he felt himself falling into a hole that was quickly rising with lava. He screamed as he hit the lava and was sucked down to the bottom.

~*~*~

Bruck stifled a yawn with his hand as he read his datapad on his desk. ?What?s harder, getting a master or solving these calculus problems?? he leaned back against his chair and looked out of the window.
    No matter what time of day Coruscant was bustling with activity. Bant calls it the planet that never sleeps.
    Smiling at that memory he let his thoughts drift inward, to the past, to when they didn?t worry about getting a Master.

*The sound of laughter filled the garden as the eight-year-old initiates ran around. Bruck chased after them, happiness evident on his face. all to soon they were called to regro

20. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good Iktotchi description.

Liked this part mostly:

The mist turned red and a harsh cold wind blew. Obi-Wan put his arm in front of his face to try to shield himself and to stand upright against the fierce onslaught.

?Come and meet your destiny.? The voice hissed.

The wind swept Obi-Wan off his feet and he felt himself falling into a hole that was quickly rising with lava. He screamed as he hit the lava and was sucked down to the bottom.

21. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~gulps~ i fear the dark one is after obiwan and was xani this whole time just at another temple!? 8-}

22. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    I'm more than likely repeating myself, but Xan has to go back. He has to keep his promise to Owen. And now with Obi's dream (or was it a vision?), he has to keep his promise more than ever.

Great post! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

~Bek

23. Xeana

Nov 9, 2003

Obi-Wan + Bruck = Chaos. 8-}

Uh oh! I don't like the sound of that dream. And why won't Xanatos go back?

24. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~grabs xani and runs~

25. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Keeper_of_Swords: :) :D :)

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: ~gulps~ i fear the dark one is after obiwan and was xani this whole time just at another temple!?

Nope. ;)

Bekah_K: I'm more than likely repeating myself, but Xan has to go back. He has to keep his promise to Owen. And now with Obi's dream (or was it a vision?), he has to keep his promise more than ever.

Great post! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Xanatos will get his act together inventually. ;) :) :D

Xeana: Obi-Wan + Bruck = Chaos.

Thats so right. :p

Uh oh! I don't like the sound of that dream. And why won't Xanatos go back?

The questions build and the plot thinkens. [face_mischief]

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: *sighs and finds Xani.*

I take it that you want a post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.