main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Anything for a Master(AU)Obi, Bruck, Qui, Xani, Zenia(Ria)(Update 3/19/04)*gasp*a post and a surpris

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Looks like 'luck' just isn't on their side. Hopefully Obi and Bruck will do well even with Aalto there. 8-}

Nice post!

~Bek

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    JediVeloJinn: This is intriguing. What is up with Xani and Qui?

Good question. :)

Hehe and how much trouble can the two boys get into. I like how Bruck asked if they could approach the Council 'Tomorrow'. That is too much like me

Same here.

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: quigon is being a blockhead and xani is being a coward

You got that right. Now why is that? [face_mischief] :)

Bekah_K: Looks like 'luck' just isn't on their side. Hopefully Obi and Bruck will do well even with Aalto there.

Well we'll just have to see [face_mischief] won't we? [face_mischief]

3. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Bruck let out a sigh of relief once their cabin door shut behind them. ?If I had to hear one more word he said I would have did something drastic.?

Obi-Wan chuckled as he sat down on the bottom bunk, ?There is such a thing as ignoring him with the Force.?

Bruck took the pillow from Obi-Wan?s bunk and swatted him with it. ?Nerf.?

Laughing Obi-Wan grabbed the pillow, ?is that the best you can think of??

?Oafy?? Bruck replied with a teasing smirk.

Obi-Wan looked at Bruck stunned for a few seconds before he shook his head and threw the pillow at Bruck. ?Krub.?

?Hey!? Bruck protested, catching the pillow.

?What?? Obi-Wan asked, fighting to hold back his laughter.

Bruck rolled his eyes and threw the pillow back at Obi-Wan, ?Wanny.?

?Now that is going to far!? Obi-Wan stated as he stood up, ?punk.?

Laughing out loud Bruck felt his tension drain away, ?Bowan.?

Obi-Wan threw one of the datapads that was on the bed at Bruck, ?ok, ok. You win.?

Catching the datapad Bruck smiled with triumph and sat down on the floor. ?Don?t I always??

?Nerf.? Obi-Wan replied as he sat back down on the bed and picked up the datapad.

~*~*~

?Soon you will be mine little one.? he purred as he looked out of the window of his office.

A hooded figure entered the room and bowed.

Sensing his apprentice?s presence Sidious turned around and faced him. ?What news do you bring??

?The council has sent Obi-Wan and his friend with Master Cavhon and his padawan to meditate the land dispute on Angora Prime.?

?This is most unexpected, however, it may work to our advantage.? Sidious remarked thoughtfully. ?Contact Captain Cresh. Tell him to intercept the Jedi and capture them.?

?Yes Master, it shall be done.? The apprentice responded before bowing his head and leaving the room.

Sidious looked back out of the window and emerged himself into the currents of the darkside. [Answer me my hand, what else have you found?]

~*~*~

Obi-Wan and Bruck left there cabin and headed to the kitchen area for dinner. They were met by a cross looking master.

Master Cavhon stood in front of the entrance to the kitchen, arms crossed, ?I?ve heard that you have been calling each other names and fighting??

Obi-Wan and Bruck looked at each other for a few seconds in puzzlement. Looking back at Master Cavhon they answered simultaneously, ?we were not fighting.?

Aalto appeared behind Master Cavhon and stood to the side with a smug look on his face.

?That?s not what I heard. Name calling is unacceptable behavior. Three hours of meditation for both of you.?

Obi-Wan spotted Aalto?s smug look and felt rage beginning to burn inside of him. ?We were not fighting Master Cavhon.?

Bruck nodded his head, ?It?s the truth. We were only--?

?They?re lying Master.? Aalto butted in. ?I saw them fighting each other and calling each other horrible names.?

Master Cavhon looked at the initiates with disappointment on his face. ?Two more hours of meditation and confinement to quarters until we reach are destination! Is that understood??

Angry hot tears rose in Bruck?s eyes yet he nodded his head and headed back to the cabin.

Obi-Wan glared at Aalto and then turned to follow Bruck.

~*~*~

Kiraara sat huddled in a corner that was unoccupied, away from the other children. Silently she watched them play, her brown eyes taking in everything. Two male Bothans were building a tower out of colored plastic blocks. Not far away from them a Rodian and a human were playing with a ball. The ball slipped from the Rodian?s grasp and rolled over to the two Bothans. The human girl ran to get the ball and tripped, knocking over the tower. Kiraara did not flinch has the blocks tumbled to the ground nor when the Bothan?s cried over the fallen tower. She continued with her observations. The sounds and voices faded into the distance as she drifted off into her own little world, a place of comfort and refuge.

~*~*~

Obi-Wan listened to the door hiss shut behind him before heading to his bunk.

Bruck sat on the floor cross-legg

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Poor obiwan and bruck, but soon they'll be taken 8-}

5. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    _____/\_____
    ____/__\____
    ___/____\___
    __/______\__
    _/________\_
    /__________\
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____
    ____| |_____

6. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good dialogue between Obi-wan and Bruck, and I liked the idea of a Human and a Rodian playing.

7. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks for the up. :)

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    What did you do to Aalto?! My baby! You made him mean! :_|

But this is certainly an interesting look at him :D Can't wait to see more of him [face_love]

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm reminded of this saying:

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it?s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn?t. Because they were holding on to something."

10. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    The relationship between Obi and Bruck is sweet.

And Qui-Gon will come around eventually - right?

~Bek

11. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I like this! Bruck as a nice person! It's a great change! :)

12. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    JadeSolo: What did you do to Aalto?! My baby! You made him mean!

But this is certainly an interesting look at him Can't wait to see more of him

More coming soon. :)

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: Ah yes. that saying is so *sighs.* full of truth? It fits this story nicely. :D

Bekah_K: Qui-Gon will come around eventually - right?

What do you think? [face_mischief]

Nikita: I like this! Bruck as a nice person! It's a great change!

It sure is. :)

Hands out oatmeal cookies and milk.

13. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002

Xanatos walked down the hallway of the temple quickly and quietly with his hood up. Sensing Yoda?s bright, powerful presence in the room of a thousand fountains he headed down the corridor on his right and down the blue, carpeted stairs.
    Even from a couple feet away he could hear the sound of water running and feel the refreshing calm that emanated from the room. Embracing the Force he let it sooth him as he entered the room.

?Home have you returned, to long have you been away.? A familiar voice spoke.

Xanatos whirled around and bowed to Master Yoda, hiding his surprise at Yoda?s sudden appearance. He swore he saw Yoda smirk at him before Yoda?s expression became serious again.

?Much to discuss we do. Eluding your trials long enough you have.? Yoda told him as Xanatos sat down on the ledge of a close by fountain.

?Master Yoda I didn?t come here to take the trials.?

?Know this I do. Lost contact with Obi-Wan you have.? Yoda remarked in a knowing tone.

Xanatos nodded his head and looked straight at Yoda, ?What happened??

?A week ago the Council sent Obi-Wan and his friend Bruck with Master Cavhon and his padawan on a simple mission. A distress call we received a day later and then lost contact we did. Sent a team a few hours later to investigate their disappearance we did four days ago.? Yoda answered.

?You sent Obi-Wan and Bruck on a mission?? Xanatos said in disbelief.

?Alone they were not.? Yoda replied.

?What were you?the council thinking? They are not even padawan?s and they were sent on a mission? Whose slug filled brain came up with that idea?? Xanatos asked in a rising voice.

Yoda whacked Xanatos? leg with his gimer stick, ?Watch your tongue you should, Obi-Wan?s idea it was.?

Xanatos felt as if he had been hit by a lighting bolt, ?Obi-Wan suggested it? Why in blazes would he do that?? Sith! I can?t believe this.

?Brought forth an idea he did, for initiates to gain an extra year to find a master.? Yoda said solemnly, ?Realized we should have, too dangerous it is for initiates to go on a mission with just a master and padawan team.?

?Your right you should have!? Xanatos snapped as he stood up and began to pace. ?Now they?re missing and Force knows what?s happening to them.?

?Sit down, pacing solves nothing.? Yoda said sharply, hitting his stick on the ground with a load crack.

Xanatos stopped his pacing and turned to glare at Yoda, ?and sitting down will? Obi-Wan is missing and you expect me to sit down!??

?Solve it it will not but wear yourself out before you go out to search for the two teams will not help them.?

?What do you mean ?two? teams!?? Xanatos asked loudly, irritation, fear and anger mixed into one in his tone.

Sighing heavily Yoda looked up at Xanatos, ?lost contact with the rescue team we did two days ago. Master Qui-Gon and Knight Zenia were the rescue team that had been sent.?

Xanatos started to head out of the room but was intercepted by Yoda?s stick and stumbled.

?Rush in blindly you must not.?

Xanatos regained his balance and gave Yoda a heated glare, his shins aching from Yoda?s stick. ?Yes Master Yoda.?

?Calm and focused you must be. Patient you must also be.? Yoda told him sternly. ?A ship we have prepared for you on docking bay two. The information you need is all on a datapad in the cockpit. May the Force be with You.?

Xanatos bowed his head quickly, and then turning sharply on his heel he left the room and swiftly headed to the docking bay.

*[Xani!] Obi-Wan cried out through their bond.

[What is it, what?s wrong?] Xanatos asked.

[Help!?Xani!] Obi-Wan cried out again before the bond was silenced.*

~*~*~

?Shavit!? Sidious snarled, slamming his fist onto his desk. He looked back at Captain Cresh?s image on his desk and his anger increased tenfold. ?What do you mean you can?t find them?? he asked sharply, his tone laced with anger.

?We prepared to intercept them at the coordinates where we would force the ship out of hyperspace but they never came and our scouts that were following them had

14. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Cool, Xan's back! Hope the stowaway is friend, and not foe.

So Sideous doesn't quite have Obi and Bruck yet?

~Bek

15. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Well written post.

16. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ?Sit down, pacing solves nothing.? Yoda said sharply, hitting his stick on the ground with a load crack.

Xanatos stopped his pacing and turned to glare at Yoda, ?and sitting down will? Obi-Wan is missing and you expect me to sit down!??

That's tellin' the troll, Xan! [face_laugh]

Ooohh, stowaway...this should be interesting :D

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Okay, Xan is back and on his way to help Obi-Wan (we hope). A stowaway - hummmm, I wonder who that could be!

And what happened to the two teams? It must have been some problem to get both teams to disappear.

Good job. Keep going!

18. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

?What were you?the council thinking? They are not even padawan?s and they were sent on a mission? Whose slug filled brain came up with that idea?? Xanatos asked in a rising voice.

Yoda whacked Xanatos? leg with his gimer stick, ?Watch your tongue you should, Obi-Wan?s idea it was.?

Xanatos started to head out of the room but was intercepted by Yoda?s stick and stumbled.

?Rush in blindly you must not.?

HAHA! You tell him, Yoda. A stowaway? Wouldn't be anyone I know, would it? Such as a certain Mon Calamarian?

UP!

19. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Bekah_K: Cool, Xan's back! Hope the stowaway is friend, and not foe.

[face_mischief]

So Sideous doesn't quite have Obi and Bruck yet?

yep. :)

Keeper_of_Swords: Well written post.

Thanks. :)

JadeSolo: Ooohh, stowaway...this should be interesting

Yep ;)

dianethx: Okay, Xan is back and on his way to help Obi-Wan (we hope). A stowaway - hummmm, I wonder who that could be!

:)

And what happened to the two teams? It must have been some problem to get both teams to disappear.

Good job. Keep going!

Thanks. Another post coming soon. :)

Xeana: A stowaway? Wouldn't be anyone I know, would it? Such as a certain Mon Calamarian?

Nope, not her. :)

20. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm not very good with space battles but its better then nothing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kiraara crawled out from under the cot in the cabin and stood up. Her empty stomach growled as she stretched her arms. Her hair was messed up and her clothes were rumpled from being curled up in her hiding spot. Exiting the cabin her bare feet pattered along the hard, cool, metallic floor of the ship. She looked up at a door that led to another part of a ship and pressed against it to make it slide open. Entering she found herself facing a startled Xanatos.

~*~*~

Luneera walked down the cobblestone pathway to the central plaza. The sky was a clear purple and the air was warm. A soft cool wind blew and swept Luneera?s auburn hair into her face. Blueish green grass grew along the pathways and blue wild flowers bloomed. The air smelled fresh and sweet and orange winged birds flew by overhead, singing their song.

She came to the center of the plaza and sat down in a meditative posture and waited.

?Rise young one.?

Luneera stood and slightly bowed, ?Master. The ones you sent for are here.?

Frellon?s clear golden eyes shown with approval, ?You have done well. Go see to their comfort till I arrive.?

?Yes my master.? Luneera answered, bowing her head she turned and left.

Frellon pulled his silver hood up over his crown of tan horns and walked down a separate path.

~*~*~

Zaneku watched the waves crash onto the beach, listened to the cries of the birds that swept down to seize a morsel of food. His shoulder length blond hair with red highlights was swept up by the wind that came from his right. His striking blue eyes filled with years of wisdom, years of wisdom and pain. His eyes closed, his arms crossed on his chest as he sank into meditation. Riding the waves of the Force to the threads that connected everything and everyone in the universe together and bound it. Here there was peace, no pain, no sorrow, no worries.

?Master Zaneku.?

Slowly emerging from his meditation he filled himself with the peace of his meditation, of letting the Force fill him and renew him. Opening his eyes he turned around to sea the speaker. ?Speak my friend.?

Frellon lifted his head and met Zaneku?s eyes, ?Kenobi and Chun are here.?

?Excellent. Bring them here to me after you meet with them.? Zaneku answered, a small smile on his lips.

Frellon bowed his head, turned and left.

Zaneku watched his friend leave, his heart beginning to ache as he thought of all of his friends that he saw die, killed in battle. Even one with the Force he still felt pained at their deaths. He wished to join them yet the Force still had plans for him. Frellon was his last friend, one still living, one not from his own time. Looking back out at the ocean he say in the distance the gray, prism-shaped stone. A chill ran through him as he remembered the destruction of his home, the whole planet wiped from existence. It was the reason his home was destroyed, it was the reason for this planet, a planet that had no name, did not exist as the other planets did. It was the reason he was here. He was of the past, dead but alive. Frellon, he was whole and from the present time. Luneera was of the possible future, not existing yet alive.

The ancient stone hummed as it hovered in the air, turning, growing, and shrinking. The sight of it, so innocent yet so deadly. To touch it was dangerous, to move it was forbidden. He had thought that it had been destroyed with his planet but here it was, undamaged and deadly. It had brought protection to his planet, prosperity and peace, only to later on destroy the planet with all its people.
    Its origins were a mystery, yet the energy that flowed from it was undoubtedly from the Force.

Closing his eyes he once again drifted into the currents of the Force.

~*~*~

?The stars don?t match up to any of the charts.? Zenia stated, shaking her head in frustration.

Qui-Gon?s eyes were closed as he stretched out with the Force to see if he could sense anything familiar.

Zenia lo

21. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    ?What a fine day this is turning out to be.? Zenia muttered sarcastically under her breath, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

Qui-Gon raised a questioning eyebrow at her but didn?t say anything to her comment. Took the words right out of my mouth.

LOL! Like father, like daughter! 8-}

~Bek

22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I'M SOOOOOOOOOO CONFUSSED AND LOST ON THIS WHOLE POST...................................................

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Bekah_K: That is a fact. :)

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: [face_mischief] all will be explained. ;)

24. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  25. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good post.

I liked this part most:

Another volley of laser fire hit them at the portside and a red light beeped on the console alerting them of the rapidly failing shields.

?I can?t keep this up forever and we can?t risk making a jump into hyperspace.? Zenia said as the ship shook from the onslaught.

?The communications system is not functioning, something must be jamming the signal.? Qui-Gon informed her as he transferred power to the shields from the unused portions of the ship.

The ship suddenly jerked to an abrupt stop and Zenia and Qui-Gon were thrown violently forward. The safety belts held them in place but they were left gasping for air as shock ran through their bodies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.