main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Anything for a Master(AU)Obi, Bruck, Qui, Xani, Zenia(Ria)(Update 3/19/04)*gasp*a post and a surpris

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jacen200015, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Keeper_of_Swords: I'm glad you liked it. More coming soon. :)

Forum Announcement: The Valentine?s Day Love Letter Challenge has started.

Author Note: I have responded to the challenge and have posted it in the 'Love Letter Before the Saga anthology thread.'

Summary: Xanatos writes Zenia a letter and she responds.

2. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan woke up to the bright, warm sunlight shining on is face. Eyelids fluttering open his eyes adjusted to the light. His brow furrowed as he felt a sensation of wrongness. Still groggy he climbed out of bed and looked out the window. His eyes widened at what he saw. This is not right. We were still on the ship when we fell asleep in our cabin. turning around swiftly he spotted Bruck still sleeping in another bed that he had not noticed before. ?Hey Bruck, wake up!? when he did not stir Obi-Wan walked over to him and Force pushed him out of bed.

Bruck fell with a thump and Bruck woke up, muttering something unintelligible under his breath. Placing his hands on the side of the bed he stood up and rubbed his eyes. ?What was that for?? he asked, still oblivious to his new surroundings.

Walking around to the other side of the bed Obi-Wan grabbed Bruck?s arm and pulled him over to the window. ?Look outside.?

Bruck rubbed his eyes again with the palms of his hands as his eyes adjusted to the bright light and looked out of the window. Instead of buildings he saw trees, instead of paved paths he saw grass and sand. ?You sure were awake??

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and looked out the window with Bruck. ?It hurt when you fell out of bed, didn?t it??

Bruck sighed and ran his hand through his bedraggled hair, ?I get your point. Ok so if were not on the ship, nor on Coruscant then where in the Force are we??

?The place of Jedi of old.?

Bruck and Obi-Wan turned around to see Frellon walk into the room.

?Relax, you?re guests here.? Frellon told them in a soothing voice, ?I?m sure you have many questions.?

?That?s an understatement,? Bruck remarked.

?Who are you and why are we here?? Obi-Wan asked.

?I am Master Frellon, you may call me Frellon. You are here because you were summoned.?

?What do you mean by summoned? We didn?t receive any summons?? Bruck replied with a small frown.

Frellon nodded his head, ?indeed you didn?t hear or see a summon but none the less you are here.?

Obi-Wan crossed his arms and looked into Frellon?s eyes. He could see no lies or deceit hidden there, only truth and calmness. ?Why should we believe you??

?How can you not?? Frellon responded with a raised eyebrow. ?There are fresh clothes in the closet. Breakfast will be ready in a half hour.? Turning around he left the room leaving two befuddled initiates behind.

~*~*~

?What are you doing aboard my ship?? Xanatos asked as he looked down at the little girl.

Kiraara looked up at him and held her hands up and waited for him to pick her up.

With a soft sigh he picked her up and sat her down on his lap. Now what? There?s no way she could have gotten far from her crèche master and her getting on this ship out of 15 other ships are really big odds for a little girl. ?What?s your name?? he asked gently.

She looked at him with her auburn eyes and tilted her head to the right as if not understanding his question.

?Can you talk?? he asked when she didn?t answer.

Looking away from him she began to play with his fingers.

I guess not. ?Are you hungry?? Xanatos asked, his own stomach growing in response.

Kiraara looked back up at him and nodded her head yes.

Xanatos stood up with her in his arms and headed for the kitchen.

~*~*~

Luneera stirred the Okatai Muesli in the pot with a wide wooden stirring spoon until it reached the correct thickness. Taking it off the heater she carefully spooned it into the bowls. Her long, thick braided auburn hair lay on her back and glistened in the early morning light. She wore a light brown tunic with an orange sash. Finishing filling the bowls she placed the pot into the sink and turned to see Frellon walk in. ?Master, breakfast is ready, where are our guests??

Frellon?s dark golden eyes sparkled and he simply smiled. Sitting down he waited for a few minutes until Obi-Wan and Bruck entered the room. Gesturing for them to sit down at the table he took a small bite of his food.

Obi-Wan and Bruck warily sat down across from Frellon at t

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    SO Bruck and Obi weren't sent to the slave market, but we still don't know exactly where they are.

4. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    :) you got it.

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Good post. Luneera smiled warmly, ?judge nothing by how it looks. Looks can be deceiving, don?t trust your eyes alone.?...nice line.

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  7. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  8. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    I'm sorry i'm taking so long posting the next part. After rereading what i had written i found i didn't like where it was going with Obi-Wan and Bruck. sooo I decided to make an unexpected twist.
    i'm not sure how i'll get it to work but hopefully you guys won't have to wait to long.

Again i'm sorry about the delay.

9. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan and Bruck followed Frellon and Luneera out of the house, down to the beach. They were silent as they walked, the only sounds came from the birds that flew by overhead and the wind whistling through the trees behind them.
    They approached a still figure that stood facing the sea.

Frellon and Luneera stopped a few meters away and gave a short, simultaneous bow.

Obi-Wan and Bruck glanced at each other before doing the same.

?Frellon and Luneera, you may leave.? Zaneku said in a soft, firm voice before slowly turning around to face them.

Bruck watched them bow and leave before turning his attention to the man before them.

?Clever,? Zaneku began, ?It takes a lot of guts to go before the council with a proposal.?

?How did you know about that?? Obi-Wan asked, curiosity and caution steadily growing.

Zaneku let out a low chuckle, ?Yes, very bold indeed. Now tell me younglings, what do you know about the ancient Jedi code??
    ?From what we have learned we know that they called the code the guideline for peace,? Bruck began, ?It went something like this; Be Loyal to the galaxy. Heed your teachers. Honor friendships. No retreat in battle. In fighting seek to disarm. Trust in the Force.
    I am what I am because I choose to be. I am a Jedi by choice, and will listen to The Breath. My brothers and sisters are my heart and my mind. Even though we may disagree with each other, we still strive to be ONE. As a Jedi, I must go forth to seek to keep and bring peace, understand myself, and find peace within.

And then there were seven creeds that were more personal, Integrity, Concentration, Respect and Obedience, Self-Control, Humility, and Indomitable Spirit.?

?Is that all?? Zaneku asked as he stared at Bruck.

?Yes.?

Zaneku massaged his forehead with his index finger and thumb before looking at Obi-Wan. ?Do you agree??

?I guess so,? Obi-Wan replied uncertainly, ?What more can there be? We can?t be sure that the translation of the ancient codes?err?guidelines are accurate.?

?Ah, an excellent assumption and rightly so. Now from what you do know, why do you suppose these guidelines were set aside for new ones??

?They were old?? Bruck guessed.

?Perhaps after many translations the meanings got distorted?? Obi-Wan added.

?So if the meanings were distorted then do you think the ancient guidelines that you learned are inaccurate??

?Well yes.? Obi-Wan answered.

?Then do you agree that all that you have been taught so far involving the Jedi teachings, codes, and history is inaccurate??

?What are you saying?? Bruck asked, breaking the sudden silence.

Ignoring Bruck?s question he turned around to face the ocean, ?Your devotion to the Jedi order is strong, however is your devotion to the Force stronger??

Obi-Wan?s eyes narrowed as he struggled to discern what Zaneku was saying. ?I guess but isn?t that the same thing? To be devoted to the order is it be devoted to the Force, right??

Zaneku?s icy blue eyes flashed in irritation as he turned back around and looked at the boys with a stern look. ?Who is the one asking the questions?? he asked sharply.

Bruck and Obi-Wan both took a small step back, the waves splashing against the shore seemed to become louder and more ferocious.

?Were just trying to understand.? Bruck defended, swallowing a nervous lump in his throat.

?If you did understand then we wouldn?t be here now talking would we?? Zaneku answered. When they both remained silent he let out a heavy, drawn out sigh, ?The Jedi order has become too ingrained into the Senate. The Council dictates the Jedi?s actions on and off the field. Already there are dissents growing in the Jedi ranks while a growing darkness looms in the horizon. The Senate is also beginning to weaken as corruption is slowly taking place. When the Republic falls it will take the Jedi with it.?

Bruck?s face held a picture of shock from what he heard, ?that?s?.not?possible.? he declared, as his voice trembled.

Obi-Wan?s face darkened as a shadow passed over him, ?that will never happen!?

?Ne

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    UMMM WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?

11. MysteriousRaven13

MysteriousRaven13 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I second that. What in the world is going on? Where is Obi?

This story has me hooked and I can't wait for more.

12. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Huh?

I know- this is a plot to make us crazy

13. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Well, I'd like to know where Obi-Wan has gone and what's up with the spirits? Of course, the Master was right. The darkness is rising and the Jedi will be swept away if they aren't careful.

Looking forward to see how you're going to move the plot along. I will be patient.

14. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: UMMM WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?

Thats a very good question. :)

MysteriousRaven13: I second that. What in the world is going on? Where is Obi?

The answer may just surprise you.

This story has me hooked and I can't wait for more.

:)

PadawanKitara: Huh? I know- this is a plot to make us crazy

:D

dianethx: Well, I'd like to know where Obi-Wan has gone and what's up with the spirits? Of course, the Master was right. The darkness is rising and the Jedi will be swept away if they aren't careful.

Looking forward to see how you're going to move the plot along. I will be patient.

;) :D :)

15. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
  16. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Ok, i'm starting to make some headway into the next post. :) should be up sometime this week.

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~her beanie babies really wanna hurt someone in this story~

18. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    hmmm, i wonder who? ;)

19. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Ok, I rewrote the last part of this post but i still don't think Qui-Gon came out to good in it. *sighs.* However it is a post. enjoy. :) ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan woke up suddenly as a warning through rang through his mind. Jumping off his cot he want to the cabin door but found that it was locked tight. ?Bruck wake up! Something?s wrong.?

Bruck muttered something incoherently under his breath before jumping down off of the bunk and joining Obi-Wan. ?What?s wrong??

?The door won?t open and I can?t feel Aalto and his Master?s presence.?

Bruck scanned the ship with the Force and confirmed what Obi-Wan was saying, ?great, now what??

Obi-Wan kicked the door hard with the heel of his right foot only to gain a sore foot for his efforts. ?Well obviously something must have happened---?

?Obi-Wan.?

?The question is what happened and why we weren?t alerted sooner-----?

?Obi-Wan.?

?What?? Obi-Wan asked, irritation in his voice.

Before Bruck could the respond the ship jerked sharply to the left, throwing the initiates into the wall. Small series of explosions were heard outside and grew louder with each blast.

The both looked at each other, horror written on their faces. The ship was going to blow.

~*~*~

?What was that all about?? Qui-Gon demanded, his tone sharper then intended.

Zenia had met up with Qui-Gon in the corridor and was now looking, unflinchingly at him. ?I have my reasons.? She stated bluntly.

Qui-Gon crossed his arms over his chest and looked directly into her eyes, ?I?m sure you do. Do you care to tell me what they are??

Does he have to do that? He doesn?t know I?m his daughter yet he acts like a father would. He is making this very difficult. ?Ok so I was a little harsh---?

?But that does not excuse you for it. You are a Knight now Zenia and you need to start acting like one.? Qui-Gon told her in a reprimanding tone.

Zenia?s eyes blazed with defiance as she adopted his posture, ?I will do what I believe is right and no one tells me what I can or cannot do.?

?I am the elder here.?

Zenia rolled her eyes and shook her head, ?you claim you?re the elder, yet you would deliberately disobey the council?s orders, your ?elders?.?

?That is besides the point---?

?Oh? Then what is? Don?t be a hypocrite Qui-Gon. You know that I?m right.?

Qui-Gon looked at her in shock that was quickly covered by a mask a few seconds later. ?I?? he searched for what to say in response but found his mind failing to come up with something.

Zenia masked her own shock as well, for the whole time that she had known Qui-Gon, she had never seen him speechless.

After a few minutes of silence Qui-Gon turned around and headed down the opposite end of the corridor.

~*~*~

Obi-Wan slammed his fists into the hard metal floor in mounting frustration. ?We can?t even crawl through the air vents.?

Bruck who had been sitting in a meditative posture on the floor opened his eyes and looked at Obi-Wan. ?I have an idea. We can put ourselves into a Force induced trance.?

?Yeah and be blasted into oblivion.? Obi-Wan responded sarcastically.

Bruck shook his head and motioned to the small refresher, ?one of us will have to go into a Force induced trance while the other will form a protective Force bubble around the refresher. Hopefully the refresher will remain intact, us included.?

Obi-Wan looked at Bruck like he was crazy, ?You can?t expect either one of us to hold a Force bubble to shield us from the blast for that long. Plus what if there are leaks in the metal??

?Well we don?t have much of a choice now do we?? Bruck answered as he stood up and headed for the refresher, ?Come on, we don?t have much time.?

Obi-Wan followed him, mumbling prayers to the Force as he walked.

Bruck laid down in the bathtub and let Obi-Wan put him in a deep trance. Closing he eyes he gave Obi-Wan a smile of encouragement before slipping off into the trance.

Obi-Wan sat down on the floor in a meditative posture and surrounded the refresher wit

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Why do I feel like I'm watching the episode of Dallas where Bobby steps out of the shower?

21. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    I don't know. i don't know the show either. *shrugs shoulders) anyway i'm glad you liked it. :) ;)

22. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Good posts.

?Yeah and be blasted into oblivion.? Obi-Wan responded sarcastically...Nice. Reminded me of Obi-wan's first meeting with Jar-Jar.

23. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    Thanks. :)

More to come soon. ;)

and some surprise characters are on their way. ;)

24. jacen200015

Jan 11, 2002
    I had so much fun writing this post that its more then three pages long :eek: Enjoy :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan let out a groan as he rolled over onto his back. His head felt like it had been trampled on by a herd of banthas? and his body ached everywhere. We made it. He carefully sat up and probed the Force bubble he had made to make sure it was still intact. The air felt thinner then usual but it was still breathable. Putting his hand to the back of his head where he was certain was a lump he pulled his fingers away to find his fingers covered with blood.

Finding a small washcloth on the floor he wiped his fingers off and crawled over to the tub Bruck was in. Seeing that his friend was ok he laid down on his stomach and put himself in a healing trance.

~*~*~

Jonash absently tapped his fingers on the control consol in obvious boredom and sighed. ?Are you sure they headed this way?? he asked his dad for the umpteenth time.

Denn looked over at his son and gave him a lopsided grin, ?Have I ever been wrong before??

Jonash slumped in his seat and laid his head on the headrest. ?No,? he admitted.

Denn chucked and turned his attention back at the controls, ?prepare to come out of hyperspace.?

Jonash quickly sat up and double-checked the controls, ?all set.?

?3?2?1?? Denn counted down and then pulled the lever.

The lines of blurred stars slowed till all the stars were visible. The ship rocked as it hit debris.

?Whoa!? Jonash exclaimed. ?I think we may have found their latest victim.?

Denn nodded as he constipated the ship for the sudden debri. ?Right on the mark too. This looks like it happened not to long ago.?

Anger filled Jonash?s mind at the pirates that caused destruction everywhere they went. ?Emwhulb!? he swore between his teeth as he scanned for any possible survivors. His eyes suddenly widened when the life sensor beeped as it found a survivor. ?Dad! One life form reading in that rectangular chunk of debri.?

Denn quirked an eyebrow in surprise and double-checked his son?s sensors. Sure enough there was the unmistakable reading of a survivor. ?It looks small enough to pull it into the cargo bay. Launch the tractor beam and carefully bring it in.? he told him as he sat back down and began to prepare the docking bay.

Eight minutes later the ship dropped a few inches as the added weight in the cargo bay came to rest on the floor. Unstrapping theirselves they grabbed a medical kit and a few possible tools and ran to the cargo bay.

Jonash couldn?t believe his eyes at what he saw once they entered the cargo bay. The object looked like a refresher, intact and blackened fro the explosion.

?Stop staring and hand me the plasma cutter.? Denn told him as he found an area to cut through.

Jonash handed him the plasma cutter and watched as his father cut a doorway into the intact refresher.

Within minutes the doorway was cut open and was laying on the floor. Denn went inside and carried out a boy around Jonash?s age and laid him on the deck and then went in to retrieve the second boy.

Jonash immediately went to work, examining the injuries and treating the head wound.

Denn laid the second boy down next to his companion and shook his head. ?How one of them survived the explosion beets me.?

Obi-Wan?s eyes flickered open to see Jonash?s face hovering over him, ?Thanks.? He croaked out and struggled to sit up.

?Lay back down, you got in quite a mess.? Denn remarked, walking over to his son?s side.

Obi-Wan ignored him and looked over at his friend, ?Bruck, I have a plan.?

?When do you not?? Bruck responded, snapping out of his trance. Opening his eyes he looked toward Obi-Wan. ?Who are our friends?? he asked, spotting the two unfamiliar people standing next to Obi-Wan.

Denn quickly got over his surprise as it the puzzle began to click in his mind, ?Your Jedi padawans.?

Obi-Wan turned his head to look at Denn, ?Not quite yet but we hope to be soon.?

Jonash looked at his dad then Obi-Wan and then at Bruck, ?I don

25. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    That was cool, especially the part of Jonash's past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.