main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Anything you can do--Anakin and Clark Kent--my first Crossover vignette ever

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Clark could not, for the life of him, understand why this man was smirking. After all, it wasn't every day that someone got to see, firsthand, what a noble son of Krypton could do when he put his mind to it.

And this wasn't even very hard. It was just that most people were impressed by someone benchpressing seven metric tons of steel.

And still this guy, Anakin, was smirking. What a chump!

"You seem amused," Clark said wryly.

Anakin didn't seem to be bothered by the challenge in his voice. He just arched an eyebrow at the vehicle that Clark was lifting overhead.

"Sorry," he said and didn't sound like he meant it, "am I supposed to be impressed?"

He hadn't encountered such arrogance since Lex Luthor and that was saying something!

"Impressed?!" he repeated.

He threw the vehicle off so that it would land a few yards away from the punk...

And it remained in midair. Now this Anakin guy was staring at it instead with a slight look of intense concentration that quickly dissolved back into the smirk.

"Anything you can do," he challenged, "I can do better."

Most people, when they had just had their lives saved by Superman, wouldn't try and upstage him. The planet hadn't really been on the way, but he had noticed an impending disaster involving millions of tons of precariously balanced steel and an unsuspecting populace below and had put things aright before anything serious could happen.

And the man was unimpressed. Not that it particularly mattered, but he was now curious as to what would impress him.

Clark frowned slightly. "An interesting trick," he conceded. "I suppose you have x-ray vision as well?"

"Not necessary."

"Oh, really," Clark scoffed. "Matter is that transparent here?"

"No," Anakin retorted, "but their minds are. For example..."

There was a vague pressure against his brain as if he were within a lightyear of kryptonite and Anakin's smirk turned into a grin.

"So," he said. "You go for brunettes, too?"

"A good guess," Clark conceded. "But you could have just guessed that."

"What else can you do?" Anakin challenged.

Lois would be unhappy if he got into a proverbial spitting contest just for vanity's sake, but perhaps there was something to this conversation that could work to their mutual advantage.

"I can stop bullets," he admitted.

"I can deflect them," Anakin countered.

"I can eliminate fire with my breath," Clark pressed on.

Anakin waved a dismissive hand. "That's something they teach the younglings," he asserted.

the thought of a horde of six-year-olds with superpowers was almost laughable, but he didn't say so.

"I can fly," he said.

That finally stopped him. He seemed to either be doing some quick calculations or considering possibilities. Either way, he knew he'd won.

"Can you teach me?" Anakin asked.

"In a manner of speaking," Clark granted.

Finally, the grin wasn't mocking. "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Hmmm. Now just add a brunette or two and the testosterone level will skyrocket to Krypton..lol

Funny Start!

3. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    LOL That was great Ishie! Poor Clarkipoo. ;) Anakin should't have tried to upstage him after having his life saved. Tsk Tsk. ;)

Loved it!

How 'bout Jack Sparrow and Yoda next? ;)

4. darthzeppo

darthzeppo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 21, 2005
  5. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    This is absolutely hilarious and brilliant!!!! Oh Anakin, Anakin... lolol. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Soooo brilliant. I love it.

-Mia

6. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I loved that last line. I never quite thought about superman not being so super in the SW universe!

7. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    LOL! [face_laugh]

That's classic....and so very timely...

Well done! :D

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    [face_laugh] This was funny, and well done! Acch, testosterone is the same everywhere, isn't it?

9. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_laugh] hee hee... i must say, I don't know who to root for... I love them both!!!

A beautiful friendship, you say? To fight evil? hopefully...:D

Please add me to the PM list!

Rachel Rose@};-

10. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    =D=

i agree with luney can we get a yoda/jack sparrow cross-over it'd be halirious they would have the most confusing conversation ever any one around them would wonder how they could even understand a word the other was saying

anyways back to the reply

loved it will there be any more

11. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Anakin[face_shame_on_you] don't you know it's bad manners to be rude to people who save your life?

12. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Oh my kriff, that would be so...brilliant. That would be the most... interesting and brilliant fic ever, I think. Ish, you up for it? I would love to see it if the muse for that strikes you. :)

-Mia

13. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Yeah! You did a wonderful job with my bunny! Why is it that I generate all these plot bunnies for you?

14. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Most people, when they had just had their lives saved by Superman, wouldn't try and upstage him.

LOL! Most people aren't Anakin Skywalker. :D Lovely story, Ish. Another winner. And CONGRATULATIONS on completing your 100 Vignettes! Glad to know you're still going strong. :)

LOL! Evil! :D

15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Noelie--LOL, get Han in here for the bragfest. "I can stop bullets" "Yeah, but I shot first!" Thanks!

padawan lunetta--Oh, gosh, I thought nothing could be more revolting than "Lukie," but now you've moved on to "Clarkipoo?!" *convulsive shudder.* :) Anakin shouldn't have tried, but he was Anakin. Thanks! No.

darthzeppo--Thank you!

MiaTieska--Thanks, Mia! LOL, Anakin, anakin... Indeed!

Araxie--It's all kateydidnt's fault. She and I had lunch and we started talking about what it would be like for two superpeople (chosen one and man of steel) to meet up. Thanks!

astroanna--LOL, yeah, appropriate to the moment. Thanks!

dm1--THanks, dm1! Testosterone is like oxygen. You can't ever escape it.

AnakinLuver--I'd root for Superman. Unfortunately, this vignette is a vignette--one-shot. :) Thanks for the interest, though.

frankieskywalker--Yes, dear, but I have the principle of at least one character in each story being able to speak english in some form or another. I don't think either Jack or Yoda would qualify. Thanks! Not for the foreseeable future. I'm a bit of a coward because I've never tried crossover before.

SpiritofEowyn--Bah, it's also bad manners to bring a lightsaber to kindergarten...

MiaTieska--Now that's what you need to write, Mia. I don't know if I could handle it. Now of course the muse WILL strike me.

kateydidnt--Awww, thanks! You generate plot bunnies for me because I'm your favorite look-alike!

leia_naberrie--Most people aren't Anakin Skywalker and thank the Force for that! Thanks! :) Very evil.

16. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    OMG! That toally made my night! That was awesome.

17. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! This was great! Oh, what a pretty picture the two of them would make, huh?? =P~ =P~ [face_blush]

Great title for this too!!! Perfect!

18. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was great, Ish! Clark and Anakin. Heh. Ah, Anakin. Don't anger the guy who can move planets and flash-fry you with a stare, okay?

Loved the end, too. Heh.

19. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Boys . . . :rolleyes:

Nice. Very nice. I think they'd actually get on pretty well . . .

Good stuff :D

20. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    "I can stop bullets," he admitted.

"I can deflect them," Anakin countered.

"I can eliminate fire with my breath," Clark pressed on.

Anakin waved a dismissive hand. "That's something they teach the younglings," he asserted.

the thought of a horde of six-year-olds with superpowers was almost laughable, but he didn't say so.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh my goodness? this brings about a really funny mental picture.

"I can fly," he said.

That finally stopped him. He seemed to either be doing some quick calculations or considering possibilities. Either way, he knew he'd won.

LOL! Got you, Anakin!

This was brilliant, Ish! :D

21. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

Oh, a flying Anakin. That's just what the galaxy needs! [face_laugh]

This was hilarious!

"Anything you can do," he challenged, "I can do better."

And thanks for putting that song in my head, btw. o_O

Loved it! :D

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Renton Kenobi--:) Glad it made your night. Thanks!

VA_Parky--They would make a very pretty picture (pre-mustafar, that is)! Thanks! I liked the title, too.

RK_Striker_JK_5--Yay, the king of crossovers comes around! :) Good advice to Anakin. Thanks.

JediNemesis--Wonderwoman vs. Asajj Ventress... how about that matching of egos? :) Thanks. I think they'd get on pretty well...for a time.

Idrelle_Miocovani--It gave me a very funny mental image, too. :) We'll have to compare notes. Yup, that's the one thing Anakin can't do. He can fall...with style. Thanks!

Gina--Pretty terrifying prospect, eh? LOL, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.