main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side aotc anakin costuming

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Grimby , Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    jMO - not sure about that, sorry

Primrodo - interesting stuff. go ahead and post that pic of you want. ;)

EDIT: i'm going down to pick up my boots in a little while. can't wait to see how they turned out! :D

2. across0the0stars

across0the0stars Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2003
    well, for a complete costume, you might wanna look up a local costume maker, right now i'm looking into costume parts for my boyfriend, i sent messages to a local costume maker ( he makes renaissance costumes) and one in florida [btw i'm in nys], i've heard here and there that sometimes it'll be cheaper. look through the phone book for your area for anything that may include costumes =P

3. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Sounds good. Thanks for all the help. By the way, what are the costume ppl charging you? I have a good feeling Ill be able to afford it by the time I absolutely need it (Celebration III).

4. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    Heay Grimby!!!

Greetings from Augusta GA.

Hows it goin down in Korea?
    My brother in law might be joining you soon. The chanook pilot.

Any way, Hows the costume comin along? It sounds cool.

You still lookin for an Anakin saber?
    I did one a while back that looks verry much like Anakins. If you were willing to pay for parts and shiping I would make you one. I am even starting to experiment on E L blades soon.

P M me and let me know.

The boot guy sounds realy cool. How did they turn out?
    I might have to order a pair.

5. Headhunter0183

Headhunter0183 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2002
    Sorry, double post. My comp is screwin with me tonight.

By the way Bluestar and I are goin to Dragon Con this year. Yooohooo!
    Ill send ya some pics.

6. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    sorry to say i haven't gotten any prices back yet! i only recently started lookin around cuz i won't get to do my boyfriend's costume for a while ( he lives a few states away right now *pout*) but it seems to me that it'd be cheaper than goin to a big name company

btw when exactly IS celebration 3? i can't find that out anywheres, although i haven't looked too hard...

7. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    across0the0stars, Celebration 3 is a convention that is going to be held in 2005, shortly before the release of Episode Three. It's a huge star wars convention, with everything from the stars of star wars...it's a HUGE event. I'm already planning costumes for the three day event. The last one, Celebration 2, was held in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the RCA dome. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but there was somewhere around 27,000 people there the day I went. (only got to go one day) It's well worth every penny you spend to go, just to see other costumes. I saw Padme's picnic dresses before the movie came out in May. You get to see things that you normally can't see... such as the Yoda fight from episode 2 a few weeks before everyone else. You get to talk to the people who make the costumes. Trisha Biggar was at Celebration 2, and she's the costume designer.
    So, that's basically Celebration 3. A huge star wars convention that is the greatest thing ever to go to.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    james! great to hear from you!

korea's treating me pretty good. i work with some great people and i'm having fun despite there not being that much here to do. :)

i would love to take you up on the saber offer. i'll pm you with the details. ;)

have a good time at dragon con man, wish i could be there with you guys! :)

the boots turned out better than i expected! i just got back from picking them up downtown. they were very well made and i couldn't be happier! :D

i'll have the pics up in a few minutes....

9. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
  10. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Not bad Grimby!

Theres half a dozen things that are inaccurate, morst glaring is the spat shape over the toes, looks just like MC's which is wrong :p And the bottom strap should be by your anckle.

Other than that, pretty cool :)

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well i guess that's what i get for useing MC pics for reference. ;)

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    you didn't!

Should have used mine as reference :p I have many MANY reference from C2 and otherwise that was given to Rein One and his look perfect :)

13. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Across0the0Stars, I remember reading that they will announce the location of C3 at the end of this month. I am looking forward to my first (and last :( ) true Celebration...

14. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    okay thx,.. i would Love to go,... but that's before school lets out and things, i wouldn't have the money since that'd be the end of my first year in college, might not even be able to make a costume or anything, damnit! it all depends on cost... that Must cost a fortune to go to huh? =(

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    Should have used mine as reference :p I have many MANY reference from C2 and otherwise that was given to Rein One and his look perfect :)

pm sent. ;)

16. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    PM returned :)

Ponytail pics:

[image=http://www.graphic-design.ca/~monk/pics/ponytail1.jpg]

[image=http://www.graphic-design.ca/~monk/pics/ponytail2.jpg]

[image=http://www.graphic-design.ca/~monk/pics/ponytail3.jpg]

[image=http://www.graphic-design.ca/~monk/pics/ponytail4.jpg]

It attaches with the clip and actually looks quite good :)

17. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    =P i'd still hafta see how it looks on a person before i can believe how great it is

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Heres a capture from my fan film

[image=http://www.graphic-design.ca/~monk/lostsoul/ReinJaden.jpg]

19. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    sorry if i'm being too picky, but do you have a shot of the back of someones head?

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Only one I have, Jakes was a hard colour to match completely, so the part the attaches looks a bit lighter but it loks great IMO. :)

Mine looks better but my hair is dark and harder to see from the back.

[image=http://www.graphic-design.ca/~monk/lostsoul/ReinJaden3.jpg]

21. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    cool, now what's it made outta?, i think i could figure out how ta make one... =P

22. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Y'all should go the real route. Grow your hair out and cut it leaving the ponytail, like I did. It looks very real ;)

23. across0the0stars

Jul 29, 2003
    lol i would hope yer real hair looks real, but i'm Never gonna get my boyfriend to do that =P

24. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well Jango, of course real looks the best :p

Its made out of fake hair :) Its real easy to make and fun to have instead of growing one. :)

25. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Hey, having a real one is fun. And you don't have to worry about it ever falling off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.