main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT AOTC and ROTS 3-D releases postponed

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Gallandro, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    He just stuck out to me more, I guess. But I do agree with you, I feel the 3-D poster is just a bit of fan service and I prefer the Struzan artwork any day. Still butthurt that Disney didn't actually contact him.

2. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I do prefer the original posters but since it was given to me for free for going on launch I was hopeful there would be giveaways for the subsequent re releases.

I was too young to care for getting posters of the PT when it came out. Buying a poster off Ebay just isn't the same as going to the theater, getting the poster and being part of the fun.

Im hoping the original saga will return to theaters in a reasonably soon future.

3. YodaDooDahDay

YodaDooDahDay Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 20, 2010
    Wow. So it only took 7 flippin' days for Disney's excuse that they were postponing the 3D releases because "...we will now focus 100 percent of our efforts on Star Wars: Episode VII..." to be exposed as a flat out LIE. Hey look, fans*! Shiny new object!!! "Lucasfilm is officially announcing new spinoff films." So much for their claim of wanting to "ensure the best possible experience for our fans."

The timeline of these two announcements is either an amazing display of brass or a depressing indication of how Disney intends to treat the existing films, particularly the PT.

Actually, it's both.

(*fans=people who only like the originals)

eht13, KilroyMcFadden and Arawn_Fenn like this.