main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ AOTC Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, May 15, 2002.

?

AOTC Appreciation Thread

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Best there is, best there was, best there ever will be!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Loved it!

95.2%
  3. Good movie

4.8%
  4. It was average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. //Yawn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Please George! No more!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Hi SimplyThrilledHoney. :)

Looks like I'm the only one here who thinks EU is 'canon'. I don't really mind the Boba Fett thing, just the Death Star. But the movie interpretation is better, though. I read the EU books and accept the stories, I don't go out of my way to make sure everything written in them matches with the movies and other novels and get grumpy if they don't. I don't really read any fanfiction--except the one Kitt wrote, and some alternate universe silly ones 8-}--to me they're just, well. fanfics. Highly entertaining, though. :)

All in all, the movies still come first, especially the OT. :)

2. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    SWNZ if u that against EU y do u have a EU character as your icon

I love EU lucas will regret it one day when he realises how he did ova that fans

3. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Um....he doesn't owe us or anything. [face_plain] He gave us 4 great movies and a crappy one--one which some people *did* enjoy. The only problem I have with SW as a whole is that it's so commmercial.

4. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    They are all great movies Lil_lisa

I have grown to like TPM with time, it has it place

As for the commerical aspect, that life.
    We may not agree with it but that how all movies are now days which is unfortunate. Movies now days are no longer about the movie it is all above what merchandise they can sell also

I hear Spiderman already has 2 more movies planned and the first is only just released

5. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Supply and demand...Star Wars fans demand the merchandise...although perhaps Jar Jar toothbrushes are unnecessary.

As for Episode II, they spent much less on the worldwide marketing campaign than most movies do, and for Episode I, there were only two trailers, two posters and a few ads. No more than most movies. The hype is generated by the media and fans.

And although it's really going off-topic, I choose to believe what I like when it comes to the EU. If I had to accept everything that happens in the books -- and even if Lucas came out and said it was all canon I wouldn't have to -- I wouldn't like Star Wars nearly as much. I still read all the 'mainstream' EU books (Bantam books and the NJO), and some of them are very good, but some cheapen the movies, IMHO. For example, the cloned Emperor makes Anakin's sacrifice a lot less important. It's not really bringing balance to the Force...

On topic - Attacking clones rule :D

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    [image=http://starwars-rpg.net/swfa/images/sdmace.gif]

/\ that is all.

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Because the dude in my icon looks like he demands repect a'ight :cool:

8. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Well, I did say some people liked TPM. I've seen it two and half times so I can't say I hated it.

There are some fans who would say, "You're not a true SW fan if you like TPM." Or ROTJ, to a lesser extent. Has anyone been told that? It kinda pi$$es me off because they are still different movies, and I don't have to like all of them to say, "Yeah I'm a Star Wars fan."

Which brings me to EU again! :D Basically what Seb said. I see them all as stories in the SW universe, six of them are told in the format of movies, others in books. I suppose I'm very selective when it comes to the EU--I only read the books, not the comics or play the games. And I don't bother with things like "Galaxy of Fear" [face_laugh] or "The Crystal Star", which I'm told is really really bad. :)

9. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    If ya really love star wars does it matter whether things are "canon" or not?
    personally I find anything star wars is fine with me!!

10. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    ahhh .... the post modern world in which we live. We can take as much, or as little of EU as we like. As i said in an earlier post, I think most of it is a crock, but that's just my opinion. For example, I don't thing the Emporer was cloned, and Chewbacca doesn't die in *my* Star Wars, but then again, I believe Boba Fett escaped the Sarlacc.

I just get riled when people attempt to insist that George should maintain continuity with the third-party novels, when he is the auteur. By way of an incredibly lame analogy, it's like saying to God "if you ever decide to appear to me and share the secrets of the universe with me, you bloody well better have a long white beard and sandals or I won't have a bar of it!"

Lawrence

On an aside, Aucklanders, the greatest band off all time, The Go-Betweens, are coming here and playing on June 15th at the Westend Theatre at the St. James, supported by The Brunettes. I swear this will be the best gig you ever go to in your entire life .....

11. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    OK people, Episode II is so much better the second time! :)

12. ferg

ferg Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    GO YODA!!!!

Good movie - have to agree, second time watching is better! (so i can c Yoda again!!)

13. laos76

laos76 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I loved AOTC so much it was,as always, more than I could have hoped for!

Anakin's detail to Padme about the slaughter, ranks as one of my fav Star Wars scenes ever!

14. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    SWNZ i bet u dont even know wat race he is

15. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    does it matter?

16. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    he's a chiss, but no humble it doesn't matter!:)

17. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Chans: seen it again?

bah - read the other thread.

18. rhysati_ynr

rhysati_ynr Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Well all ill put here is that the movie is just beginning to grow on me on the EU side of things I love the x wing series wedge rocks and so does all the other characters like Wes and Tycho and Hobbie anyway thats about all i have to say and my fav bit of the movie was the music.

19. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I think I *do* like AOTC, but I don't like the PT as much as the OT and I think I know why now...the PT to me, is like the EU of the Ot that got made into the movies!

20. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    Think it was great

going for a second dose tomorrow night
    can let it sink in a bit more

now to remember to look for the falcons

21. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Falcons?

There's more than one?

22. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I love the bit where yoda is teaching the kids. "lost a planet Master Obi wan has, how embarrassing".

Chans: seen it again?

sorry, went again with some mates who couldnt go to the premiere. goes to read other thread

23. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    wes janson is the funniest fella in the EU thats y i have him as my icon

24. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    I too cracked up when Yoda started mocking Obi-wan.

This sort-of sets the base for the great friendship that Yoda and Ben have later on... either that or because they are the only ones of their kind left in the entire galaxy!

25. farmboynz

Jul 19, 2001
    saw it a 2nd time in the weekend

Yoda rocks

The scene with Obi Wan and the kids is really cool

As for the falcons lil_lisa i heard that you can see 3 in one of the space port scene, i didn't see them this time
    damm i was looking too

And i am not sure if the call was Jango or Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.