Seattle, WA AOTC at IMAX, baby!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Master-Mishima, Sep 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Mishima Jedi Master

star 4
    There is already a thread on this topic in the SSWS pages, but I thought it deserved a shout here too.
    I, for one, think that this should be a group event when/if it happens. How cool would that be to see Yoda kickin butt on a 3 story high screen? I dont know that it will be as impressive as Cinerama, but I would enjoy it nonetheless. Any other takers?

Master Mishima
  2. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, yes. When it comes to the IMAX, I'll be ready to go with a group, preferably in costume.
  3. Handyman Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings Guys,

The clarity of the 70mm IMAX format will be VERY close to the quality of the digital projection at the Cinerama. Particually with the new IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) transfer process.

And having a 40-foot tall Yoda... Well, that is something to get excited about. :D

Later,
  4. MissAmidala2 Force Ghost

star 4
    I want to go, but I don't know if I'll time, knowing my parents they'll just say ok let's go see it on short notice and I'll have to cancel all plans.
  5. PunkJr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Even as we speak, the little gnomes that help plan events and make things happen are running around trying to make the IMAX opening a beautiful costumed spectacle.

:D

Stay tuned for more information.
  6. Tyria-Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know many people here but I'd still love to go. I'll be bringing my sister, X-AverySolo too. It'll be so cool!
  7. X-AverySolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    YAY I want to go opening day. That's when most of the really hard-core fans go so it's cool to talk with 'em. Hope to see y'all there! YAY!
  8. PunkJr Jedi Knight

star 1
    We're planning on being out there for the midnight showing on Thursday night (Halloween Night) and then all day Friday for Opening Day events!

So if you can't come for the Midnight show, come on Friday!
  9. Jedi_Kjersti_Renn Jedi Knight

I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I'm probably going to see the 9-something PM show on Friday for starters.
  10. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'll be there on Friday, 7:15 show! Can't wait.
  11. PunkJr Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is the "official" SSWS announcement!

Hey Gang,

As I'm sure you all already know Star Wars EPISODE II is opening up at the Seattle IMAX theatre at Pacific Science Center.

We want to have some fun with this so let's all get together on Friday and celebrate. Let's all get meet at the theatre at 6:00 am and make some early morning noise! Let's get everyone there (especially if you're an Alpha Base or Garrison Titan member or have a Star Wars costume) with signs in hand saying "Honk if you like Star Wars." Let's throw a rally outside of the theatre for everyone going to work and show
    them what Fandom is all about. Let's see if we can get everyone traveling along Denny Way to honk outside of the theatre while we're waiting for the film.

The theatre has offered the use of the facility and will be providing coffee and donuts and they will also have food for lunch. The line for EP II will start at our eastern-most ticket booth and will run east down the fence toward the Space Needle. Those with costume and signs who
    would like to rally and make some noise will gather there and move out front when everyone is there.

Contact PunkJr (Jason) at DarthDepot@SeattleStarWars.com if you can
    be there in or out of costume to rally outside of the theatre.

Let's see if we can make a day of it, have some fun and enjoy EPII on the huge IMAX screen.

Showtime's are as follows:

Friday, November 1
    12:01 am
    4:45 pm
    7:15 pm
    9:15 pm
    Midnight

If you are interested in going to the 12:01 am show Friday morning (or late Thursday night) there are plenty of tickets available for the that show. No, that show was no bought out by anyone :)

You can order tickets at the IMAX box office, over the phone at 1-800-325-SEAT, or online at http://www.pacsci.org/imax/#ep2.

Check out the SSWS site for directions to the theatre. Contact PunkJr (Jason) at DarthDepot@SeattleStarWars.com if you can be there in or out of costume to rally outside of the theatre.

See you all there and let's have some fun!
  12. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks to PunkJr going home twice duringt he day and sending photos to LucasFilm, WE ARE ON STARWARS.COM!!!!

Seattle on StarWars.com

Scroll down about 2/3 and you'll see us. I'm with Darkside is Vader on the left and Julie is Leia nad DarthNoll is the Trooper on the right!
  13. DarthNoll Jedi Master

star 3
    That is SO cool that we made it to StarWars.com!!

Thanks, Depot. You really aren't all THAT bad..... ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.