AOTC at the Budget Theater!

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by solo414, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    AOTC has reached the Budget theatre in Cedarburg!! :D HUZZAH! I'm going Tuesday night with my sis and Tom (right?). It's only $1.50 on Tuesday nights! If anybody else wants to come, please feel free! I can't resist going to see AOTC for $1.50 at night. The theatre is at 7222 W Good Hope Rd. It would be cool to have a group of us go!! :)
  2. marajoan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would have loved to but I can't. This is a very busy week and I already have to drive to Milwaukee once on Monday. Bummer man!!!!!!!!!1
  3. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's fabulous! We might be able to go! I'll keep you posted! God knows we need a good movie break right now...

:)
  5. Idaara Jedi Knight

star 3
    7222 W. Good Hope is in Milwaukee, not Cederburg. Are you sure you have the right place? I thought that theater closed down...
  6. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I believe you're right, Idaara. The only theatre in Cedarburg that I found playing AOTC is on Washington St. or Ave.(that's the main strip, right?). And I'm not even sure that Cedarburg theater is a budget one...

Sorry, I don't mean to second-guess you, Megan. But Bob and I want to go, and we would like to have all the info. :)

Anyway, the budget cinema in Greenfield is playing it (I think that's on Hwy. 100), and so is the budget cinema in Oak Creek on 27th St. (which is the one Bob and I go to all the time for cheap movie nights). So those are some other choices also... :)
  7. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the address from online, so Force only knows if it's right. It's the Budget Rivoli and the newspaper says it's in Cedarburg. I've never been there, so I really don't know where it is! The phone # is: 262-377-1010. Tom and I are going to the 9:50 show on Tuesday night. :)
  8. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    If some one can give me a ride after an actual date has been decided i'd love to be involved. yes i will be in full gear and with lil obi.... this is assuming i am able to go at all.... hmmmm
  9. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Budget Rivoli is the theatre in Cedarburg, and it is the one on Washington. The address is:

West 62 North 567 Washington Avenue

This is according to JSOnline, and it concurs with Moviefone.com. So it has to be right.

So, we are agreed on the 7pm showing at the Budget Rivoli in Cedarburg on Tuesday night? Or should we change this?

Red, let me talk to Bob to make certain we are going and I'll let you know later tonight if we can pick you up. :)

10. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Tom-- Would you mind going to the movie at 7? My sis doesn't want to be out so late. (She's a dork, I know.)
  11. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Such a young person... doesn't want to be out late!?!? ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] ?[face_plain] That's... not... possible!! That's like... bumblebee flight... blue Pepsi... Greedo shooting first! It's not supposed to happen, and yet it does!

/* suspension of disbelief overheats */

No, I wouldn't mind going to the 7:00 showing.

/* dies */
  12. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't understand either, Tom. Too bad I have to drive her or I might have stayed for both shows!
  13. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, so 7pm at the Budget Rivoli in Cedarburg tomorrow night? Bob and I will be there! :)

And Red, if you need a ride, just let us know. I keep my eye on the boards all through work, so just PM me your address and we'll stop and get you on our way. :)

14. jedisister Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll try to make it too, maybe I'll bring Oisin with me this time and get a sitter for Mika, yea, I think I will. Well, maybe not bring Oisin, school starts next week and we're still working on the earlier to bed routine, Well, I'll let ya know tomorrow if I'll be coming for sure.
  15. Jedi_Bane Jedi Master

star 1
    Hey cool... $1.50?? How can I pass it up!? Just a little confusion on the location, I've seen 2 addresses for the theater listed here... is everyone going to end up at the same place?? Directions would be very helpful...
  16. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    Reply to Tom from Megan's sister:

Auta minqula yrch. Dolle naa lost, lle n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina.

:p So there.

Laura
  17. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    WAIT WAIT WHAT"S HAPPENING?? WHEN IS THE SECOND SHOW?!?! i have school wedneday so i'm not sure if tptb will be so happy about me going to movies and yes on first day of school we get homework.. :p stupid people....
  18. Com_Link_Jammin Jedi Knight

Anyone game for a southside showing of AOTC tonight?. At Value Budget on 27th street in Oak Creek- 6:50 PM show. I work at 5AM so this works best for this southsider.
  19. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I'm such a stickler for finality, but below is what I last read is the final plans for tonight:

7pm at the Budget Rivoli in Cedarburg

Will we be making changes to this, or is this a done deal? Bob and I are flexible--we'll go to any budget theater, really.

And, Red, do you still need a ride? PM me if you do... :)
  20. Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 3
    beret thanks for the offer but mom just reminded me that both she and dad have meetings so i am needed to babysit brother.. blast... hope you all have fun!!
  21. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rats!

Well, I'm sure this won't be the only trip to see AOTC at the budget theaters. I'm sure it'll be playing for the next two or three weeks.

Maybe next time! And the ride offer still stands! :)
  22. solo414 Jedi Master

star 4
    7PM at the Cedarburg Ravoil is where Tom and I will be, Beret. I think Ben is coming too...
  23. bwing53 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't tell where you guys are going, but my experience with the budget on south hwy 100 is that it has the quality of a movie theatre that charges $2.00 per ticket--lots of trash & sticky floors, stiff seats, no ventilation, and really bad concessions. I saw Lord of the Rings there, and thought I wasn't going to make it through. I would highly recommend bringing your own snacks, and a fluffy jacket to use as a cushion. Of course, the fact that it's AOTC might make everything seem a little less painful. . .

Have fun, guys!
  24. BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    bwing53 is absolutely right. Add to that the particular crowds that Budget theaters tend to attract.
  25. LeiaYT1300 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Even so, in our financial straits, cheap movies are fine with me! $8 is too much for a film these days, and there's alot of crap out there to begin with (which is why we've decided that unless we really want to see it, we wait until it comes out on cable).

AOTC is, of course, the exception, because who knows when we will see it on the big screen again, and no DVD can ever come close to such an experience. So I'm willing to let a few irritations slide.

Besides, I have a serious yen for movie popcorn and synthetic butter right now! I haven't had it since the last time we saw AOTC! I need it! :D

(as I leave a puddle of drool, Homer style...) :p

See you at 7pm! :)

...a puddle of drool...

Yaack! That is gross! Uh, forget I said that... [face_blush]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.