main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC at the Prov Place IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, I live right at Kenmore Square, so when there is a game it's a mob. Sometimes I just walk instead of taking the train with the crowd.

2. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    It's been a few years now...but is that the D line? That's the one I was on the most IIRC. My ex went to Wheelock (what an f'd up school that is and that's not including some of the people that go (or went now) there heh) so that's the area I was in when I was there on the weekends.

3. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Kenmore Square is the stop where all the lines (B, C and D) split up. Everybody gets off there to go to Fenway Park. There is a Fenway stop (first one on the D), but it's farther away from the park -- more on the Fens. I love living at Kenmore, cuz I can take any Green Line train (except for E) to get home.

4. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Green line is definately a handy thing to have around. The people just make me nervous lol. I'm delicate as it is...if you can say that about a rotund'ish person hehe.
    There's definately not a lack of things to do in Boston. I'll give the place that much credit hehe.
    Have you gone to see Shear Madness at all? That was pretty good and funny.

And MWWAHAHAHAHAHA in typical Josh fashion I have entirely and complete changed the topic from what it originally started as. My evil plan has come to fruition yet again! *cackles with GLEE!* mmmwwwwhehehehehe

5. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    heh an dyou also changed tracks from the IMAX discussion :p

so are we settling on the 8th at 9:15 then? sara hasn't chimed in yet, just want to make sure that's ok with her too.

also, if we are to become official (and i'd love for us to)..do we have to submit this plan to someone to have them post it on the fanforce main page? or am i going completely insane? i seem to recall that you have to have 3 meetings with 3 people and have those meetings publicly announced on the main page.

*wanders off in a daze of confusion*
    *ends up on the green line wandering aimlessly*

6. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Sorry! sorry! You know I have a bad habit of not sticking to topics and spewing mass quanities of randomness :p
    Oh you don't want to end up on the green line w/o a clue...you might end up on like the orange line or something eek hehe. *points carrie in the right direction...thats right as in not left*
    Anyway any date is good for me and Jeff. Just let us know when and we're there hehe. Do multiple viewings count as extra meetings? hehe

7. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Carrie~Your absolutely correct,3 meeting w/ 3 people to become official. when you guys get the plans set.PM Strawbary with the info and she'll put it on the FanForce mainpage.

A message from your friendly neighborhood CR :D

8. Darth-42

Darth-42 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Hey...sorry about not replying...and now replying with a sock...but yes....

The eight at nine-fifteen is quite all right....I'll just have to ask for the day off and I'll be set.... :D

This is going to be great...

Also a question...what if we printed up fliers and such to post up around wherever we happen to be? It would be a good way to let interested people know that this is here...

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    thanks roy we'd be lost without you ;)

okay november 8 at 9:15 we will go see attack of the clones on the IMAX at the providence place mall. shall we meet up in the food court say 7:30-ish? this way we have time for a munchie and some chitchat. i'll PM strawbary and let her know?

oh yeah i agree on the flyers for future meets and/or just to get people to pop by and join the glory that is RI SW fans :)

10. Darth-42

Darth-42 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Sounds great :D

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yay! :)

btw i'm assuming the 42 bit is a reference to the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy? awesome books :)

12. Darth-42

Darth-42 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Ah, yes it is....some of my favorite books ever :D

13. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Yay, now you can come to Boston, right Carrie? :)

14. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah i guess i can! all depending on if i can catch the train on time of course. i'll keep you posted

15. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Hrm I think this is from that crappy BBC Hitchhikers guide movie. It's the 42 bit heh.
    http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/aoaug/42.wav
    Man I so need to read that series again lol. Monkeys writing shakespeare rock! Is that what they were doing? lol Man it's been so long i don't even remember...the improbability that I am wrong is 1,000,000 to 1...or something like that :p

16. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    thanks roy we'd be lost without you

Hey,just trying to help ;)

If you need any help on anything feel free to ask.

17. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Here is a PM I got from our RSA here in the SouthEast and since Sara and I are friends, I figured I'd post it here for you guys to think about.

=======
    edit:
    PM's are to be kept private unless otherwise stated by the sender.

18. Darth-42

Darth-42 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    Taking part in this would mean that we would have to be available for the opening show...

I have written an email to send, I am going to wait until I have more input about this before I send it though.

I would like to hear your thoughts regarding this, and whether or not you feel we should participate.

Sara

19. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Wow. Umm I'm not quite sure I feel qualified enough to be involved w/something that big LOL.
    So yah what do you others think?

20. Darth-42

Darth-42 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    It'll be great, since we have the chance, we shoulk take part, or at least try it out.

21. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    I totally agree. But I kinda consider myself a Star Wars n00bie as far as knowing stuff goes LOL. If it does happen I'd love to help out in anyway that I possibly can that's for sure.

22. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I wouldn't talk about RI having weirdos. Whenever I go to Boston, there's some guy with a sign that says "The End of the World is Upon Us".

Dark_Lord_Erik

I see you've met my Dad. :D

23. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I will be there for the first Providence Meet. I'm looking forward to it. Since it's on the 8th that means I can make the Boston Showing as well. Multiple showings of Episode 2, this is just like May all over again.

24. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    well i am going to post this in boston soon but i read this first
    i don't think i'll be able to catch a train in time to go to the nov 1st showing in boston. so if our meet is one the 8th that means i can also go on the 31st at midnight or whenever the costume thing is. can we get more details? when exactly will lucasfilm be in providence? (it's early, forgive me if i'm spouting nonsense) i'll go at midnight even if it means dragging the next day at work :D

PS if we need a website to be linked to i can whip one up right quick *shrugs* or anyone who wants to help make one? i'm kinda still panicking over my jedi costume as the days tick down

25. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Boston is already aware of the letter. It was sent to all the CR's already. That PM was not to be posted publicly. PM's are exactly that "a private message".

Sorry to be the bad guy on this....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.