main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC at the Prov Place IMAX

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Traffic involves slowly moving forward (or at least backwards) Providence around 5pm is not traffic. It's like you're on one of those lego boards and your just stuck to the ground by pegs or something LOL.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    especially when a stupid traffic cop tells you to get into a lane totally unrelated to your turn and screws you up :p

3. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    ARGH!!! In a smoking piece of CRAP minivan no less!
    What a doofass that guy was.

4. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Lol..yes exactly...great lego board comparison :D

Eddy street, that is just impossible, took me over an hour to get from Warwick to Hasbro Children's, something just not right there.

Hey if all of us keep calling, they've got to talk to one of us... 8-}

5. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    It's even better when someone gets into an accident. Took over 45 minutes to get from Central Falls to the RI Hospital office across the street from Hasbro Chldrens Hospital (I love that place btw heh stayed there for a couple weeks after surgery. they cart in SNES, thats what was big at the time, and a computer whenever you want them)the ride is usually like 10 minutes. Ended up getting to my appointment late. Waited like another hour just to be seen and told worthless information that almost ruined my entire weekend BLEH!

6. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    I understand completely....complete chaos when there is an accident.

You are right about Hasbro though, my brother was there last week (he's fine now) and everyone there was so nice, he had everything he could have wanted. :D

7. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Yah I wanna get a fake id that says I'm UNDER 18 just so I can stay at Hasbro if I ever need to go back in although I'm hoping there won't be a need for that heh...but still I need to get that id LOL

8. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ok i called the IMAX, they're aware we're going to be there. regarding the flyers, they want us to fax one over so they can proof it. i don't have a printer and dont want to risk printing it at work. can someone print it and fax it from kinko's maybe? i'll give you the $1 back. the flyer is here. i'll PM the fax number

edit: bleeping typos :p

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Wow guys ! so is Imax going to be your first meeting? :)

10. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    indeed it is :) one on 10/31 at midnight, and then the actual viewing on nov 8 at 9:15

i faxed over the flyer for IMAX approval. we'll see what they say! :)

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    awesome!

12. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    You should have gone in person, and used that old jedi mind trick.

//waives hand

Give me all of your money.

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hah yeah
    i'm just a lowly padawan still, it would have taken me 3 times and by then they'd have called mall security

lafours! oh no!

14. Tarr

Oct 14, 2002
    Hrm I dont see you waiving your hand doing that carrie...I see you doing some ridiculous dance step to DDR and saying give me all your money. HAAA HAAA!!!
    Or better yet that magic bit that Dane Cook does LMAO! I can so picture you doing that HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

15. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ok. the IMAX has approved our flyer :) and, they also said that plastic lightsabers, for those bringing them, should not be a problem. i also took november 1 off of work, and went ahead and bought a ticket for the midnight showing. may as well watch the show while i'm there right? anyone else joining me? :) er for the show. i know scott and sara will be there at least for the costumes.

16. JediSaralyn

Aug 6, 2002
    Yep, I'm gonna be there for the show.

I'm guessing I should probably buy my ticket soon huh?

I'm actually not going in costume...but it should be fun anyhow... :D

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I have my ticket for the show.

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah yeah yeah, ticket ticket ticket! :p lol i'm such a little kid
    yeah i got mie late last night and there was still seating. it's ok, i'm bracing myself to be one of the few in costume (judging my opening night at the showcase in may) :)

19. BH-1171

BH-1171 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Isn't anyone going to be there on November 2nd for the event with the 501st? We're going to have a group there from 12-5 promoting the film and doing charity work for the Jimmy Fund.

20. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yes i had planned to go on nov 2nd. but if my costume is supposed to be movie quality, i'm sure it won't be as good as yours :)

21. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I won't be there.

22. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm not sure if i'm going. We'll see how the money situation is.

23. BH-1171

BH-1171 Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Nothing was implied about the "movie quality" comment except for this... if you planned on joining the 501st in posing for charity photos, then your costume needs to be as accurate as possible. If you don't, then you don't have to worry about it! Its real easy...

24. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    it's accurate, i've been working on it for months. it's very good, but not an exact replica of any jedi robes in the movie per se but it's along the same lines. at any rate, i'm not interested in joining the 501st, i just want to go to the movie as a jedi. nuff said.

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Sorry Carrie, your life long dream of posing with the 501st may not come to pass. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.