main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW AOTC Australian Charity Premiere (15 May 6:30pm)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sai-Mera_Saa, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Just read in the paper that Hoyts at Fox Studios will be showing ATOC at 6:30pm on Wed May the 15. That's five and a half hours before anyone else gets to see it!

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (Mon 29). The number listed to call is 9555 1688.

I assume they will want to charge a bundle for each ticket to maximise the money raised. However, if anyone want's a ticket I suggest they call pretty early.

I'm going to try to find out how much tickets cost. If I have any luck I'll post some updated details here.

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Dammit Sai, you beat me to it! :p

3. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    :) lol
    I thought you might have known. I jumped on as soon as I found out.

Edit: Hoyts at Fox knows nothing. Trying Variety Charity.

4. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    The Daily Telegraph has 200 tickets to be won. It says "be the first to see..." so I assume that would be the charity screening. Details in tomorrow's Tele.

5. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Ok, thanks.

I can't get any more info on the charity screening. Variety's line is jammed and their website is down.

Unless there is another screening between the celeb premiere and us, all these tickets (though I have no idea what NOVA are giving away) are for the charity screening.

Edit: I was on the line for 50min but could not get through. It might be worth a call tomorrow morning.

6. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    *makes note to buy paper early*

7. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    Ok, I just bought a family pass, the lady wouldnt sell me 2 adult tickets, but she said it's ok if I didnt take kids, money goes to charity anyhow so that's my good deed for the year :D

8. kingjim

kingjim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    I managed to buy two adult tickets. I rang Monday morning. It cost twenty dollars a ticket! However that's a small price to pay to see AOTC 5 and a half hours before everyone else.
    Questions:
    1. Anyone else get tickets for the May 15th 6:30 session?
    2. When exactly does AOTC premiere in America? I've heard it might be the 12th.

9. kingjim

kingjim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    I managed to find out the answer to number 2 myself on the episodeII&III(non-spoiler) board. There are some charity screenings on the 12th May in the US but the official public release for the mass audience is still the 15th.

10. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    the public release in the us (and most of the rest of the world) is 12:01 am on the 16 (which is about 5pm on the 16th here). there are advance screenings in the us as early as this weekend for press, & vips with the bulk of the charity screenings (to which the public may attend, provided they pay extra) commence around the 12th.

there is a big difference in the price here - 70 bucks for 2 adults and 2 kids is a steal. i paid about $200 usd for one ticket to the san francisco charity event. if you adjust that by the tpm suckitude index compared to aotc, i'm guessing that puts the ticket price roughly $1138 australian dollars.
    i'm quite happy, though, seeing the premiere at fox studios with the ffnsw crowd instead of seeing it 5 1/2 hours earlier.

11. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Oblio - you rock. I love those little references like $1138 - that is waaaaaaaay cool.

You see it's the subtle things that make life interesting. I believe that if you can say something that is soooooo obscure that in a crowd of 100 people, one person rolls on the ground crying with laughter but no one else even realises that you said something different, that's awesome.

It's like in another post how you managed to put the number 42 in there. Most people (like Scream) just think it's a random number, but Adams fans laugh out loud.

Keep it up.

12. outback_dewback

outback_dewback Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    I also managed to secure 2 adult passes to the 6:30pm Charity Screening @ Fox (after initially being told I could only buy a family pass, but the girl called me back soon after to let me know I could buy just the adult passes).

I'm way excited about this ... now I get to see AOTC twice before my boyfriend in Texas even gets a chance of seeing it once.

God I love Australia! :D :D :D :D

13. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    off topic a bit but...

where in texas does he live?

i get to see it once before my sister in austin... so that keeps me pretty happy :)

14. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I'm just happy seeing it before my brother, even though he's got gold tickets to macquarie center for thursday night, damn him.

15. High_Marshal

High_Marshal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Just picked up 4 tickets (family) ... well I said there would be about 2 "kids" dressed in costume... just be "Big" Kids :)

They said should be ok - They even Actually seemed very happy that people would be comming dressed up!

Now have tickets for that and the 12.01 also. Looks like going to spend the day there... Though only disadvantage may loose my place in line for the 12.01, though at least see it first.

May have spare on day - see how it goes.

16. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Yes, I'm sure they want as many people (especially if they are in costume) in the cinema as possible. Kehleyr I suggest you find some short people, put a mask on them, and suggest they are 'kids'. I doubt they would mind too much. :)

17. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    hhehe, possible...

18. outback_dewback

Feb 16, 2002
    MaidenLumpe: He lives in the DFW area - Arlington to be precise. I was there last November/December and hope to be back there in August briefly. If not, I already have my tickets for December/January when I will spend Christmas & New Year with him. And yeah, we may even take a road trip down to Austin. Not sure yet.

Not only am I in love with a Texan but I am also in love with Texas itself. I wish I could move there, but there are so many reasons why he has to move out here, hopefully by July next year. :D

19. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    ahh... k.

i'm from texas, but i'm here studying for a semester. texas is nice, but nsw is pretty damn cool itself :)

so... just wondering. when you guys watching the charity premiere leave the line to go watch it before us, do we still have to save your spot? :p

20. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    thanks, keith. i can't help it - my stupid brain just works that way. (by the way, you forgot the odds of winning reference ;) )

and to those of you who are in love with texas - [little_kid_mode]why doncha marry it :p [/little_kid_mode]

for those of you who go to the premiere - i hope you have a digital camera so you can post the experience for the rest of us. there will be quite a few at the fox event so you can at least see some of the zuckuss (er... ruckuss) we are going to raise

21. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    I love Texas too!

22. outback_dewback

Feb 16, 2002
    I am marrying a Texan ... close enough :p

And besides, I could never love anywhere more than Australia ... which is why I had to talk him into moving out here ... :D

23. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    After I queue from 6am to get you guys into the front of the line you better well save me a spot! :)

24. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    congrats ;)

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I saw that bit in the Daily Telegraph on Monday. They had a blurb on Count Dooku that was somewhat spoilery (but I'd already copped that from info from a preview figure package), but it's probably nothing compared the stuff we're going to see in the movie. :D

BTW I think the NOVA premiere is at the other cinema at FOX, not the Hoyts event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.