main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**AOTC Awards - The Ballots are Counted- See Who You Voted For!**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi_Lite, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODAS_HALF_BROTHER

YODAS_HALF_BROTHER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2002
    Good work Jedi Lite, keep the winners coming. I can't belive you've counted them all!!!:D

2. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Yoda's HB - I had help from Gay-LenKenobi. SHE saved my neck! Also thanks to Mace Windy for the thread name change and to Grilled-Sarlaac for having an awesome picture site to draw from!

3. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    hee hee yoda rocks!

4. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    BEST ACTOR

AOTC has taken more than its share of beatings from critics and fans alike on the subject of acting. Personally, I don't think brilliant acting is critical to the success of the series. Nonetheless, let's take time out to see what actor the voters found impressive... er, most impressive.

Runner-Up:

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
    (55 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/anakin/curveani.jpg]

For a guy who caught a lot of flak for his acting in the film, he must have done something right to lure 55 voters into believing he was best. Comments like "Hands down" and "No contest" often accompanied votes for H.C. It must have been that HATE we felt flowing through him!

"The best performance in the entire series, IMHO." --Jedi15
    "Hayden - the more I see AOTC, the more subtleties and depth I notice."
    --Insidious_Clone

---

Winner:

EWAN McGREGOR
    (125 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/kenobi/g-56.jpg]

Putting the young padawan is his place, is a Star Wars veteran whose turn as a Jedi Sherlock Holmes earned him mega-kudos!

"That Train Spotting guy."
    --monkeynugget
    "McGregor threw himself into the part with zest and hit an absolute home run. I'm not sure how anyone else could have done a better job both making the role his own *and* channeling Alec Guinness so expertly." --Green_Lightsaber

Honorable Mentions:
    Christopher Lee (26 Votes)
    Ian McDiarmid (7 Votes)

Up Next... Best Actress!

5. smauldookie

smauldookie Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    no no hayden should have won for best actor.

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Psst... Gay-LenKenobi is a girl. :D

EDIT: Okay, fixed one, but still gotta take care of the top post on this page.

EDIT 2: Alas, 30-minute limit? I guess we need a mod. (MODerator, not gender MODification.)

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. YODAS_HALF_BROTHER

YODAS_HALF_BROTHER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2002
    Well then I redirect my kudos to all those involved. This is great! :D

8. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Adam - then you'd figure she would have said something by now! Oops... *embarrassed, but the show must go on* :)

EDIT - I can't edit the top one - a mod will have to. My half hour is up! :(

9. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Okay, I'll handle it, I'll run some damage control here...

Gay-Len Kenobi is female! Gay-Len Kenobi is female! Gay-Len Kenobi is female!

I dunno, Gay-Len... I think it's time to change that icon to something a little more feminine.

[face_love]

:D

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I didn't pipe up since it isn't a big deal. No need to point it out and make you feel silly. (Way to go, Adam 8-} )

Eh, if I change it to a Padme or Leia icon, people still think I'm a guy. Female fans just can't win.

And THANK YOU! for the great Obi pic. :D

11. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    BEST ACTRESS

Huh? What the heck is this category doing here? Yes, more than half of you pondered this very question while voting. However, one can't have a Best Actor award without representin' for the ladies. And by the way, NATALIE PORTMAN WAS NOT THE ONLY WOMAN IN THIS FILM! :)

Runner-Up:

ROSE BYRNE
    (22 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/dorme/dorme.jpg]

She's lasted surprisingly long for a decoy/handmaiden. Um... running out of things to say here. Guess I'll leave you with this remark from a voter:

"She showed more emotion in the departure scene than Portman did in the whole film." --Bithysith

---

Winner:

NATALIE PORTMAN
    (164 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/padme/abs.jpg]

No vote total got higher than this one for Portman's acting achievements (and nice abs). In an outstanding show of support from her fans, Natalie snatched the award from a gal who'd gladly take a bullet for her.

"As they say, acting is reacting. Watch her performance again. It's all in her eyes." --Otis_Frampton

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Rena Owen (10 Votes)
    Leanna Walsman (10 Votes)
    Pernilla August (6 Votes)

Up Next... Best Vehicle!

12. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Gay-LenKenobi -- I've made mistakes with people's gender here before, so maybe I'm just sensitive about it. (In fact, JediFarfy's signature line "JediFarfy is a girl!" was put there 'cause of a comment I made. Ooooops.)

But don't worry, I'll always remember YOUR gender, and try to keep the real you separate from a bearded Jedi in front of a green screen who (judging from the user name) may or may not enjoy romantic encounters with other males. :D ;)

This has inspired me to make an "I'm female" icon for my next Custom Icons Submission Thread update.

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    BEST VEHICLE/TRANSPORT

Here we go with an award that most people don't give a lick about. But guess what? I do!! So you will read this post and like it! Think of it as my version of Car and Driver's Luxury Sedan of the Year Award.

Runner-Up:

JEDI STARFIGHTER
    (48 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/hyper.jpg]

Well, kids -- this was your favorite NEW vehicle. Don't enter an asteroid field without it.

"That thing was awesome."
    --Evenflowsith
    "I dug R-4, and the ship moved well and looked great in the rain and on Geonosis." --Green_Lightsaber

---

Winner:

SLAVE 1
    (56 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/kamino_18.jpg]

An oldy but a goody, the Slave 1 takes the prize in a close one. Probably picked because
    of the sweet seismic charges Jango had loaded up... or maybe just fond childhood memories.

"No one said anything cool about the Slave 1. OR... they did and I was too lazy to
    find it.
    --Me

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Republic Gunship (44 Votes)
    Naboo Royal Cruiser (21 Votes)
    Dooku's Solar Sailor (16 Votes)
    Yoda's Hoverchair (6 Votes)

Up Next... Worst Actor!

14. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    Awww, what a rip. The Jedi Starfighter rocked!

Let me know when you get that done and uploaded, Adam. I just might consider using it (for a little while) ;)

15. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    HOW did the Republic Gunship not win? Frickin' Fett freaks must have converged on the thread.

Gay-Len, it'll be put on my site tomorrow. But I don't think it'll get uploaded. I have yet to see an icon of mine hit the big time. :(

Of course, if you REALLY want everyone to remember that you're female, you need a custom icon done of your own face... which I'm not above doing, as you can tell from this icon I made for myself when I was really @#?!ing bored. :D Interested? :) (In one of you, not of me. Use of an icon of me in any context will only confuse the issue.)

EDIT: You may have to copy and paste the link:
    http://members.tripod.com/~Adam_P_B/jcicons/adambertocciicon.gif

Rick McCallum loves you!... but I don't need to tell you that, do I?

16. ImperialDeity

ImperialDeity Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Tell us....
    TELL US NOW!!!!!

j/k You're doing a great job Jedi_Lite. [face_love]

Hey it's tomarrow, I mean, today, oh well. You all know what I mean.

Gotta' go get my popcorn, this threads better the TPM!!!! [face_devil]

EDIT: I couldn't help using that as an opening line.

17. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    WORST ACTOR

Runner-Up:

DANIEL LOGAN
    (26 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/bobafett/pissed-boba.jpg]

"Fiyah!!" Well, you did just that. You, the voting public, fired 26 votes Daniel Logan's way en route to making him the runner-up for Worst Actor. I hope you are proud of yourselves, picking on such a young boy.

"He wasn't really that bad, but that little laugh of his sounded more fake than evil" --obi-wan-girl
    "Urgggh. I'm looking forward to the trip down the sarlacc throat." --monkeynugget

---

Winner:

JAY LAGA'AIA
    (33 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/typho/typhonew.jpg]

No matter who you are, you cringed at at least one moment in AOTC. Lucky for me, I got my cringing out the way early. Typho had no more than 7 lines... and he blew all of them.

"We made it." (Gee, ya think?)
    "I guess I was wrong, there was no danger at all."
    *EXPLOSION NOISE*

-Why did he have to live through that?-

DISHONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Ahmed Best {or, as duanage noted "Ahmed Worst"} (19 Votes)
    Hayden Christensen (14 Votes)
    Samuel L. Jackson {ferelwookie says: "looked very bored"} (14 Votes)
    Oliver Ford Davies (10 Votes)
    Jack Thompson (7 Votes)

Up Next... Worst CGI!

18. ImperialDeity

ImperialDeity Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Hey, mabey getting mad and using the darkside realy does work! I think I'll be a bad guy now, oh wait, I already am. [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

19. Gay-LenKenobi

Sep 20, 2000
    HA! Atleast we can now use the argument that SW fans just dislike kid actors. Jake woulda kicked this kids backside.

I still think Hayden was worst....

Um, well, the one pic I had uploaded seems to be down, so unless some crazy-stalker guy saved a copy, its gone forever (where's Cigam when I need him).

And J_L, if you decide you want to do any other threads like this again, let me know if you want some help. It was a blast! :D

20. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Deity - Just eat your popcorn! ;)

G-LK - There are a few categories that we didn't get to this time (Best Movie Moment, Best Music, Best Set, Best Costume) ... maybe we can get to those sometime soon?

21. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    (1) Your pic isn't down. ?[face_plain]

(2) I'm sure enough JCers have it in their caches to dig it up if it WAS down.

(3) I just saved it now, crazy-stalker guy style, so it will never be gone. [face_devil]

EDIT: // forwards pic to every Web site he can think of, grins wickedly [face_devil]
    // sets pic as his desktop wallpaper...
    // ... and his roommate's
    ;)

Rick McCallum loves you!

22. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    WORST CGI

With technology, there comes a price. What price, you ask? Namely overkill. Luckily, AOTC CGI shined most of the time. Nonetheless, the award for Worst CGI (NOTE: Nothing in "Spiderman" was eligible for the award).

Runner-Up:

THE "PEAR"
    (16 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/39.jpg]

Okay, so it isn't called a pear in TGFFA (it's a shuura), but you get my drift. This special effect, which could have easily been done with a REAL PEAR, left the viewer wondering how Natalie could possibly be eating air. I suppose she's just watching her figure. (Couldn't find the freakin' pear picture.)

"It was stupid, but not 16 votes stupid." --Jedi_Lite & Friends

---

Winner:

ANAKIN RIDES A SHAAK
    (103 Votes)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/viagara.jpg]

This, I felt, was totally unnecessary. And apparently, so did 102 of YOU. (A guy can't find a pic of Anakin riding the shaak to save his life.)

"Anakin riding the Shaq." --princethomas
    "I hate Anakins hands when he's riding the Shaak." --SY-SNOOTLES
    "They really could come up with something less stupid..." --Mar17swgirl
    "They need to work on how a human body moves when it comes to cgi." --jeffsole3273

Up Next... Best Character (YEAH!!)

23. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    I think a lot of guys in the audience were watching Natalie's figure too. :p

Rick McCallum loves you!

24. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    POST TO GET TO NEXT PAGE TO LESSEN LOADING TIMES FOR SLOW-POKES.

Whew! :)

25. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Get to next page damnit.

Edit: WOOHOO! We're on the next page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.