main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**AOTC Awards - The Ballots are Counted- See Who You Voted For!**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi_Lite, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey Gay-Len i also have school to attend to while the sun shines, it's just exam period which means i only have to go to school on days with exams.

So I decided to spend a little time on JC.

2. ImpressiveClone

ImpressiveClone Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Thats cool. I'm actually working 40hrs a week at the moment, but I just sneak off for some computer time myself.

Darnnet they keep messing with my picture. When I get it working, everybody has to "Oooooo!" and "Ahhhhhh!" so I feel my effort is appreciated. :)

3. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
  4. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Ahhhhhh!!! (Oh, wait, it's not working.)

READ:

This message is for you. Yes, YOU. The person reading this who has an abundance of time on their hands and/or wants to occupy their time counting votes for the Worst Scene. If this is you, you need not reply. Just count them and PM them to me. I will check my message when I return from work again, later tonight. Save me, JC members, you are my only hope.

(Actually, there is another... and that is, that I won't be able to finish the awards tonight either and I will have to finish up on Thursday. :))

JL

5. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    I was buying into this whole thing until "Worst Line."

If that is the worst line then this movie has the greatest dialogue ever. :)

RB

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Jedi_Lite -- I'll do it.

Rick McCallum loves you!

7. DarthRaptor

DarthRaptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Well, so far, almost everything I voted for won or got runner up. Except for worst character. Man, Jar Jar is all but deleted from the movie, and he's still voted worst character. Some Gungans just can't get a break...

This was a great idea, Jedi Lite! Can't wait for the rest of the awards!

DR

8. ImpressiveClone

ImpressiveClone Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    I just sent him the totals, Adam.

9. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    I'm gonna go one better.
    :D

10. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    ImpressiveClone -

Oops.
    [face_blush]
    Well, now there's a second count to back yours up.

Tell your master Sifo-Dyas, ahem, Gay-LenKenobi, that I said hi and now I appreciate how much work it must have been for her to count all this stuff up. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. arabiansanchez

Nov 17, 2001
    TRIPLE CHECK!

Just submitted my count.

12. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    In an astounding show of support, I found myself THREE interns to the counting for me for Worst Scene!!

Thanks a bunch to arabian sanchez, Adam Bertocci and of course, ImpressiveClone/Gay-LenKenobi! The numbers were all very similar -- just to let you know, I'm combining the Sound of Music, Anakin on the Shaak and picnic into the same scene.

For the final totals, I'll just go with the average of the 3 counts I got.

EXTRA THANKS to Adam for digging up those user comments!!

JL

Up Next... Worst Scene!

13. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    WORST SCENE

Worst Scene. I don't like the idea of this award any more than you do, but if we're going to have a best scene, it follows that we must elect a worst. Be strong, we'll make it through this.

Runner-Up:

THE NABOO PICNIC, FROLIC AND SHAAK RIDE
    (34 VOTES)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/0052.jpg]

This scene started with much promise and ended rather awkwardly. Personally, I liked it until the shaak ride, followed by the shaak fall and subsequent tumble in the grass that ended with an awkward pause. The editors should have faded to the next scene just a bit sooner.

"I absolutely hate seeing that part of the movie." --shinerfan
    "People don't romp in fields." --Green_Lightsaber

---

Winner:

THE FIRESIDE CHAT
    (56 VOTES)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/making11-26.jpg]

Here's the scene where Anakin bares his soul and Natalie bares... well, nothing. Not even what all you men out there were hoping for. This scene brings us such gems as "I can't breathe", "Follow your thoughts through to conclusion", "I could not live like that, could you live like that?" as well as talk of kisses and scars and person A being tormented by person B. Okay, I admit it. I like this scene. And so do all of you! But you had to pick SOMETHING, right?

"Bleh!" --ObiWanJane
    "** shudders **" --DimensionX
    "Yeah, that was the worst." --monkeynugget

DISHONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Anakin's Nightmare (18 Votes)
    Geonosian Factory (14 Votes)
    Opening Sequence/Death of Corde (11 Votes)
    Shmi Bites It (9 Votes)

Next Up... the Award for Worst Actress and a live performance by the Max Rebo Band!

14. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    I also liked the picnic except for Anakin riding the Shaak which was a surprisingly bad effect. I hope this scene does not cost AOTC a possible Oscar for Best Special Effects.

15. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i deleted my votes ;)

16. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    Worst Line/Quote: 'well i hope it doesn't take too long, i have work to do'--TRD

Treacherous TRD, that line was hilarious.

17. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    tDR... you DO realize that voting ended days ago, right? :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

18. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    WOOPS! nope i didnt realise..
    coz i must have pressed reply on the earlier pages. :p .... but Rick McCallum loves me right???

19. Rose-

Rose- Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    I finally got to see some of the winners, and ahhggg, one of my quotes was in one of them..my silliest one, I should have known better than to share "the camel" story
    but truly, I didn't really hate any lines, it was just the sand that reminded me of that stupid thing!!!!

runs and hides, embarassed....

20. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Rick McCallum loves ALL OF US!

21. Ssorrol

Ssorrol Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2002
    Um, I've been noticing that many of the actors and actresses being voted for worst performance are common. ie. Jocasta Nu, Mace Windu, Boba Fett, and Zam Wessel. Guess what people, all those actors just named were INSTRUCTED to act that way. For instance, the actress who was Zam Wessel had to act inhuman and couldn't have a feminine voice becuase it was an ALIEN! Jocasta Nu had to have a rather stern, strict, confident way of thinking becuase she probably deals with hundreds of Jedi daily in the library. Boba Fett had to have a rather serious, suspecting attitude to match his later character and had to be very obedient to his father. Then in the ship he had to have that ruthless attitude but had to reinforce the fact that he was still a kid. Mace Windu is probably one of the most respected Jedi of his time second to yoda. In turn, Jackson had convey the idea that he took his affiliation very seriously and that he didnt have much of a life away from his Jedi duty. People would probably find your character very flat and uninteresting if for years of your life you had to remain in a position of high stature while staying true to a specific code of conduct. Anyway, my point is that people arent thinking in terms of how that actor or actress conveys the qualities of the character they portray and the circumstances they are in.

22. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    (1) Yes, Rick McCallum does indeed love us all.

(2) So, Ssorrol, who'd YOU vote for for worst actor/actress and why?

Rick McCallum loves you!

23. Eriwo_Jolon

Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Kit Fisto was robbed!!! I demand a recount!!!! This is Florida all over again!!

So it was me and one other person who voted for him as best Character, eh? Well, all I have to say is poodu.

Thanks for putting this show on Jedi_Lite!!!

You've put The Oscars to shame! :D

24. Ssorrol

Ssorrol Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2002
    well i didnt vote worst actor or actress because:
    1) there are so few actresses
    2) natalie doesnt deserve the title of "worst" even though some parts were a little iffy
    3) the only other actresses have parts so small you cant rightfully judge them
    4) none of the actual alive, red blooded actors did bad at all, they portrayed their parts either the way they were INSTRUCTED to or, again, had smaller parts
    5) the only things that bugged me were certain CGI characters like San Hill and the Banking Droid

25. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    WORST ACTRESS

Worst Actress. The actress who was the worst... at acting. 'Nuff said.

Runner-Up:

VERONICA SEGURA
    (41 VOTES)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/corde/cord.jpg]

Life as a decoy ain't always peachy. Sure, you get to wear some cool clothes, but at the end of the day, they aren't really yours and you have to give them back. Perhaps worse than that, is the fact that you usually die. Veronica Segura's "Pleghmy" Award-winning turn as decoy/handmaiden Corde has her coughing up the following in laughable fashion: "I failed you." Failed? If anything, she failed in the acting department. The only part I bought was that she was "dying" to get off the set. Can anyone think of a more timely death in the Star Wars saga?

"She sucks at dying." --Me!

---

Winner:

NATALIE PORTMAN
    (48 VOTES)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/c/padme/nat1.jpg]

Uh oh. Someone's caught in a catch-22, garnering the Best and now the Worst Actress Award. But don't be too hard on her, she sent a decoy to all of her acting classes, script readings, and rehearsals. Let's give her one more film before we judge her acting ability.

"I don't think that Natalie felt really challenged by the script, and in turn, she is pretty much just going through the motions for most the film." --E CHU TA!
    "Man, if she was any more wooden she could have married Pinnochio!"
    --SY-SNOOTLES
    "I'm not a basher... it just seemed like she felt the film was beneath her." --Bityhsith

DISHONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Ayesha Dharker as Queen Jamilla (15 Votes)
    Leeanna Walsman as Zam Wessel (14 Votes)
    Alethea McGrath as Jocasta Nu (12 Votes)
    Pernilla August as Shmi (12 Votes)
    Rose Byrne as Dorme (5 Votes)
    Bonnie Piesse as Beru Whitesun (5 Votes)

I lied about the Max Rebo Band! Next up... Worst Vehicle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.