main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**AOTC Awards - The Ballots are Counted- See Who You Voted For!**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi_Lite, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssorrol

Ssorrol Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 2, 2002
    ok why the heck is Portman being voted worst actress? ok ill admit, she was wooden 25% of the time but please, cut her some slack, she's HOT!

2. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Lots of people voted her best and worst on the same ballot because they felt she was hot and cold.

3. DarthRaptor

DarthRaptor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Like Jedi Lite's post mentioned, she was also voted best actress, which I voted her for. Honestly, I think she won both because she's the only prominent female in the movie. There's advantages and drawbacks to that...

DR

4. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    WORST VEHICLE/TRANSPORT

The winner (or, more appropriately, "loser") of this category will probably stir very little emotion, but it's a good category to have -- since Star Wars is largely based on being 'technically' cool. And you have to admit it, that's a huge part of the draw for a lot of fans. But everyone makes mistakes. Here's a look at the vehicle that should have gone back to the drawing board...

Runner-Up:

CORUSCANT FREIGHTER
    (14 VOTES)

[image=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/ships/pics/freighter.jpg]

Imagine a flying subway and that's what you get with the Coruscant Freighter. Probably despised because it looks too bulky... and non-StarWarsy. Okay, I just made up that term. It's a sorry state of affairs when you have to make up a term to describe how bad something is. It was a close call though. Many vehicles came close to taking this honor (SEE LIST BELOW).

---

Winner:

COUNT DOOKU'S GEONOSIAN SPEEDER
    (45 VOTES)

[image=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/ships/pics/geonosian-speeder.jpg]

Often called a "Hogg" or "moped" or "stupid-looking" when referred to by voters, it is clear to me that between this and the Solar Sailor (which earned 13 votes), Count Dooku has poor travel taste. He probably even flies Southwest Airlines.

"I don't think it was a properly dignified mode of transportation for him." --Green_Lightsaber
    "Just didn't look right somehow." --Palpatine's Aide

DISHONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Solar Sailor (13 Votes)
    Naboo Yacht Ship (12 Votes)
    Trade Federation Ships {round} (11 Votes)
    Rickshaw and Droid Taxi (10 Votes)
    Geonosian Fighters (8 Votes)
    Jedi Starfighter (8 Votes)
    Naboo Royal Cruiser (7 Votes)

Hey, kids! My brother's band is playing a show tonight that I forgot about! I will have to finish this later. Yes, you may all throw stones. Look at it this way, at least the fun isn't ending yet! ;) Ciao!

5. Shadow2488

Shadow2488 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2001
    *Throws his chair at the stage* :)

6. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Jedi_Lite: You are very funny. I especially like your bit about the disadvantages of being a decoy. If I were a mindless cyber-drone, I would type "ROTFL", but that would merely diminish the acute sense of humor that I felt upon reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

7. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    And now, the live performance you were promised --

THE MAX REBO BAND!

[image=http://www.e-starwars.com/rebo-band.gif]

And joining them, for one night only, is Rick McCallum!

[image=http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~paradox/art/mccallum1.jpg]

(Rick begins to sing:)
    "And I... will always love youuuuuuuu..."

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. Shadow2488

Shadow2488 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2001
    :eek: Now that's just scary...

9. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Answer to the question on page 16 by Buc_Man on who else voted for Aayla. I am proud to anounce I voted for her for best character.

10. duanage

duanage Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2002
    *has a psychotic episode over AdamBertocci's disturbing Max Rebo/Rick McCallum post*

Please, I implore you! Follow your thoughts through to their conclusion! GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOooooooo.....

11. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    *has a psychotic episode over the mention of "follow your thoughts through to conclusion*

That is my least favorite line in Star Wars history. Did you look up my vote JUST to spite me? :_|

Rick McCallum loves you!

12. duanage

duanage Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2002
    Yes indeed... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm in charge of psychotic episodes now, m'lady!

13. BlueMules

BlueMules Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Good JOB! Thanks for all your effort =)

I liked the little comments you made after each award....

14. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Adam - that was great! Thanks for getting the Max Rebo Band to play in this thread. I was going to book them but I ran over-budget with the awards presentation (those royalties to Grilled-Sarlacc for the photo archive). I can't believe you even got Kenner to sponsor the whole thing!

Grilled-Sarlacc's Spice Mine - AOTC Pics Galore!

Oh, and Rose-, don't be embarrassed! At least you didn't mistake a girl for a guy for 2 or 3 days!

15. Silverhill

Silverhill Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Excellent show! :) This is such a fun thread.

I can't wait to see the next awards.

Is there really going to be a similar awards event for the other movies? That would be very cool.

16. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Silverhill - I sure hope so! I need to set up an awards committee before I start it though. It would also be cool to have another in the AOTC thread -- for those "forgotten" categories.

I just thought of 2 more Categories!
    -Character You Wish Wouldn't Have Died
    -Character You Wish Had Died

:D

EDIT:
    The following categories still remain:
    -Best Sound
    -Worst Sound
    -Best Line
    -Best Scene

17. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001

Hey jedi_Lite this is great i cant wait to see if you do one on all the films, it would be cool if you could think up one one to do with EpiIII maybe like "the best transport/veichle you would like to see" or something...

but anyway on behalf of me and all my friends grwat work and entertainment!!!!!!

18. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. The only thing that could make this more fun for me would be if Peter Mayhew came back to the forums and voted in this thread.*

*Yes, I just now figured out that he has posted here before.

19. JediTidus

JediTidus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    I should have voted, but it's too late now...great awards show though.

20. Darth_Ekul

Darth_Ekul Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Best Actor: Ewan McGregor, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Best Actress: Natalie Portman, Padme Amidala
    Worst Actor: Jack Thompson I (Cliegg Lars)
    Worst Actress: Veronica Segura (Corde)
    Best Character: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Worst Character: Jar Jar Binks
    Best Vehicle/Transport: Slave1
    Worst Vehicle/Transport: Obi-Wan's Starfighter
    Best CGI: Yoda
    Worst CGI: None
    Best Sound: Slave-I Seismic Charge Blast
    Worst Sound: Jar Jar Binks speaking
    Best Line/Quote: "I promise you...I will even learn to stop people from dying." -Anakin
    Worst Line/Quote: "Somehow i sense you will be the death of me." -Obi-Wan
    Best Scene: The Geonosis Execution Arena
    Worst Scene: Anakin's Nightmare

21. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    The voting is over already... ;)

22. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    Why in the world would u put this as the worst line?!?!?!?!?!?!? "Somehow i sense you will be the death of me." -Obi-Wan And that's not even what he says...He says "Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me." :mad:

23. Eriwo_Jolon

Eriwo_Jolon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2002
    Have we had all the categories yet?

I hope not, I want this to be the longest awards ceremony ever!

24. Jedi_Lite

Jun 2, 2002
    BEST LINE

A great line of dialogue. The knuckle-headed critics might argue that there is none to be found in AOTC, but that's why they're critics and we're fans. And that's why we see that there were oodles of great lines in the latest installment of SW -- and that's why I've asked you all to vote on your favorite. And that's what this is... down below.

Runner-Up:

"WHY DO I GET THE FEELING YOU'LL BE THE DEATH OF ME?" --Obi-Wan
    (17 VOTES)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/scolding.jpg]

Most people love that this line is included -- most people that actually processed it, that is. I find it odd (but cool) that one of the most ironic lines in the SW saga is a joke! And what's more -- the joke is really funny... but it shouldn't be! Maybe that's why none of the crowds I've seen AOTC with in the theater are responsive to it. Oh, wait... they're just clueless.

"Really was worried this line would sound phoney, but it worked well." --NORTHSTAR
    "In all 3 of my viewings, not once have I heard a reaction to that one, and for some reason I think that's part of the greatness behind the quote. Most people aren't consciously putting together the connection yet." --Shinerfan

---

Winner:

"I... I KILLED THEM. I KILLED THEM ALL. THEY'RE DEAD, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. AND NOT JUST THE MEN, BUT THE WOMEN, TOO. THEY'RE ANIMALS, AND I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS. I HATE THEM!"
    (47 VOTES)

[image=http://64.227.26.45/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/g-400.jpg]

Wow. Suddenly our young padawan is knowing all of the things that a Jedi must never know. The love stuff may not have done much harm on its own, but the hate expressed in this speech is the beginning of the end of the Anakin Skywalker we once knew. A powerful speech, very well executed, and now immortalized by the fans who voted.

"Floored me. Especially with the Imperial March playing in the background." --skillmatic
    "Just great, and maybe one of the best pieces of dialogue in the saga." --Green_Lightsaber's pal

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
    Yoda: Lost a planet Master Obi-wan has. How embarrassing. How embarrassing! (12 Votes)
    Obi-Wan: Good job. (11 Votes)
    Obi-Wan: Oh, not good. (10 Votes)
    Mace: This party's over. (9 Votes)
    Obi-Wan: That's why I'm here. (7 Votes)

Later tonight... Best Sound!

25. Silverhill

Silverhill Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    I must say (even though I'm not the first to do so), I love the way you're presenting the awards -- with commentary, photos, quotes and runners up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.