main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA AOTC Beats Spiderman's Box Office Records!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This was no surprize to me though. Star Wars had made $116-Million by early today. It had a $86-Million opening weekend plus the $30-Million Thursday! That is $2million more than Spiderman made, and Spiderman opened on more screens. The closing box office total may even be more! YAY! This "kinda" makes up for Titanic.. don't you think? (Although I loved Spiderman, and Toby is a cutie) ;)

(FROM REUTERS)Ticket sales for the new "Star Wars" movie were out of this world, racking up $183 million at box offices worldwide in the first four days of release. According to studio estimates issued on Sunday, "Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones," grossed an estimated $116.3 million across the United States and Canada.
    The foreign total for the Twentieth Century Fox release stands at $66.7 million from 74 other countries, said Bruce Snyder, president of distribution at the Fox Entertainment Group Inc. -owned studio.

After opening on Thursday with $30.1 million from 3,161 theaters across North America, the fifth movie in filmmaker George Lucas' long-running sci-fi adventure franchise added $86.2 million for the Friday-to-Sunday period.

2. William_the_bloody

William_the_bloody Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Wow! Is that a domestic total or worldwide? I'm always confused about that sort of thing. Like, was Spider-Man's phenominal opening weekend of 115 million just domestic numbers, or did that count the international releases as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.