main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX AOTC Buddy Program

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Queenie Amidala, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Okay, this may seem odd. Hear me out. :)

AOTC is my new favorite movie. I loved it, and I'm obsessed. I can't get enough. My problem is that I am running out of available friends to drag to the theater with me.

So, I decided to start this thread for those of us who want to view the movie (but don't have anyone to view it with) to be able to post and possibly find someone to go with.

Now, I will go to the theater by myself if I have to, but that is not my first choice. ;)

My intention for this thread is to, throughout the summer and/or AOTC's run in theaters, allow everyone to post a proposed time, date, place, etc. to see the film.

So, anyone want to catch a showing sometime today/tonight? :D

2. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    tonight i can't :(

but i will definitley be using this buddy program in the future! i've only seen it once so far and already my family/friends have had enough.

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I am a supporter of the AOTC buddy program, and all other such Star Wars and LOTR buddy programs. However, I will be supporting buddies in Dallas this weekeng with their AOTC fix.

4. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I've got one more person to go with, then I'm SOL as far as finding people to go with.

Hmm....I'm going at least once more this weekend, more If I can get someone else to go!

5. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I have seen AOTC 5 times so far, and only 2 were with other people. It would be nice to set up a thread to go see the movie. This is a great idea. I am intentionally taking today off so I can completely digest the movie, but I think I may be be going tomorrow to Gulf Point 30 around 11 or 11:30 am if anyone is interested. This movie rocks!!!!

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, I'm glad y'all like the idea behind this thread.

That's awesome, Charles. I wish I could have seen it 5 times. [face_plain] I was supposed to have seen it 4 times by yesterday, but everyone backed out of my 11:45 showing (even though we had tickets), and I only got to see it 3 times.

Dorky...I'll go! :D

Seriously, y'all. If I'm not busy (which I hardly ever am), I will always be up for going to see Star Wars. All summer!

7. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I had tix to the 11:45 show, but when we got there we swapped them for 10am tix. I wonder what those ladies selling tickets were smoking before they got to work. I asked for the 1st show on the 16th and got 11:45. They were also the ones that said there was not a midnight show. I'm glad they got it straight when your mom got to the box office(she was right behind me) as far as the midnight shows.

BTW, how do will people contact each other to get together and see it again? Especially if it is an on the fly decision.

8. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    hey davidddddd can't wait till tomorrow!!! and i can't wait to see aotc AGAIN!!! 'course it'll be fun seeing it with ya too.

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yes, I too thought it was odd that 11:45 would be the earliest showing in the day. But, that's what they told her, and that's what she bought. Ah well, didn't go anyway. :)

Well, when would you be interested in going? I realized that I can't go tomorrow unless it is late. I have my nephew's b-day party to go to. I can go today & Sunday.

As for contact, you can send me a PM or an email (fastest) as I check more than once a day. If we were to decide to go, I could give you my cell number.

10. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    I just go by myself if I can't find anyone to go with. ;)

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Great idea, Queenie Amidala.

I am always willing to see this film again. I cannot get enough of it. I am supposed to go with my father today, but I am about ready to give up on him and go by myself.
    The only restriction on time that I have is 8-5 on weekdays; have to work so that I can get money to spend on Star Wars.

To contact me, send PM. The email account listed in my profile has been closed.

12. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I can go tommorow night and anytime Sunday. I may be able to go tonight, I have a friends(really a friend of a friend) B-Day to go to at City Streets, but If the weather doesn't clear up I probably won't go(don't want to deal with rain/traffic in the Galleria area).

13. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yep, tomorrow night & Sunday are good for me, also. :)

Well, I'm heading out in this hurricane to go and pick up the novel at Target. Then, I'm going to head over to Gulf Pointe and try to catch a 5:25 or 6:15 -ish showing... *sigh* ... alone. [face_plain]

Lata! :D

14. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Wal-Mart has it for $17.96. Of course getting into the El Dorado Wal-Mart is generally a nightmare!

I'll email you about seeing it this weekend.

15. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    ...You know Queenie, I will probably run out of $$$ before I run out of time on seeing this movie....it is great, and for now I will have to say it is my favorite of all time....I would love to go see it with you again over the weekend but I have to work the clubs....sorry...

"maybe I could use the Jedi Mind Trick on my boss at work and go to the movies tonite?"

16. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'd like to go see it again later tonite but that is uncertain right now...gotta finish packing for my trip.

I am definately going to see watch it DIGITAL at the disney AMC this weekend.

BTW...
    if anyone wants me to get some star tours merch, lemme know. I'll be online over the weekend & I may post what kind of stuff they have.

17. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    are you going to the expo in plano dracula?

18. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    bebo_lokk is in Plano right now :)

19. goldbubbly

Jan 5, 2002
    i'm leaving in about an hour for plano, and i know darth stryphe will be there this weekend too.

20. JessicaKS

JessicaKS Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I have a couple of more people to go with, but then I'll need some movie companions. I know I will be seeing this one many, many times --- loved it! This is a great idea.

--Jessica

21. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    no, not plano, disney world. I planned my trip months ago so i could hit star wars weekends like i did in 2000. Because of celebration 2, star wars weekends got cancelled this year but they are still having some star wars stuff going on. Costumed characters are suppose to be walkin around the park and they should also have limited edition trading pins for sale.

i plan on going straight to disney MGM studios when i get there. I will post tomorow night if i see anything super cool.

there is an AMC at pleasure island with a DLP theater so I'ma check out AOTC there

22. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Hey i Want to go see it tomorrow so I'm up for it. If anyone wants to go with me Email at Fusionblaster@Yahoo.com

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Dorky, I'm all up for going tomorrow. I'm sorry, I can't go today. I realized that my nephew's party is tonight.

Fusion...Dorky and I were talking about going tomorrow. At AMC Gulf Pointe 30, I assume. We would love for you to join us! :) You can send me an email at queenieamidala@fanforce.net. Let me know if you are interested!

dracula, that's so awesome! I wish I were going to WDW this weekend. [face_plain] That sucks about cancelling SW Weekend. But, you'll still have fun. It's been 5 whole months since I've been...I'm going through withdrawls. But, I'm going back in August. I sure do wish they would still have AOTC in digital three months from now. [face_plain]

So, I would totally be telling you some SW stuff I want from Tatooine Traders, but I'll be able to get it soon. Thanks! And have a blast! And make sure you ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at the Magic Kingdom. That was my attraction that I worked last semester. :D

24. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, I'm up for tommorrow. I'd prefer an early show. Don't want to miss the finale of X-Files. :D

25. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, I have church tomorrow until 12:30-1. After that is cool for me. I don't have your email, Dorky, so you can send me an email and let me know what time is good for you. Also, anyone else is welcome to join us. The more the merrier.

:)

queenieamidala@fanforce.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.