main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 21: Teasing a Senator DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    And despite what some people think, I love the Sound of Music rip-off part. Sometimes I think this scene should have come before the first kiss scene though.

You're not the only one; I believe the IMAX version switched them around.

But I prefer them as they are. Their first kiss is awkward, uncomfortable, and mostly an aggressive move on Anakin's part. The whole point of the picnic scene is that they become physically and emotionally comfortable with each other, as well as portray Padme as a willing and engaged participant in the relationship. The tense air would have seemed even more awkward and bizarre if it was prefaced with a scene where Padme was rolling with Anakin in a field - a far more phyiscally intimate act, I'd say, then letting him touch her back or kiss her.

2. Taivasvaeltaja

Taivasvaeltaja Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2003
    This is definitely one of my favorite scenes, perhaps even the best one. It´s perfectly written and acted and the visuals are breathtaking - the shaak ride is technically lame but I like the idea, nevertheless. The cinematography, the screenplay, the acting, and especially the score... everything´s just perfect. Only few scenes can rival this.

Anakin feels nothing like Vader in this one, he is still that same innocent kid as in Episode I. His dark edge is there but it´s presented like it´s just joking. This young man is not evil, just boyish and impulsive.

Every time I watch Attack of the Clones, Teasing a Senator fully fools me about the characters´ future.

3. dee_dee24m

dee_dee24m Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    The Anakin Skywalker Guide to Getting the Babes.

I wonder if anyone has actually tried this as a courting method? :lol

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    And despite what some people think, I love the Sound of Music rip-off part. Sometimes I think this scene should have come before the first kiss scene though.

You're not the only one; I believe the IMAX version switched them around

my reply:
    nope - this scene was totally eliminated from the IMAX version -

5. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    scenes deleted from IMAX:
    the picnic at the falls
    the 1st meeting in the chancellor's office
    audience with the queen of naboo at theed palace

doh! just thought of another: the scene when anakin and obiwan arrive at padme's apartment to discuss security - much shorter version in IMAX - jar jar's reaction time is shortened and dialogue between captain typho and obiwan is as well - shortened, that is.

6. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Hmm, really? That's odd, I could've sworn somebody told me they flipped them around. *shrugs* Maybe it was a later cut...? Ah well.

Though that makes me kinda glad I didn't see the IMAX version. Sounds like they chopped AOTC, opting to show more of the action sequences over the character stories...

7. lovelucas

Mar 19, 2004
    i saw aotc the 1st time in IMAX and it just knocked me off my feet - "i couldn't breathe" so as far as deleted scenes, i didn't know what i was missing. the IMAX format dictated a shorter film and it must have been painful to lose some of that footage. i now have the dvd and it was cool to discover the scenes i had missed. the political discussion between padme & anakin at the falls was rather important but i think one of the biggies was deleted altogether: padme pleading her case at the senate and recognizing the corruption there. i also would have liked to have seen an abbreviated padme's home - parents scene on naboo.

8. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 22: Jango's Apartment DISCUSSION will be made available 12:00 AM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.