main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 25: Nightmare DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Actually, I think it was alright if taken into the context that we know he's been having these nightmares, repeatedly, for nights on end. I too would have liked to have seen a bit more anquished look on his face maybe at the end, or his sheets thrown everywhere - but I think that probably would've been completely distracting.

Hmmm, perhaps you're right. I'm taking this more in context of what the movie is lacking in regards to the novel. Namely, that while we have *two* nightmare segments in novel that give us a clear view of how often Anakin is having these terrible dreams, we have but a reference in the movie during a dialogue between Obi Wan and Anakin (albeit, a nicely acted scene on Hayden and Ewan's parts, but still a ref. none the same). I always thought that helped to clear up some of the dialogue's intentions in the veranda sequence (especially Padme's "another nightmare" line) and would've given us a more reinforced approach to just how bad these nightmares are, and without out, I suppose I just feel that a more active reaction seems in order.

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 26: Obi-Wan vs. Jango DISCUSSION will be made available 12:00 AM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.