main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 3: Return to Coruscant DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The camera panning up made for an interesting surprise at the theater. Seeing the bottom of Coruscant first. Speaking of which, this was the first SW movie to open with an already known planet.

The animation on the ships was beautiful. I loved the design of the Senatorial Barge.

The muted music was a little bothering. Even if the music was supposed to be low and ominous to support the sequence, it shouldn't have been almost non-existent.

The fog made for great symbolism was many have stated.

The main thing that bothered me was that it wasn't Sabe who died instead of this unknown Corde. The emotion of the sequence would have been felt more by the fans. Sure the audience probably though the woman was the decoy from part one, but we knew better and it kinda took away from the sequence for me.

The acting was also a little cheesy during this scene which didn't help the audience get into the film. It just reminded them of TPM.

Since Hugh Quarshie did not want to return unless his role was enlarged, I understand Typho not being Panaka or Panaka not blowing up with the ship on screen. The Naboo Lieutenant could have been easily Panaka in a perfect world. But alas it was never meant to be.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It just reminded them of TPM.

That could be a good thing. Helping to bridge the gap between TPM and AotC.

3. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    I loved the opening of AotC although there were a few things I didn't like.

I liked the fog and the way the Barge came to rest on the platform. This is one of the very few moments in the PT that was paced well (you didn't feel rushed through the scene) and the CGI wasn't in your face....unlike the explosion which I continue to hate till this day.

Originally, Bail Organa and other members of the Loyalist Committee were waiting on the platform for Amidala and this was cut.

I also agree with HLAS that Sabe should have been the decoy killed. After all the setups by GL for TPM, he didn't seem to connect them in AotC. I never had a problem with Corde's lines - she was suppose to successfully get Amidala to the Senate and failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.