main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 30: Anakin's Search DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    lots of cluttering up of the boards

anakin/hayden's is channeling vader here - the stance, the walk, the swing of the cape/cloak

2. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Please try and stay on topic. If you can't, don't add your comment.

The thing that gets me is that Anakin asks for the Jawas help in this film and in ANH he is indirectly responsible for their deaths when the stormtroopers slaughter them trying to find the droids.

3. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    That is a very cool, twisted, parallell.

Star Wars is six, two and one
    /LM

4. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    I love, absolutely LOVE, the way this both rhymes with and differs from the scene in ANH with Luke.

In ANH...
    Luke is talking with Lars at the dining room table about his future.

Lars: Where are you going?
    Luke: Looks like I'm going nowhere.
    (actually, he's gonna be going EVERYWHERE!)

Luke goes upstairs and stares at the twin suns setting.(Perhaps one interpretation of the two suns, is two possible paths that Luke may choose.)We hear an amazing, beautiful musical quote of Luke's theme. Why does he not go searching for the missing R2? Because "it's too dangerous with all the sand people(Tuskens) around." He doesn't go out into the dark, he waits until the light of the next day. In the desert he will find his destiny, meeting Obi-
    Wan. And begin his path to the light, being a Jedi.

In AOTC...

Anakin is talking at the dining room table about going to look for his mother, which will greatly affect his future.

Lars: Where are you going?
    Anakin: To look for my mother.

Anakin goes upstairs and stares at the twin suns setting. We briefly hear an amazing, beautiful musical quote of Luke's theme, further connecting these two scenes in 2 different films But we don't see the twin suns. Just Anakin's shadow, created by them. In the desert, he will find his destiny. He makes the choice to go into the night in which his mother will die. Anakin is not afraid of the Tuskens as Luke will be in the later episode. He will make a terrible choice of fates(Duel of the Fates plays during his search) and use his Jedi training and force talents to slaughter Tuskens. And begin his path to the darkside of the Sith, after having been a Jedi.

The parallells and symbolism contrasting the two life paths that father and son take are utterly staggering.
    Beautifully rendered. Flawless balance. Great job Mr. Lucas!

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 31: Dooku's Separatist Plot DISCUSSION will be made available 12:00 AM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

6. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

These scenes were some of the most poetic of AOTC
    and are the emotional heart of the film.

7. darthmedium

darthmedium Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2005
    I reich it a rot!

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    mojorising=darthmedium?

Both add very weird posts.

I think the shot of the Sandcrawler/ Jawa camp / trading place was inspired by the unused Ralph McQuarrie concept drawing created for ANH.
    I love this scene. Especially Anakin leaving the homestead is amazing with the Vader shadow (which wasn't digitally changed).

9. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

In the not too distant future (May) people are going to have a very different view of AOTC. And this section of the movie will be seen as the beginning of the end for Anakin Skywalker. It's during this search that he takes his first crucial steps to the darkside,
    acting on his anger.

That shadow is just SO PERFECT. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.