main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 31: Dooku's Separatist Plot DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatthewZ

MatthewZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Tyranus the Hutt with a Harry Lime reference. I nod in approval to thee.

2. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    "In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had five-hundred years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo-clock!";)

Regarding the chapter in question, I actually like the techno-union representative, and the very odd manner in which he adjusts that strange knob on his chest. I thought that Dooku was given a forceful, commanding presence by Christopher Lee, who lends considerable gravitas to scenes such as this that are (politically) quite dense; he speaks with such ease and authority. Obviously, the introduction of the Droid factory is key as later it factors into a major action scene.

Moleman - Why do you need more than one account on this website?

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I have to say, I REALLY liked the shot of Obi-Wan looking at the droid factory in this scene.

It looks like Obi-Wan is up on the "surface" of the earth, getting a glimpse into hell. [face_devil]

I thought Lucas should have left the droid factory at that, but that's a story for another time. ;)

4. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 32: Tusken Camp DISCUSSION will be made available 7:00 PM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

5. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

jarjarandtheewoks_hi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    The Techno Army guy looks AND sounds like 'The Terrible Tedium' from 'The Phantom Tollbooth'.

6. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

jarjarandtheewoks_hi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    Strike that, reverse; I mean the Banking Clan guy looks AND sounds like 'The Terrible Tedium' from the film 'The Phantom Tollbooth'.

Could there be a connection?

(edit: am i digging up dead threads or is here the right place to post this?)

7. Master_Solo

Master_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    An average scene with no real flaws or pros for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.