main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 37: Emergency Powers DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Thankfully for ROTS, Tundra Dowmeia is in and Tikkes is not to prevent confusion. There was alot of doubles going around in AOTC. Something Lucas decided to remedy for ROTS. No Adi Gallia and Stass Allie. Just Stass Allie. No Gorothin Vagger and Po Nudo. Just Po Nudo.

Im just wondering is there more to the Story than we are lead to believe.

Tundra Dowmeia (Quarren) is in, represented in the Galactic Senate. While Tikkes of the CIS is not in ROTS.

While Gorothin Vagger (Aquilae) is out, but I understand he?s supporting the Republic. Meanwhile, Pon Nudo is in represented as member of the CIS.

Out of the thousands of pods, it would be have been easiest to just show another alien race and visually better.

I think its interesting that since Tikkes is with the CIS now, it can be considered that even within one world there are dissenters - Much like the human race, of which humans do belong to other worlds as well, not just Alderaan, Naboo, etc.

Something Lucas decided to remedy for ROTS.

Where can I find this infor. that this was a remedy? Thanks for a quote. You can PM me.

2. DarthSon

DarthSon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2000
    2) It just doesn't seem clear to me if the Senator's are supposed to vote the Chancellor Emeregency Powers or if he just says "Okay, somebody suggests it, now I'm gonna take them." Aren't people saying "Vote now in the background," yet there is no vote. Palpatine proceeds to take use of powers that haven't even been granted him immediately.

Exactly, and it's my one issue with the scene. I wish the movie had shown the other senators voting this proposal in; Jar Jar takes a lot of flack for this and people assume he actually gives Palps the emergency powers. He proposes it to the senate, and the majority of the senate votes it in. It was explained much better in the novel, and it's one of my few knocks on the movie.

3. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    The scene.. as it plays.. wonderful...

It tells us EXACTLY what we need to know... The Jedi are watching the downfal of the Republic, and are not aware, The common man, represented by Jar Jar Binks, suggest that Palpatine be given emergency powers. With a cheering senate background. Palpatine "reluctently accepts"

The best way to look at the scene, is that Palpatine was doing an "pre-acceptiance" speach. Re-assuring senators that he realy doesn't want the power, and that he was just going to do it temporarily.

It was more imporant to keep the pacing of the film, than to slow it down with a vote.

4. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

The scene.. as it plays.. wonderful...

It tells us EXACTLY what we need to know... The Jedi are watching the downfal of the Republic, and are not aware, The common man, represented by Jar Jar Binks, suggest that Palpatine be given emergency powers. With a cheering senate background. Palpatine "reluctently accepts"

It's a great scene, such a great set up for what's to come. I love Palpatine's over the top sincerity.

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 38: Droid Factory DISCUSSION will be made available 1:00 PM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.