main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 41: "This Party is Over" DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Loved the Mace/Dooku/Jango scene.
    As someone who reads fanfic, that makes me cringe.[face_sick]

2. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    It's a fun little scene. C-3p0 is lovely [face_plain] Would have liked a little more focus on the main cast of characters with more personal conflicts rather than a free for all rumble in the arena.

Like the topic starter, I don't care much for the jango vs mace thing. Jango's got no beef with Mace other than the lightsaber to the neck thing. He should have left and not gotten involved. There were plenty of robots to take care of the jedi; they do their job well.

Padme manages to show us more of her great robot-shooting skills. And abs. I enjoy her.

Looks like Mace needs a 'negotiator' to get him and his jedi friends out of this little snag.

Here comes YODA! Negotiate THIS Dooku!

3. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    This is my favorite sequence from the film, and one of my favorite cinematic sequences. Its a really great action scene, and just generally a lot of fun.

And call me lame if you must, but I like 3PO's antics.

4. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    "This party is over" line is amung my favourites. Then with all the Jedi geting ready to fight and the geonosians flying away, it looks really good. One of the best action sequences ive seen.

5. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    things are happening all over the place - lots of action but the shananigans with c3 water down the concern, as does the line "aggressive negotiations", sure that's a device to show padme is in sync with anakin but it's playful and this is not a playful arena, and that's both literal and figurative. actually mace's line of party's over although greatly delivered and a fantastic look by samuel, it felt 21st century street slang. suspension of disbelief took a hit there. this episode with dooku will haunt mace - if only he had taken out dooku immediately instead of uttering the line.

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Thank you for all your participation in CBC (Chapter by Chapter). AOTC Chapter 42: Yoda's Cavalry DISCUSSION will be made available 7:30 PM EST. Although the discussion timeframe has passed, you may still discuss this chapter at your convienience. However, we will be moving on to the next chapter.

-Moleman1138

7. Mekanus

Mekanus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    can funny see why c3po is always scared and freightened from the ot from all the abuse he took in ep2 :p

8. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I really like this chapter except for the transition to the final circle of Jedi, it feels to abrupt, a couple of shots of Jedi moving backwards then suddenly theres only 20 left and they're all surrounded. I think that could have been done much better, but the rest of the chapter is cool.

9. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Windu's entrance is well done, but I'm surprised Dooku didn't sense Mace behind him. Surprising since Sith can sense things.

Dooku seemed more amused than surprised when Mace showed up. It was my impression that he could sense Mace and the other Jedi coming a mile away.

10. qui_gonbear

qui_gonbear Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Great chapter...

Wonderful Mace moment with "This party's over!"
    Good action. Threepio stuff alright. Kinda funny that he takes up Jar Jar's mantle for acting goofy during a battle. Guess Lucas feels that's a necessary thing.

Really liked little moments like the SBD smacking the regular BD out of the way while it fires...Obi-Wan's hair gettin'all mussed when he thwacks the Acklay...Anakin & Padme sticking with each other through the battle (yeah, including their little quick exchange about negotiating)...Jango's attempted lift-off and sparking jetpack after getting trounced by the Reek...the total attitude look Mace throws Dooku after beheading Jango...and my absolute favorite...Christopher Lee rolling his "r" in "rrrecognition" the way his old friend Peter Cushing rolled his in "rrrrebel friends" in ANH. It was a subtle but sweet nod.

My only niggles with this scene were...here's where the music starts getting hacked up and reused too much and, yes, after multiple viewings, some of the Jedi fighting looks a bit stagey instead of spontaneous but hey...it doesn't ruin the scene and it does lead into the great one that follows...Yoda's calvary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.