main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Chapter 47: "Well Done, Lord Tyranus" DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Moleman1138, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Until the release of ROTS on 5/19/05, I would like to discuss AOTC chapter by chapter on the DVD. There are 47 chapters to discuss over the next eight months, excluding Chapter 1: Opening Logos, Chapter 2: Attack of the Clones and Chapter 50: End Credits.

Each discussion will last 5 days. At the end of 5 days, the following chapter will be posted.

Chapter 47: "Well Done, Lord Tyranus"
    DISCUSSION: April 6, 2005 - April 10, 2005
    DVD TIME INDEX: 131:16 - 132:47

Synopsis:
    The Solar Sailer nears the capital, closing its sail before breaking through the atmosphere. It glides through the metropolis then passes through the abandoned Old Town, far from the city. The ship enters the Dacho Factory hangar and lands. Dooku descend the vessel and is greeted by his master, Darth Sidious. He tells his master that he war has begun. Sidious is pleased with the results. Everything is going according to the plan of the Dark Lord of the Sith. END OF CHAPTER

Opinion:
    Short chapter to start the final few scenes of the second movie. It's really a gloomy conclusion like Empire. Even though the Jedi won on Geonosis, the inevitable Clone War has begun.

Dooku's ship always fascinated me. I love the sails on the ship, reminding me of a something you'd want to take on the high seas. Also the beetle look added some characterization to Dooku and his enigma. The return to Coruscant was brilliantly captured, reminding me of the opening shot of the movie when Padme arrives on Coruscant.

The reddish sunset like the sunset at the end of Phantom Menace in incredible symbolism carrying over from film to film. The Dacho Factory is an interesting locale. I just wish it served more purpose than a temporary hideout for the Sith. And Sidious, who can forget the puppetmaster. This is the only time we see him in the movie, unlike Phantom Menace, which perfectly flourished with the Dark Lord.

You would think with the lifting of the Dark Side shroud that Sidious would be shown more in this film, but that element of mystery and intrigue still fuels to the end of this film. Maybe it was for the best to allude you from enemy to enemy. Good chapter.

2. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    It was alright; I do enjoy Dookus' sail barge as well as his lightsaber. Also if you are interested with 'The Works' and Sidious' lair, you should read Labyrinth of Evil.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I thought we were doing these one every 5 days...

4. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    When you assume, you make an ass of you(rself). Not me, though, I have my act together.

I agree on Dooku's ship, she be a fine vessel, matey. The idea behind solar sails is not at all unpractical, very beautiful design.

Lastly, Sidious must really be going for effect, having Dooku meet him in such a hellish district of Coruscant. Can't the guy go to a nice restaurant to plot the domination of the galaxy?

5. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I was unable to do chapter 46 and 47 for the time of the discussion dates since my computer was down. So I'm just catching up and getting back on schedule.

My only question is why Old Town Dacho Factory. In TPM Sidious spoke to Maul on Palpatine's balcony, now they're being more secretive, even though they're supposed to be unveiling the shroud of the dark side.

6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I enjoyed the solar sailer a lot plus seeing Dooku finally at the side of Sidious was cool.

7. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    dooku's solar sailer is fantastic - i love how the pov changes as well as the actual ship's configuration as it gets closer to the capitol. and nice call regarding the ending of the film echoing the beginning - the sound/music here always startles me. i walk a mile in the early a.m. to go from parking lot to work site and as the city is awakening, i hear this scene -
    and when dooku/tyrannus relays in jovial terms that the war has begun...and then sidious' remark that everything is going as planned, if you weren't clued in by then you are now and w/o much time to reflect what you've learned we are on to a chilling montage (well, we do have to stop at the temple first, don't we?) visual, sound, dialogue, acting - top of the line.

8. Lord_Morningstar

Lord_Morningstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    This is one of my absolute favourite chapters in AotC and even in Star Wars in general. Both actors are excellent, the setting is somber, the dialogue chilling, and the music new and powerful. I love the visuals, and the scene has a simplicity to it that makes it all the more effective IMHO. The Solar Sailer is great. Perhaps the fiery, ruined setting is a sign of things to come?

9. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i liked this scene because it reminds everyone that this darth sidious, who was practically never mentioned by name in tpm, is the one pulling all the strings. its nice to see him again, becuase in a way he's much different from the emperor is rotj. in tpm he's very mysterious. truly, he is the phantom menace, and its nice to see him turn out again in aotc.

10. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The old industrial part of the city is just that - industrial, and I effing love it! The reds, the deserted structures, all those lines and the smoke - too beautiful for words. I've rewatched that shot so many times..

11. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    This is the only time we see him in the movie, unlike Phantom Menace, which perfectly flourished with the Dark Lord.

Isn't it the first time we see him in the acual scene? The first time he's not a hologram, I mean?

Anyways, it's a great scene.

Also, the Tyrannus thing links back to the Sifo-Dyas stuff. Maybe Dooku was Sifo-Dyas? [Fett said he was hired by Tyrannus and never heard of Sifo-Dyas].

I'd say one of the best scenes in the movie.

12. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Was Sidious a hologram on the balcony in TPM? If so then this would be the second time as flesh and blood.

13. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Huh?

You just said if he was a hologram on the balcony, then this would be the second time.

Think about it.

I'm pretty sure he was a hologram, tho, so this would be the first time.

I'd have to watch the movie to be perfectly sure.

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    No, he's not a hologram there. On the audio commentary, George said that he wanted people to know that he wasn a person and not a ghost.

15. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Okay. What I meant to say is that If Sidious was human and NOT hologram in the balcony scene, the scene in the Dacho Factory would be the second time we see Sidious as flesh and blood.

However if and that's a strong if Sidious was a hologram in the balcony scene of TPM, then this would be the first time we actually see Sidious (non-hologram) of course.

In the TPM screenplay, it does say Sidious was a hologram in the balcony scene, but holograms are so far blue in the PT and Sidious was not blue.

16. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Well, if Lucas said it, that's a definite answer.

:p

17. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    i enjoyed this chapter

18. Darth_Numanus

Darth_Numanus Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2002

i love waching digital dooku stand up inside his digital ship.

-num

19. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    sidious is good in the chapter

20. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Very good scenery and music. Wish the chapter was longer and we could hear more from "Tyranus". Not much there to hate then again not much to love either.

21. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Sidious/Palpatine had 7 scenes in AOTC on script. One was cut from the film though so he was down to six. Very sad.

That being said, it was nice to see him in Sidious form again. Telling the general audience who is really in charge and not to forget.

The setting was perfect and so was the music. Though I always wondered how he got that abandoned factory. The entire area looked as though a nuclear explosion occurred and thus made me think they were getting radiation poisoning and thus the reason for Sidious looking nasty in the OT. :p

22. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I thought this was an excellent scene. It gave the audience another personal look into seeing that Sidious and his operations we're alive and well, and the arrival onto Coruscant as beautiful as well.

23. Darth_Keldor

Darth_Keldor Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2004
    This is one of favorite scenes in the movie, it confirms for me something that I have suspected for sometime, that Palpatine was the mastermind who started the Clone Wars, it reminds so much of Sidous and Vader talking on the Second Death Star after he arrives. truly brilliant!

24. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I love this scene; it is one of my favourite in the entire saga. The music is very haunting, and ominously foreshadows the darkness that is about to spread across the galaxy. Added to this, the deep blood-red of Coruscant's cloud-dominated sky is a visual masterpiece. This scene is perhaps the most powerful one in the entire film.

25. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    I love the sound of Dooku's solar sailer. I love hearing it fly by the camera each shot. The best part of this chapter is how his ship gets further into the "outskirts" every time the shot changes.

Then of course the best dialogue in the movie occurs here between Dooku and Sidious. "You have done well." I love that.

Though I always wondered how he got that abandoned factory.

This is one of those great instances in Star Wars where you can come up with your own ideas of how to explain things. I like to believe that he has squatted on an abandoned building.

Imagine how many old, unused buildings there are on a planet that is one big city.

i love waching digital dooku stand up inside his digital ship.

Me too. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.