main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG AOTC: Charity Premiere - Will You Pay $$$ To Watch?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    I'm confident that Star Wars Episode II Attack Of The Clones will have a charity premiere one or two weeks before the 16 May premiere. There'll bound to be an Exclusive goodie bag too.

So the question is: Will you fork out $60-$100 to watch AOTC 1 week earlier than the others, with the extra goodie bag?

Thanks. Cheers!

2. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    i sure will :)
    but do u have any idea how we can ticks for this?

3. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, me too. For me it is more a case of fitting the screening time into my schedule. argh.

However, since this time around, AOTC will be a one-world release, with the earliest screening on 12th May in the States and Canada, that's probably the earliest we will see it, if FOX wants to organise it. Not one week or two, methinks.

Maybe we can call FOX to find out. Hmm.

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    IMHO, I'll do it as
    1) It's for Singapore Charity;
    2) Will be the first few hundreds or thousand to see AOTC and
    3) Goodies bag is an added insentive(sp?).

Anyway, I'll prefer not to see this news being announced again by the ignorance mass media American kids bring 'Star Wars' fever to Singapore

If these kids were so fanatic with SW, where were they during the Planet Hollywood SW Party and YHS/Pepsi/The Hereen Costume Contest and other local SW contest?

5. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Heh of course I'll go too..for the same reasons which all of u have stated.

Did any of you go for the TPM one?

6. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Hear, hear! :)

"Maybe," I was thinking the other day, "we can do something useful to the charity scene while prancing around in cool clothing, since we will attracting all that attention anyway. Maybe wear a pink ribbon or a red ribbon something. Perhaps. Perhaps."

7. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Maybe a few of us can wear the Official Rubies Costumes top with pink ribbons and bows and pink/neon color socks and slippers and stand with the rest dressed in our homemade costumes. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

A Gal and a Guy from the 501st did that during last year's Comic Con as a form of protest against the suing of a good Stormtropper Armor Maker by the tiggerhappy Canadian Lawyers of LFL and it looks very cute when they stand with the rest of the 501st Legion during the photoshot. See if I can find the photo again online. :p

8. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm a student...so money is a big problem, as is my schedule... :( :_|

See how lah...

9. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Ya, me too! :(

Today, I've just decide to use maybe Lilac/Lavender/Purple Cotton Drill or some other cheap but strong Cotton fabric to make my Wesell's body suit which is now end up as overall. Just can't spare SGD100 to get that Nylon Lycra from Spotlight. :_|

10. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    What charity is this for again?

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The last time in 1999, it was for the Singapore Children's Charity (real name?). And it cost SG$100 and sold at The Hereen. The US online mass media also report it wrong when they say "it took American Kids to bring SW to Singapore" when at least 20 local fellows came in costumes and so many, many more locals attending it compared to smal no. of US Kids.

Anyway, just don't put your hopes to high as there had been no words that there'll be a Charity Premiere for AOTC in Singapore on May 11 or 12th. It only been confirm in certain parts of US.

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I agree with Darth_Eagle on this as there hasn't been any news whatsover from the newspapers.

But of course, I still have my hopes up. :D. Since they had one for TPM, they should have one for AOTC too...

13. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    No...please...not S$100... :_|

[face_plain]

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Not as bad as if in US cause it's US$500! That's about SG$925 and can get me relatively Full Biker Scout Armor (with helmet, holster, boots and some other misc stuffs!) :eek:
    Charity Screening Updates: CA, PA, & WA

And for those who think they can afford the Singapore Charity Premiere, get ready your cash and pray hard it don't get higher than SG$100. Better still, pray hard it's SG$50. :p

If I go, I'll probably not be a Purple Bounty Hunter; maybe TPM Padme Naberries Tatooine or Padme Amidala White Battle or even Manga Leia.

If anyone coming, give me a buzz okay? ;)

15. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    What, have they confirmed a S'pore screening, or are we just hoping?

SGD100? sheesh.... [face_shocked]

16. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I (and other people ;) ) had heard words that there MAY be one in Singapore, the location and date but nothing about pricing. I'll PM you all when it's fully out (and hope before the general public got to know too! :D )

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm hoping there'll be one...I wouldn't mind the price it remains at S$100 or less like in TPM. It is for charity after all..

18. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Hear hear!

19. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    EEeeekkkk!!!! Malaysia one step of us!!!!

"Here in Malaysia, it was announced in the local newspaper, that McDonalds and Celcom are organizing an AOTC charity premiere on May 11, in a big screen cinema. Since Malaysia is a few hours ahead of Poland, I guess here is the earliest screening of AOTC. The price of the charity ticket is RM100 - ten times the usual price."

Singapore, WAKE UP!!!!!!

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Why in the world some stuffs get release in Singapore and Malaysia at the same time? ?[face_plain]

Hmm, tickets are RM100; that's SG$48. So will the Singapore one be SG$50 as I prayed for? :D

Oh don't worry, guys. Singapore SW Fans may be the first to see AOTC cause there may be a difference in the screening time on May 11th and some fan may even get luckier to see it even first. Unfortunately, I was saving up for the Charity Premiere so that's the earlier I'll be seeing AOTC. :_| :_|

21. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I won't spend a single cent on charity premiere... dun wanna get a heartache on 16 May when tix cost $6.50...

Unless they give out the CELEBRATION II (GEORGE LUCAS IN X-WING PILOT GEAR) together with the TIX. Then, I'll buy 2 tickets!!!

I've made enough calls at the NKF show whenever Pan Lingling screams in pain, so dun say I heartless or NIAO!!!

22. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Hey, hey, hey, where did that blip on Celcom come from? 11th May? SHeesh....

I have a feeling that the screening is going to be in KL. *sigh*

I know they are supposed to be selling AOTC prepaid cards (but I haven't seen them around...) but still...

23. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm..I don't think it'd be as low as $50. You know Singapore Charities...hehe

But there's something I feel weird here..you all are talking as though that the Charity Premiere is confirmed for Singapore on 11th May. Is that true?

24. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The Premiere is confirmed but there's still restricted info concerning the ticket price (suspected to be SG$100 as usual), the time (7pm?) and date of sale to the public. Location is not at Prince (like TPM), I last heard, somewhere more centralized to most of us. ;)

Anyway, anyone want to borrow lightsabers on the day of showings? I now got an extra Purple Blade one but it's the cheaper version. Other available for Normal Sparing is my Qui-Gon Jinn (and maybe my bro's QGJ too), Vader (Shorten by a few cm now :( ) and Maul. Also got the SCV lightsaber but it got the ugly writing on the blade. :D

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    I will not spend $100.00 on AOTC! I'm neither rich nor wanna have a heartache on 16 May 02.

I'd rather spend $100 on AOTC stuffs... or watch 12 times after 16 May 02... Anyway, it's just 5 days difference only. And I'll be 12 hours earlier than those ANG MOH! Hehe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.