main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG AOTC: Charity Premiere - Will You Pay $$$ To Watch?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by bobafett81, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Tim

Jedi_Knight_Tim Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Read somewhere that AOTC runs for about 143 mins. so if it starts at 9.30 means it finishes about ...hmmm....wah...yah 12 am

2. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    So..at least the day is confirmed. Only the exact time remains to be seen~

3. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Tim, are you really sure with the facts? Will it be on the papers or something?

4. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Anymore news regarding the abovementioned?

5. Jedi_Knut_Ken

Jedi_Knut_Ken Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    HA! I bet Lucas is doing it for the childrens' charity because that asswipe of a kid actor from Ep 1 (Jake Lord) probably could never find work in the industry again after his horrific performance, and was sent to a childrens' home. HA!

Once again, how many people feel asleep during the Pod Racer scene? Hands up?

I watched Ep1 three times and fell asleep twice when Jake Lord was 'yippee-ing' his ass off in the pod race and once when Jar Jar 'I must be so stupid' Binks was talking in the underwater city.

Sigh. Ep2 betta be good.

6. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Hmm... why are there no more news?

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Just hope no news doesn't means no tickets to sell to the public. :eek:

8. Jedi_Knight_Tim

Jedi_Knight_Tim Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Ok guys. Here's the latest scoop. Tickets are going to be sold at the Heeren this weekend Saturday & Sunday.

Think they have limited tickets so there might not be publicity in the papers. Get prepared...

9. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    How many are going if they can get tickets? I don't know if I should go...firstly, it's $100, secondly, I'm going also because I want to meet you guys...if very few are going then I think I shouldn't go... [face_plain]

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I see what u mean..

well, if the Charity thing is confirmed, then I'm going~ =)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sat and Sun??? Then I'll go to Hereen Sat Morning :D but you sure or not? Do the people at the Info Counter knows about this as I'm thinking of dropping by Orchard tomorrow.

12. Jedi_Knut_Ken

Jedi_Knut_Ken Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    Haahahhahahhahahaaaa.....

I have succumbed to the darkseid and bought myself an *gasp* underground copy of AOTC. *more shocked gasps* hahhahhahahaaa.....

You see, my VCD supplier's son's best friend's, daughter's friend's friend has a friend who has a grandson working in the post pro house that is preparing the bulk of the cine transfers of the AOTC film, and we have a copy!

I have watched it and it here's the scoop, and have a strange sense of deja vu:

1. Jar Jar Binks will reveal why he is crucial with the plot, he's actually an agent of the dark side (he was converted to the darkside after he got expelled from the Gungan society).
    2. JJB has a duel with Anakin who cuts off one of his floppy ears, later it will be replaced by a cybernetic one.
    3. Anakin finds out that JJB is actually his dad.

hahahhahahahaha

13. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    :eek:

[Luke] Noooooooooo! [/Luke]

[face_laugh] LOL!

"Yousa must join mesa or yousa dead!"

"Anakin! Mesa yousa daddy!!!"

14. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Concerning the Charity Premiere on May 11th, I heard from the person at this costume shop (No. 1 Costume Costume) that a few fellow had rented some SW or related costumes to wear at the Premiere. A fellow even have his costume tailored out by them but it cost $400 :eek:

I will be wearing my Padme White Battle Suit. ;) Just give me a day and I'll complete where I had left off (namely the Shin Guards, Belt, pouches and Cape :p )

15. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
  16. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Ermmm... I hope no one will wanna kill me or skin me alive for saying this... but... ermm...

I GOT THIS SATURDAY's GALA PREMIERE TIX FOR FREE!!!! And it's A PAIR!!!!!! (YIPEEE!!)

How I got the tix, well, let's just say thru something called Guan Xi (Connections)... so bad... Hehe!

So I'll give this Sat Hereen's a miss... also can bring my Darling there too (since a pair mah...)... Hehe!

So lucky siah... this week... got TODAY's tix, now got free Gala tix... hope my name will appear on Sunday night on Channel 5.. Haha! *grins*

17. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Ermmm... I hope no one will wanna kill me or skin me alive for saying this...

::Wants to kill bobafett81 and skin him alive::

;)

j/k lah. Have fun, you lucky person :)

18. bed_speling

bed_speling Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    Arrgghhh...I paid $240 for my two tix!
    <pounds head repeatedly on the wall>

Wah, your Guan Xi very powderful, man.

19. DarthSyn

DarthSyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    free?????????

@#$%! :p

aniwae, so now we have 4 ppl goin :)
    whats ur seats like? shall we meet somewhere b4 we go?

20. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    We have to be seated by 8.30pm, right and the movie starts at 9pm. So we must be there by 8pm.

So will 7.30pm-8.00pm be right? But location of meeting, where?

Wanna do some lightsaber sparing anyone? :D

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll be waiting for my free tix too haha :D

Pls Pls Pls...

22. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Actually, I wanna do the Darth Sidious thingy... but so many people there... would be pretty awkward... somemore we going wif my Darling... so I would give it a miss... :(

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Can you please introduce yourself to the gal in White Padme suit tomorrow? I really want to see how the rest of this board people look like.

Just call it kena influence by Angel Sanctuary's Zapkiel, lately . . .

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah Bobafett, would like to meet u too, although I'm not going for the Charity Premiere.

25. bobafett81

Nov 12, 2001
    Wah... sure Ms Amidala! But I hope I will come on time... have to go pick my Darling 1st! Hehe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.