main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO AoTC @ Cinemark 16 IMAX!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I got this reply...

We will be playing the IMAX special edition of "Star Wars EP:II" starting
    11/1/02. Tickets will go on sale this Monday they can be purchased at
    Cinemark.com. The showtimes are as follows: 12:30pm 2:45pm 5:05pm 7:30pm 9:45pm
    It will end its run on 11/26/02.

Norman White
    General Manager
    Cinemark 16 & IMAX Theatre

YAY!

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Congrats!!!

3. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
  4. MonJasCharan

MonJasCharan Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2002
    This is great .... I guess I'll have to call in sick at work :)

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    There's going to be a TON of people there! Check in the Denver forums for more info on the planning of this event!

6. Optimus77

Optimus77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    I heard that GL had to cut 20 minutes from the movie to have it in IMAX. I hope that doesn't ruin it.

7. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hey MJC, glad to see you on the boards!

8. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I doubt we'll even notice the 20 mins.

9. MonJasCharan

Apr 12, 2002
    Good to be back ... IMAX has 120 minute maximun for films ...

10. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Any larger and the platters that hold the film would have to be made larger, and it would be too expensive to re-tool.

RMFF AOTC in IMAX page

imax.rmff.net

11. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    We have to becareful when we go because i might have a wrestling tournament or something.

I'm one of the best wrestlers that my school has ever had, i'm 8-0 and only have 1 more match to wrestle.

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    kick some @$$ dl!

when you get bigger you oughta get into MMA...good wrestlers who learn submissions and striking usually tear up the scene :)

13. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    I heard that there will also be a "poster" from the #0 Bantha Tracks at participating IMAX theaters. Hopefully the CS IMAX will be doing this...
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2002/10/news20021014.html

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I believe you're right. I think our RSA (Obey Wann) posted about this on the Denver Forum's thread Lucasfilm may actually be supporting the IMAX release..

Anyway, How's it going? Are you new to the fanforce boards? We've got a nice little group going on here (which is actually part of the bigger group based in Denver). We're planning on having a meeting in November to watch the DVD, and if things go right, we'll be hosting the whole Rocky Mountain FanForce (RMFF) for the meeting. If you're interested in joining the group, this would be a great time to check it out!

Before that, the RMFF will be doing an event at the IMAX release on Nov. 1st. We're planning on having info there for those who would like to join the group, so that would also be a great time to check us out (and I know you're gonna go watch the IMAX release anyway, right?) ;)

If you want anymore information, PM me. ;)

JD

15. MonJasCharan

Apr 12, 2002
    It looks like my group at work is planning a Team building event, by going to the opening

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    That's great! Maybe you can build on to our team when you get there! ;)

17. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    :'( I've got a problem!! A very BIG problem: I really, really wanted to go to the IMAX showing with everyone and I thought that it would work out because I thought it was on the second of Nov, not the first. And then I looked at the updated information on the RMFF board... :'( Sadly, unless I can find some way to get to the 'Springs (whether someone pick me up at school or at the busstop in town on marksheffle), I can't go... :'( Anybody have any suggestions?

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I think we'll be able to work something out. If I can't get one of the people from Denver (who will be down here earlier than what I get off work), I can pick you up after I off...I wouldn't get there till about 5:00 though...so we'd both be a little late for the group, but we'd still get to be there for most of the stuff.

We'll figure something out, don't worry ;)

19. r2dee2

r2dee2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 1999
    JediDragon...I'm not really "new" to the boards, but I've only dropped in from time to time.

I've already bought tickets for the opening IMAX show AND I'll see it again with my husband at the 5PM show, when he can get off from work. I'll have to check out the FanForce group, but I am actually a part of a local collecting group...the Jedi Council of Colorado Springs...tho' things have been a little slow for us lately.

20. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    There's no law that says you can only be part of 1 Star Wars group! ;)

21. MonJasCharan

Apr 12, 2002
    With the things going on here at work I'll be able to make the 7:30 p.m. show. We tried to get the mgrs to let us off for the 2:45, but upper mgnt said no, our direct report though it was a great idea, Oh well

22. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    That's cool, most of us will be there during the evening anyway :)

23. Padawan_Willow02

Padawan_Willow02 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    So I won't be the only one late? Cool... I think... The sad thing is that there is supposed to be a dance on that friday... But I think I have it worked out in my mind.
    ;) ;) :D :D

24. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Gwen: Jen and Sarah will be there all day long and Jen said one of them can run out and pick you up after school if you want.

25. DarthLeif

DarthLeif Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
    if i get paid before then for putting in the rock i can probably go i just need to know where to meet you guys.i'l probably bring a freind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.