main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific AOTC Comes To The Imax Theatre in Cathedral City CA November 1st!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Oct 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Star Wars: Attack of the Clones is Coming to Imax Theatres Friday, November 1st!

The San Diego FanForce Chapter has been working with both Lucasfilm and the Desert Imax theatre to make the opening day event a memorable one for fans. If you would like to help "work" the event with us for Lucasfilm, or plan on attending this special event, please read on. The SDSWS is currently planning fun "line" events such as trivia contests, costume contests, and there will be many prize give-aways!

Southern California Imax events

Please email me at MaraJade@sandiegostarwars.com if you would like to be placed on our Imax event email list.

List Of IMAX Theatres playing AOTC

Next, I'm sure you've caught wind of "Bantha Tracks #0" which is to be given away opening weekend. This is one of the main areas where we will be responsible. The issues will be sent to the theaters directly, however we will be distributing them in costume. Lucasfilm is sending us only 540 copies of Bantha Tracks, which will only be enough to hand out at two sold out shows. Thus this exclusive Lucasfilm give-away will be very rare and will be "while supplies last." We will NOT be able to save this very rare Lucasfilm exclusive for anyone who does not show up for the event on Friday, November 1st. You must be in attendence to recieve a copy. The Bantha Tracks exclusive will be passed out at the 5:20pm showings and the 7:40pm showings. If we receive extra Bantha Tracks exclusives, they will be passed out at the 10:00pm showing while supplies last. People will have to show their paid tickets in order to recieve a copy. Read more about this here:

Bantha Tracks

Our Imax Event Will Be Held, Friday Nov. 1st At The Desert Imax In Cathedral City

Desert Imax Theatre
    Highway 111 at Cathedral Canyon
    Cathedral City, CA

Desert IMAX

Adult tickets are $8.00 and are on sale NOW. You cannot order tickets online, to order tickets by phone call (760)324-7333. Please call ASAP to reserve your tickets.

Showtimes
    2:00pm, 5:20pm, 7:40pm, and 10pm (Our event is the 7:40pm showing) Get tickets early before they sell out.

Transportation:
    If you are willing to drive, please post on our forums located here:

SD FanForce Forum

Tell us how many seats you have available for others, or if you need a ride please also post on the forum.

Lodging:
    Those of you not returning the night of November 1st, some of us are planning to spend the night up north, in order to attend the 501st/FanForce/Liningup.net event at theUniversal City Walk Imax, Saturday November 2nd in Los Angeles. I will get a hotel/motel room in the early afternoon of the 1st, so if any of you need a place to change in/out of costumes, shower, etc, dump off your stuff, you are welcome to use the room.

-Take I-15 North

- Continue on I-215 North toward Riverside/San Bernardino

- Take 60 East toward Beaumont/Indio

- Take I-10 East

- Take the 111 Exit toward Palm Springs

- Theatre is off Highway 111 at Cathedral Canyon (Please visit the Desert Imax Theatre website for specific directions)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.