main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC AOTC coming to Vancouver! Sign up here for Road Trip!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Oct 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    As many of you know by now, AOTC is confirmed to be showing at the Canada Place IMAX theatre in Vancouver next month.

Some tentative arrangements have been made by our sister FF group in Vancouver to see a showing on the afternoon of Nov. 2nd, and they have graciously included Victory Base in those plans! Many thanks to OBI-DAN and the Vancouver FanForce for their initiative and generosity!

This does, however, come with a warning that at this time these plans are still up in the air, and this cannot be helped. It's completely out of OBI-DAN's and my hands, but we'll give you updates the moment details are either confirmed or changed.

In the meantime, I need to know how many members of Victoria FanForce would be willing to make the trip? Please post in this thread only if you are interested in going to Vancouver to see AOTC on an IMAX screen.

Depending on what day we do wind up going, we may be faced with the folowing options:

1) A weekend day-trip, leaving on an early morning ferry, bus and skytrain to Canada Place, see AOTC, bus & skytrain back to the ferry, arriving back at Swartz Bay early to mid-evening. (This is the cheapest option.)

2) A weekend day-trip via my 8-passenger van, gas, ferry, and parking costs split equally between driver and passengers. We either leave later and return earlier, or spend the extra time in Vancouver socializing with the Vancouver FF group. (More expensive depending on how many come, but we spend FAR less time in transit.)

3) An overnight trip to Vancouver, either a weekend or weeknight. This might be necessary if plans change (again, beyond our control) to an evening viewing. Derisa and I would arrange a place for everyone to stay with our friends in Vancouver, so the only additional cost would be a few extra meals for the trip. This could either be done using the bus/skytrain option, or the option of going in my van.

I realize each of you has unique work, school, and financial constraints - let me know which option best appeals to you, and which would be completely out of the question (for example, being unable to book off time from work for an overnight in the middle of the week).

Stay tuned for more updates!

- Rani

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Ooh, me! Me!!! :)

Seriously, I'm to be counted an absolute for this trip: OBI-DAN and the VanForcers are a great buncha folks, and I have a few big SW fans on the mainland. I'm all for making it an over night trip, (my friends are fun people and all, as well as fans) and I think we could have a blast making it a Star Wars slumber party!

So that's one for sure!

...Kurt?... :)

*Derisa*

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I am very interested in a trip over. I am open to any of the above options just need to know ahead of time which one so I can arrange the proper finances.

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    As soon as things are finalized with OBI-DAN and "the powers that be", I'll let you know of which day and time we're looking at.

Derisa, I'm assuming you'll be bringing Kelson, yes? That makes 4 Victory Base folks so far. Any more out there? I really need to know soon...

- Rani

5. obi-wan_kurtnobi

obi-wan_kurtnobi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey all long time since I've poked my nose in these particular woods. What can I say I'm in, the chance to see Star Wars on a forum of that size is too great to be passed up. However while I wish to attend with all of you I will probably attempt to make my own arrangments for travel and so forth my frequent trips to vancouver are often used for multiple business however keep me posted on what you guys decide so that I can secure a seat in van, bus, hotel, whatever so that I can spend the maximum amount of time basking in the glory that is star wars. Plus I miss all you out there in forum land and look forward to the oppurtunity of seeing you all agian. Kurt

6. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Hope you all can make it!

~ Vancouver FanForce Friend

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Thanks, Azeria, we're working on it! :)

Rani is in the process of sizing up tucket prices and departure times, but we need firm yea or nays for the 2:15 pm showing, Saturday the 2 of November. Please post here, and let us know for sure if you can take the day trip over to Tipoca City, to see Attack of the Clones as a six storey tall, surround sound IMAX experience...

And help our very own Sionnach Dearg celebrate her quarter century! :) (Cake's on me!)

*Derisa*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.