main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Commercials: Official Reaction Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by PaulBannister, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    OH Man, that's cool! TF.N put the link up to download the new commercial. Don't watch it if you are spoiler picky.

Very cool!

2. Count_Draku

Count_Draku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    It seems as though the t.v. commercials are taking a much different tone than the movie trailers. This third commercial featuring Jango Fett is clearly geared towards a younger crowd. I guess it's time I accepted I might be a little too old for these films.

3. a2dmusic

a2dmusic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Bear in mind this trailer was seen on Nickelodeon, a kids-oriented network. They may be aiming different ads at different groups on different networks/programs.

4. Count_Draku

Count_Draku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Ahh, I see your point. I liked the images from the commercial, at any rate. Especially Obiwan fighting Jango with his fists.

5. Tedakin_Skywalker

Tedakin_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    The final shot in the new Jango trailer is intense.

6. Qey Santim

Qey Santim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 1999
    Oooooh! I like that one! And guess what? No dialogue. :)

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I honestly fail to see the childish aspect of this commercial. Perhaps because I can't get past the incredible shots shown here.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The fist fight shot was a little awkward/slow looking, but otherwise, a very awesome commercial! - it may have taken 22 years, but we've finally gotten to see that mandalorian flame thrower in action!::D

9. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    I can't wait to see Obi pummel him in the fist fight. Woot!

10. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    The Jango commercial rocked! It's designed to show that Jango is a kick ass walking arsenal and it does it's job well. If this get kids excited then so be it. I too, can fell the kid in me getting excited after watching it. :D

Btw, I loved Jango's "DIALOGUE" in the Jedi commercial "Always a pleasure to meet a jedi" Great deleivery! Jango Fett rocks!

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Anyone else notice that the tip of Jango's blaster (in the shot where he seems to be firing at Mace) is missing for the first 2 frames but then magically appears?

12. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    The final shot in the Jango commercial was sweet. See Yoda in the bottom of the screen? Cool stuff.

13. ArtificialStupidity

ArtificialStupidity Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2002
    After reading this thread through, there is one factor I am not able to understand. Why are you speaking about dialogue that does not fit into Star Wars without first considering the possibility of a good reference when in context, or the fact that the Original Trilogy - which you are basing your belief of a correct Star Wars dialogue upon - might have been riddled with cheesy lines? I do not want to sound aggressive - I am just confused.

Yes, I was disappointed by The Phantom Menace. But, the movie was not ruined by script, dialogue nor acting. It was the overall lack of atmosphere that plagued the movie. This hopefully has been corrected in Attack of the Clones - and if judging from the three TV-spots that have been released, it just might be so. Star Wars Episode II is destined to go beyond my expectations.

"This Party is Over". It might not be poetical, nor epic - but it represents real life. We tend to shoot 'cheesy' lines.

14. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Man, the new Jango commerical is very sweet.

I dig the music, which is from the AOTC soundtrack and I dig the way it was set up. Like "High Impact Armor", "Short Range Blasters", "Missle Equipped Jetpack", "Bounty Hunter", mixed in with images of action scenes for each line.

Sweet.

15. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    That last shot is awesome!!!

16. slavegirl

slavegirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Wow, that is a rather wonderful trailer! :D

17. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The music is awesome in it, I can't wait to get the soundtrack (I only downloaded a couple of the songs).

That last scene is intense. And when Obi-Wan is punching him, it looks like Jango is just taking it.

18. Obi-Kedobi

Obi-Kedobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    the new australian footage rocks to. When Jango uses his jetpack and is firing at Obi-Wan its amazing.

19. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Mogook: of COURSE Jango's just taking it, he's got "high impact armor"!

;)

20. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    great commercial! exciting stuff! but my fear is that Lucas will pull a darth maul with jango (meaning we just saw ALL of his footage in AOTC) I know no one can really answer me that question without some kind of spoiling, but it is a concern after feeling a little burned by Maul's 6 or 7 minutes in TPM. The marketing campaign really pushed Maul and it seems like they are really pushing Jango this time.

Lono

21. Javeryt

Javeryt Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    OMG!! I've read these boards for over a year now, and only after watching the third tv spot and the Aussie footage have I felt the need to post! The new footage is so awesome!! It has me so pumped, I can't concentrate on anything!! I'm relatively spoiler free, so I know little to nothing about the plot, I've only watched the trailers and the australian footage, since I figured they are showing it on TV here soon. Great footage, especially the australian stuff!!

P.S. I thought Samuel's line was really great!! And there are alot of corny lines in the OT, but the only one that REALLY bugs me every time I see it: "I was going to toshi station to pick up some power converters!" It cuts through me like a knife!

22. Master_Kloon

Master_Kloon Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Wait a minute lono....this is all the footage of Jango?!?!? How would you be knowing this? And I never knew Darth Maul was overmarketed.....me confused?

23. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    lono is hoping this isn't all the footage.

24. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm just speculating. I don't know how much cool jango moments there are in AOTC..

Darth Maul was over marketed. His face was on all of the action figures boxes, merchandizing etc. and then it turned out he was in the movie for like 6 minutes. The marketing gave the impression that he would be a major player in the movie.

Lono

25. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I don't think so, lono. Of course, I could be dead wrong, but I think that Jango is a central character in AOTC and the Clone Wars. Unlike Maul, who was just a pawn. He served no real purpose other than to be Sideous's current apprentice. Jango seems to be much more important in the grand scale of things, and I believe we will see much of him in the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.