main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Commercials: Official Reaction Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by PaulBannister, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    >>> I don't think so, lono. Of course, I could be dead wrong, but I think that Jango is a central character in AOTC and the Clone Wars. Unlike Maul, who was just a pawn. He served no real purpose other than to be Sideous's current apprentice. Jango seems to be much more important in the grand scale of things, and I believe we will see much of him in the film. <<< Queenie amidala

...this is off topic but dont say maul was a pawn...he was not a pawn...he was sidious' apprentice...not his "current apprentice"...i dont think maul was expendable...

2. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    has it already been posted where one can download these commercials?

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Go to theforce.net. They have links for all the commercials. The links are listed on the left of the Episode II page I think.

4. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...the only commercial ive seen is jango fett...the others links dont work well for me...that sucks..

5. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    They all worked for me. Keep trying. There could be a lot of people downloading them right now.

6. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I really like the new AOTC commercials. The music is cool, the cuts are good, and it really is a pretty fun way to reinteroduce (or introduce, in the case of Fett) the players in this production.

One thing really has me puzzled, though:
    "CRYSTAL LIGHTSABER(s)"

On the Obi-Wan and Anakin teasers, they both refer to "Crystal Lightsaber(s)" as their equipment. This is the first time, to my knowledge (in EU or OT/E1) that Lightsabers have ever been referred to as anything other then just that. I know all Lightsabers contain one or more focusing crystals (or do they?), so why the whole "Crystal" bit at the beginning?

Or, is this a question that requires a spoiler to answer (not interested in that case!)?

-Matt "The Stampede"

7. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am not sure about the Crystal Lightsaber. I bet it does involve a spoiler though

8. jimbobfella

jimbobfella Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2002
    just got to put my two pence in -

just HOW GOOD is the trailer with Jango Fett???????
    The music and the shots amazed me - especially the flamethrower bit. It made me giggle and squeal like a girl
    The others are good as well
    Im totally sold now - my fears have been put to rest - Episode II will now, oficially, kick ass

9. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I think the Jango commerical was the best. I just liked how it went silent, and then cuts to Jango with the flamethrower. Just the silence suddenly ended by the sound of an engulfing flame. And then you see that Gunship explode. You can see Yoda in the bottom center of the screen, he sways a little from the turbulence.

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    TF.N is reporting on another commerical, this one featuring the Clone Troopers. The individual that saw the commerical and sent in the report said that he caught the end by he still saw some new footage. Hopefully we'll be able to download it later tonight.

11. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey jayme_, your wish came true. There's a Padme commerical now. It's not up for download yet though.

12. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    "You call this diplomatic resolution?"

"I call this aggresive negotiaion."

Aha! Cool!

Thanks for the confirmation, Mogook. Will this make me watch Cartoon Network? Unfortunatley, I believe so.

13. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    So, now I'm hearing there is a Mace one, as well.

That's Clone Troopers, Padme, and Mace...and none are up for download yet. :(

I want to see them!

14. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    Maybe there´ll be a Dooku commercial ?
    "profession : Count Sith lord mofo"
    or something...

15. bleh19

bleh19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2001
  16. Nrf-Hrdr

Nrf-Hrdr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2000
    Hold the papers: Natalie Portman in energetic Star Wars line delivery shocker!

17. jimbobfella

Apr 20, 2002
  18. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Rock on, bleh. Thanks for the link, I probably wouldn't have seen it for a while.

That "agressive negotiations" part is awesome. Alright, I have to admit, I'm back to battling with Obi-Wan and Padme as my favorite character. Oh, the conflict...

19. jimbobfella

Apr 20, 2002
    I keep watching the Padme trailer - look at Padme in the final scene - look at the bloodlust in her eyes!! Like shes ready to get medieval on someones ass!! Nostrils flared and everything....

20. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I'm not joking when I say this.

That last line in the Padme commercial is the single best Star Wars moment I have seen in AOTC so far. The shades of Leia there were so clear that it literally took me back to one of her exchanges with Han in the OT.

As someone said, when Natalie wants to she can deliver a little attitude. Too bad that's the only line so far (in either TPM or AOTC) that I have seen that she was allowed to do that.

21. Dayda_Amidala

Dayda_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    I think she delivered that line perfectly. What a change from TPM, eh?

22. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    Agreed. That line wasn't the best WRITTEN, but PERFORMED? Simply spectacular. Reminded me of Leia.

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    It was awesome! I can't wait to see that scene. Only 3 weeks!

SO SWEET!

24. bleh19

bleh19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2001
  25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks bleh! Gonna download once I finish getting the Padme one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.