main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Commercials: Official Reaction Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by PaulBannister, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

I haven't seen the ATS music video, so I was wondering if any of the footage in these tv spots are featured in ATS as well?

~PAd

2. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    Most of ATS music video is rehashed from the film trailers, but it has a couple small scenes. Plus, it's cool to see footage from all the trailers in one shot.

Oh, and at the very beginning of the music video there is a scene with Obi-Wan in the nightclub. It's pretty funny.

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 29, 2001
    My god, the Clonetroopers commercial nearly killed me. Is it possible that George has created something on par with ANH and ESB? And how is he going to fit all of this into two hours? There's too much, too much! :eek:

But I have a question. What's the difference between a Crystal Lightsaber and an Electrum Lightsaber? Anyone? Is it just that the latter is purple? Surely not. ?[face_plain]

4. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I've heard of some interesting speculation concerning that question over in SA.

5. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

This could very well be the most exciting movie I have ever seen. I don't mean, just the most exciting installment of the entire saga. I mean of ALL TIME!!

~PAd

6. Darth_Darren

Darth_Darren Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    None of them will work on my computer! Why not? I click on the commercials and nothing but a blank screen pops up.

Help, please.

7. Uncle Owen

Uncle Owen Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 1999
    The electrum just refers to the gold plating on Mace's lightsaber hilt. All the lightsabers are crystal.

8. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Holy Jeepers, those commercials are so frickin cool. And they kept getting better. I finally downloaded the Clonetroopers one, too. The shots are so amazing. I'm definately going to have to watch this movie a few times on the big screen.

Isurus

9. Dionysus

Dionysus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 29, 2001
    Oh, so electrum just refers to the gold plating? Hmm. I suppose that the plating is just a signification of Mace's rank within the Jedi Order.

Was the speculation you heard in the spoiler forum also along these lines, Queenie? Of course, don't provide any details! ;)

10. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, I don't hang out in the spoiler forum, but someone who does was telling me about it some. But, yeah, that is basically what he told me...because I wouldn't let him go into any more detail about lightsaber speculation. :)

11. Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi

Sumbudy-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow. I didn't think they could top the Tone Poems of TPM. Those were unique. But the Profession spots are amazing. We have Padme showing some Leia spunk, clone troopers totally validating the name of the flick, plus it looks as though the two baddest Jedi in the galaxy, Obi-Wan and Mace, are even badder than we thought. Shut yo mouth!

They all have an exciting feel to 'em and should pump just about anyone up to see the movie.

12. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...i just woke up...have any of the commercials run during the ESB tele broadcast yet...anybody know...

13. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    They ran the Doritos one. They also had the Connections video featuring the Fetts at the beginning. You can see more about that one at the Official Site.

14. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...cool...hopefully theyll run some of the other ones...

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    The final shot in the clonetroopers commercial is incredible. May 16th, get here right now!!!

16. Dayron_Fett

Dayron_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    ...The Full Biggs/Luke Scene? I've watched the Special Edition New Hope... I've never seen that scene. Where is it?!

17. Count_Draku

Count_Draku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    They inserted a Biggs and Luke scene into the end of the film before Luke gets into his X-wing. This, of course, is different to the Biggs/Luke scene taking place on Tatooine which has never been incorporated into the film.

18. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I don't like those profession spots. Jango was OK, because 'bounty hunter' qualifies as a profession for me. But Chosen One? Droid? How come those are professions? And why do they have to tell us that equipment stuff? This time they seem to rely on the moving picture to lure in the masses, not the quality. Maybe to avoid criticism when AOTC wouldn't have the depth of the ads.

But I liked the footage, although most of the CGI stuff is too CGI. Maybe they should have kept the movie in the studios for another year of hard work, so that the effects would look more realistic.

19. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    BTW, didn't they repeat the music a bit too often? I saw six of the trailers yesterday after coming home from the university, and most of them had the same music - even the same cue, I believe!

20. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "This time they seem to rely on the moving picture to lure in the masses, not the quality."

I am confused by your statement. Aren't these commercials for a motion picture? Exactly what would you like to see the advertising department do? ?[face_plain]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

21. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Grey1:

John Williams' uses the leitmotif method of scoring, which means that he often REPEATS music in different situations. So no, I don't have a problem with musical repitition, particularly in 30 second trailers.

22. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    I just noticed something even more amazing in the Mace Jedi Master commercial, than what I thought earlier. In the "Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace and Yoda gunship scene", there is a reason Yoda is just standing there with no care in the world. Believe it or not, Yoda's using some kind of "Force" Field to protect himself!!! You can see right after Mace lift's his lightsaber up to block, Yoda is struck by a red lazer bolt which suddenly disintegrates! If you want an exact time to analyze it, it's from seconds 15-16. For a split second, you can clearly see a faint white aura fade in and out around Yoda! :D At first I thought it might have been smoke from all the lazer fire, specially the clone trooper to the right of him, but no it's definitely a force field emitted by Yoda. Check it out, tell me what you think? If true, WOOOOOOOW!

23. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    How DENSE are you Mace Windy?

LFL is using both moving picture AND sound to advertise their movie! Clearly the moving pictures and the sound are meant to distract us from the poor quality of the film itself.

I often see production companies try to advertise their movies using visuals and audio content. Those slick, sly producers. Can't trust em.

;)

24. Darth Serious

Darth Serious Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 1999
    Been a while since I've posted, but was moved to sound off on how GREAT those last couple shots of the Clonetrooper spot looked, starting with the "shaky" shot of the clonetroopers in the transport window. I'm not a big fan of CG, but for some reason, when you put a little bit of documentary-like shakiness into an effects shot like that, I buy it 100%. And the two following shots of the stormtroopers laying down a hail of laserfire... why does it look so good? I don't even know, but it does!

I've actually been (and remain) somewhat skeptical towards Episode II, but the clonetrooper spot was the first one to get my blood pumping. Shades of THX-1138, perhaps. Maybe Lucas is getting back to his roots?

25. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    I never thought of the comparisson to THX before - especially Boba(?) at the controls and the helmet collection scene.
    I have to say though, I don't like the shaky-cam zoom, but it goes well with the last shots, you really get the feeling of a blizzard or something.

Also, I not convinced that Yoda is making a force field, but if so, do you think that Dooku is using a similar technique with Obi in the other trailers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.