main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ AOTC Competitions

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok, here's a thread just for informing your fellow NZ fanforcers about all the Star Wars competitions that will be turning up between now and opening night.

Here's one for South Aucklanders ... though I think people elsewhere in Auckland can enter too:

http://www.manukau-libraries.govt.nz/starwars.htm

2. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    What is Darth Vader's real name?

Darth Vader. Well, it is! ;)

3. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    thats why kitt said:

Here's one for South Aucklanders ...

:p

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Looking at the entry form, it doesn't have any rules about who can and can't enter - as long as you can return the form to one of the Manukau Libraries. That means anyone in the world can enter and mail back the form. :D

5. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Not really an AotC competition as such, but it is a Star Wars one and the exhibit might have some Episode II pieces ...
    Win A family trip to the 'Star Wars: The Magic of Myth' exhibition in Sydney or a Playstation 2 console with Star Wars DVD movie & game .

Details:
    Purchase specially marked packs of 2litre Meadow Fresh & Tararua Milk, Hutton's Sausages or Lunchmeats, Meadow Fresh Yoghurt singles & Mainland Cheese. Collect 3 different Star Wars character Tokens. Enclose tokens in envelope with your name, address. Send to address on pack sticker

Note: NZ residents only.

Drawn: 28 July, 2002.

6. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I got a slip of paper for a K-mart competition when I got some AOTC toys, but I can't figure out how to enter ... I think you have to call some 0900 number.

7. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

OK, I've got the details for the above competition ...

You collect three different "tokens" (actually stickers on the packaging) from either Meadow Fresh Milk, Tararua Milk, Huttons Sausages or Luncheonmeats, Meadow Fresh Yoghurt, or Mainland cheese.

Send these in and you enter the draw to win either the family trip to the Star wars exhibit in Sydney (including $500 spending money) or one of ten PlayStation 2 consoles (including Starfighter and Episode I DVD).

PLUS ...
    if you include a cheque $3.95 with your entry they will send back 12 different Episode II collectors cards (randomly selected from a set of 18!!) and a sheet of Episode II stickers.

You can see all the details at the competition website - it's a Flash driven one, so is a little slow to load.

Looks like the Episode II "feed-athon" starts with dairy products - and there's no soft drink tie in this time around. :)

8. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I happen to like the cheese. :) It doesn't taste too bad, you just gotta get ones with pepper in it. Masks the plastic taste. :D Anyway, I went to Foodtown and there's only two kinds of stickers--Anakin and Jango. They must be 'saving' the third kind for lucky shoppers.

9. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Looking on the website ...

Yoghurt = Padmé Amidala and R2-D2

Cheese = Anakin Skywalker and Jango Fett

Sausages & Luncheon = Obi-Wan Kenobi and C-3PO

Milk = Yoda and Count Dooku

Which means, to get three different tokens for the competition and/or cards/stickers you'll need to buy at least two different products ...

... or do you? [face_devil]

10. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    In some ways I'm happy bluebird aren't doing a tie in this time. I became truly obsessed over those cards. I was in 7th form at the time ... everyday after lunch they'd be this long queue of people coming to my home room to give me cards ... most of them didn't even know me. Luckily, the teacher liked Star Wars, so she didn't care.

11. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Buzz: Looks like I had it wrong. [face_blush] I read the back of the sticker and it says two kinds of tokens for each different product--which is why I only saw the Anakin and Jango ones. And no, I don't think you need to buy anything at all. [face_mischief] If you feel bad about stealing stickers that probably *are* going down the trash anyway, 8-} just buy something and stick many other stickers on top of it. :D

12. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

Kitt327 -> did you manage to get a full set of those Bluebird cards??
    I'm missing a few and have spares of some if you want to swap some.

Lil_Lisa -> Yep, two on each different product, see my above message for characters.
    As for "borrowing" stickers ... errr, no comment. [face_devil]

13. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    enapies mum apparently has an anakin from milk...

14. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I was wrong. Anakin from cheese.

15. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I have one Anakin from cheese! :D

16. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I have lots of dookus.

17. Buzz-Bumble

Nov 27, 2000

I've now got a Jango Fett and a Yoda - just one more and I get 12 (out of the 18) cards and some stickers. :)

18. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    Buzz - I got several full sets of the red blue bird cards (medium size), didn't get all the small, or silver set, nor did I get all the large ones which came in the multi-packs.

19. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i got so sick of bluebird chips....

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Only during times of new SW movie releases do we let our guards down and show ourselves as the true geeks we are.

Continue...

21. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    I prefer Pringles. :D Or the one with the yellow packaging, I forgot what the name of the brand is.

22. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Speak for yourself, jp...

23. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    I always get cards and stuff given to me, either that or I pick them up at the market, so I never get sick of eating food products that have promotions. which is just as well, seeing as this time its milk, cheese and meat... :p

24. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    There won't be a Star Wars fan with a protein deficiency around :D

25. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    But possibly money deficiency. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.