main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Defense Force

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    I love 'em all, even though now that I'd finally be able to watch the ROTS ads without fear of spoilers, they're not showing on TV anymore, it would seem....hrmph. I call unfair on that one.... Still, to see how I'd be diving away from the TV with my eyes shut and hands over my ears every time I realized one of those ads was coming on, pre-release - it was, I suppose, quite hilarious.... ;) I do still greatly enjoy going over the AOTC ads, too, certainly (and the TPM ones, natch....oh, everything I can get my hands on, truly!) - they really are fabulous to fire up one's enthusiasm still more white-hot, fervent and passionate....I'll tell you, after watching TPM and AOTC, then the ads, it would leave me totally bouncing-off-the-walls rarin' for ROTS....no more effective way to get completely buzzed and energized, I imagine. :D

Dawn.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    You can watch the ROTS ones for free on starwars.com. ;)

3. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oh, I know....and believe you me, I've done plenty of that ever since the premiere.... ;) Constantly goin' back there for more little, hold-me-over ROTS fixes in between viewings....those are some truly fabulous commercials, though, for sure - really compelling and quite emotional, though that's only to be expected....considering. :) Promos and trailers and commercial spots, oh my....a positive pirate's haul of riches, that's how it strikes me....and that's also why I deem them quie essential for getting through that time 'twixt the theatrical release - or at least, when it's....gone.... *cry* *sob* *in total denial* ....and, of course, the DVD release. :) Hey, one has to cope *somehow*....

Dawn.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yah I saw the ROTS ones too... never saw em on TV, only saw em on the website.

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I only saw two or three of them on TV, but that was because I didn't really have time to watch TV much during the leadup. I had crazy amounts of homework and such to do, plus track practice.

6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I have a Replay so I skip commercials. :cool:

7. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    Just a brief visit here too to say that Obi-Wan busting through that window (from he didn't know or care how many kilometers up!) was one of my fav scenes. He was thrilling!

8. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    It's about then that I think one starts to wonder just how much Anakin's impetuousness has really rubbed off on him.... ;) I mean, Obi-Wan's not standing around thinking of the potential consequences of his actions - he doesn't seem the least bit fazed by the fact that they're many kilometres high in the air - he just takes one swift look at the hovering droid and, zoom, just charges right out the window without so much as a by-your-leave. It's only a Jedi that we'd see doing such things, of course, but more to the point....one is inclined to think that perhaps, oh, just *perhaps* - he's picked up more from Anakin than even *he* consciously realizes. And I find that hugely delightful.... :D Indeed, considering how Anakin just charged right out of there, grabbed a speeder and shot off in hot pursuit, just leaped right into action like that - one also suspects that maybe it's not the first time Obi-Wan's done something like this.... ;) Aaahhh, what a team, eh? *chuckling*

Dawn.

9. Anapad Nabooine

Jun 19, 2005
    There's Qui-Dawn! *waves*

Anakin's leap out of the speeder was an act of the same caliber, huh? I saw them both as being brave and self-sacrificially impetuous. :D

10. Sekotian_Jedi

Sekotian_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    And to think: If Anakin had just missed Zam's speeder by a foot how the Republic could have been saved in the long run...

11. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    I know it's 3 years later, but can I join?

12. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *gleefully hugs Anapad* Indeed, here I am....just like always. :D The proverbial team of wild banthas couldn't be dragging me away, rest assured....

Oh, and - yes, you're quite right about Anakin's completely confident leap from the speeder; there Obi-Wan is, just starting in on some more reprimands, and when Anakin sees the opportunity passing by thousands of feet below him - no worries about how Obi-Wan might take it, that's a concern for another time, he just bids a polite farewell and jumps out....easy as anything ;) - as though he's just hopping five feet to the ground, instead of plummeting thousands upon thousands of feet to land on a speeder going full-bore with an assassin in the cockpit. :) Most definitely that's just Anakin for ya.... *chuckling* ....and of course, considering Obi-Wan's long-suffering remark of, "I *hate* it when he does that!" - well, clearly this wasn't the first time by a *long* shot that Anakin has just jumped out first and asked questions later. I'd say that it may seem a reckless thing to do, from Obi-Wan's vantage point, but hey - *he* was the one who just dove through a window to grab hold of a probe droid! :)

Oh, yeah, I'd just love to hear Obi-Wan trying to chastise Anakin about that leap from the speeder, maybe attempting to brand him "foolhardy" or "reckless", "acting without thought", that sorta thing....and Anakin, meanwhile, would just give him that especial *look*, maybe raise an eyebrow, and point out that Obi-Wan was the one who started that little escapade by jumping out a window first....and stopping to think later. So technically, wouldn't Obi-Wan then be the more reckless and initially thoughtless one? ;) From that "certain point of view", you see....well....maybe. At the very least, maybe bringing that up might stop Obi-Wan in mid-scolding....probably very much a "D'oh!" moment on his part, too, when he realizes it. ;) Still, the fact that both of 'em will do such things, take such risks - yet with complete and utter confidence, no hint of doubt or fear....just a complete surety that it'll work, because it *has* to - because they're Jedi, and the Force is their ally....

....well, now, no question that they really are very well-suited for the finely-honed team they've got goin' there....none better out there, period, as I see it. :) Of course, if you tried telling 'em that maybe they are rather similar in some ways....don't you just wonder what their reactions might be....I can already envision that high, cocked eyebrow of Obi-Wan's quite clearly, just as I can the very unique, you've-got-to-be-kidding-me reaction that would doubtless be Anakin's. :) Then again, they might both be kinda flattered by it, who knows....it *is* quite a compliment, actually, and I'm sure they'd end up taking it as such. Just goes to show what a finely-matched team they really are.... :D

Dawn.

13. Anapad Nabooine

Jun 19, 2005
    After RotS I get the impression that during some of his and Anakin's missions together, Obi-Wan probably surpassed his padawan in such acts but still dislikes when Anakin performs them b/c he's protective of his li'l scrapper. :D

14. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *giggles* Oh, for sure....a real joy to see, at least for as long as he had the gumption to keep up with it. :) And then, too, I think it's also likely that Anakin's especial exploits have been the main thing accounting for Obi-Wan's new greying hairs....because if ever anything would do it, well, surely watching his friend diving out of speeders and engaging in daring, wild aerial, life-or-death maneuvers would be it.... ;) Who knows, maybe at one point Obi-Wan (foolishly) thought Anakin might outgrow those unique tactics....when, of course, all that ended up happening was that Obi actually started acting more and more like his freespirited, impetuous friend....maybe not *enough* in the end, of course, but hey - it's just refreshing to see Anakin's attitudes and inclinations rubbing off on Obi-Wan to at least *some* small extent. All hope is not yet lost, if *that* can happen, I mean.... :)

Dawn.

15. Anapad Nabooine

Jun 19, 2005
    Troops, I know AOTC rocks! That's why I'm posting here. :D

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I have been noticing an increase in the hits AOTC takes on the JC since ROTS came out. I just don't get why people don't like this film.

17. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I haven't noticed that....then again, I don't really go anyplace else. :) This thread, and the TPM one, and the Love Story thread, and a couple others....that's pretty much it, for me....those are the safe havens, so I do believe that'll be where I stay from now on. :D Why go anywhere else when we have *here*....where we *know* that AOTC is most certainly respected, and appreciated, and where it's an ironclad, indisputable *fact* that people get it....because, of course - we *do*! :D

Dawn.

18. Sekotian_Jedi

Sekotian_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Well it could do with what these people call "sub-par acting", "too much CGI" and "way too much battles"

But if you ask me, who has just rewatched AotCs, it was very well pulled off for a movie centering around politics and mystery, two things not normally done to such thick degrees in the OT.

After rewatching AotCs with the info from RotS, I can see more of Palpatines evil plan and how it unfolded with such covertness that even the wise jedi didn't see it.

I loved the way GL actually made the Jedi more normal people in this movie: they made mistakes, they were arrogent, and saw things from only one side in several instences...

my only gripe was that some of the battle scenes were unnessisary (like the clones shooting into the dust) and should have been scrapped.

The CGI was pulled off magnifisently (including the virtual characters like Dexter and CGI Obi-wan)...true you could occationaly see a tiny, unnoticable outline of green/blue screen around a character's head, but it was unnoticable unless I focused on it.

And I just thought the Younglings were so cute... :D

19. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Can I join?

20. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Oooohhh, I *love* that scene, in the very thick of battle on the ground, after the Separatist ship has crashed....all that dust kicked up everywhere, so thick you can practically taste the grit on your tongue, and in the midst of this - blinding flashes of deadly light, the clones and the droids relentlessly marching forth to close with each other. It's carnage in the swirling sand and dust, and with the flashes of blasterfire illuminating the cloud....I just find it eerily beautiful, and certainly very physically *real*, of course. I've always found that it very much gives me the feeling of being right *there*, in the thick of it, tasting grit and sand kicked up in the air, smelling the ozone and ionized gas from discharged weapons....oh, I so love it, and I've always found it quite jaw-droppingly, mesmerizingly fascinating! No, really, I do.... ;)

It definitely brings home the gritty, no-holds-barred, visceral, and very physical reality of that ground war already being fiercely waged....tumultuous, chaotic, furious, unrelenting - the very definition of war, I do believe. Certainly it goes to the very core of what the Clone Wars were, no question....certainly as they were waged on worlds, in pitched battles, just like this one. Really goes to the heart of the matter, that's what I find.... :)

Dawn.

21. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Strilo, I am ready to face the trials.

22. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I wanna be in, I wanna face the trails.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    *summons his apprentice*

24. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Bah! You didn't inform me that I was in charge of these people too. :p

I'll send ya'll PMs tonight with various tasks to complete. :)

25. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Missions have been sent. My apologies for the delay, yesterday was a bad day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.