main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Defense Force

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Yah he was forced to watch AOTC like three times. Awful. Poor soul. :p

P.S. Get a real OS. :D

2. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    AOTC Defenders! Thank you for answering the call to this worthy vocation. =D=

Remember, the Force will be with you...always. :)

3. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    First of all....Page 8?????

BUMP!!

OK. My assignment from jedi_master_ousley: I want you to pick three scenes from AOTC that you felt showed the true beginnings of Anakin's turn to the dark side, and briefly explain why you chose each scene.

OK,

1. The scenes in Padme's apartment when Ani and Obi Wan are assigned to protect her. It is immediately apparent from Anakin's actions and words that he is concerned only with the following: impressing Padme, protecting Padme, and getting any form of attention from Padme. It gets so bad that he has to be lectured publicly as well as privately by Obi-Wan. His priorities are clearly out of balance. Also, he is continually focusing on the negative in this scene. Nightmares, his mother, & Padme not recognizing him.

2. The picnic scene. Here we get a glimpse into Anakin's political views. He expresses his dissatisfaction with the state of republic politics and he jokes that a dictatorship would not necessarily be bad..."if it works." Although this is said in jest, it's obviously indicative of Anakin's true feelings to an extent. He also says that people should "be made to" agree. This line of thinking ultimately contributes to his false idea that he has brought peace to his Empire when he becomes drunk with power in Sith.

3. Shmi's funeral. The dialogue in this scene is brilliant, and very much reflects Anakin's selfishness and tunnel vision. Although he is dismayed and crushed by the loss of his mother, he does not speak her praises at the funeral. Instead he talks only of himself..."I failed" "I miss you" "I wasn't strong enough to save you." He is unable to deal with the natural occurrence of loss. He only searches for and promises that he will avert it in the future.

I left out the Tusken slaughter simply because it's obvious, and I think the more subtle points of Anakin's descent are worth closer examination.

Hopefully a proud member of the AOTC Defense Force soon,

WCleere

4. ArthurClavin

ArthurClavin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 23, 2003
    Maybe I'd like to join in too.

AC

5. wcleere

Aug 12, 2002
    Bumping again...hoping for review of my assignment.

[face_peace]

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Excellent work, and my apologies for the delay! wcleere joines as Shadow 7!

AOTC Defense Force

Jedi Squadron:
    -------------

Jedi 1 / Jedi Leader: Strilo (Commander)
    Jedi 2: padmeamidala55 (Colonel)
    Jedi 3: Count_Saruman_1138 (Lieutenant)
    Jedi 4: PloKoon1138 (Commodore)
    Jedi 5: MMG229 (Lieutenant)
    Jedi 6: Arra (Major)
    Jedi 7: Yuuzhan_Vong_Warrior (Major)
    Jedi 8: JediProphet (Captain)
    Jedi 9: Ariella (Ensign)
    Jedi 10: jess-ty (Lieutenant)
    Jedi 11: YouAgain (Lieutenant)
    Jedi 12: Obi-Gon_Jinnobi (Captain)

Echo Squadron:
    -------------

Echo 1 / Echo Leader: Gay-LenKenobi (Commander)
    Echo 2: SLAVE2 (Commodore)
    Echo 3: Ki-Obi_Windu (Ensign)
    Echo 4: darth_boy (Lieutenant)
    Echo 5: DarthTunick (Commodore)
    Echo 6: JediMasterAaron (Colonel)
    Echo 7: Nismo1223 (Lieutenant)
    Echo 8: Rogue_Squad_Leader- (Major)
    Echo 9: Gorin_Zachian (Captain)
    Echo 10: Emi-Yan_Tetu (Ensign)
    Echo 11: The_Mighty_Chewbacca (Lieutenant)
    Echo 12: Quinlain_Vos (Lieutenant)

Rogue Squadron:
    --------------

Rogue 1 / Rogue Leader: Lukecash (Commander)
    Rogue 2: QuiGonTim (Major)
    Rogue 3: Iwishiwasajedi (Major)
    Rogue 4: deltron_zero (Commodore)
    Rogue 5: Malthus (Major)
    Rogue 6: Jedi_Master_Radagast (Ensign)
    Rogue 7: PEZman4 (Commodore)
    Rogue 8: Padawan915 (Colonel)
    Rogue 9: SithLord_Kobayashi (Ensign)
    Rogue 10: sethworld (Colonel)
    Rogue 11: Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa (Commodore)
    Rogue 12: MexChewie (Ensign)

Bravo Squadron:
    --------------

Bravo 1 / Bravo Leader: Oakessteve (Commander)
    Bravo 2: Vaderbait (Admiral)
    Bravo 3: JFettG (Major)
    Bravo 4: Kenobi217 (Major)
    Bravo 5: Fat_Fett (Major)
    Bravo 6: Leto II (Major)
    Bravo 7: IfAnakinLikedJazz (Captain)
    Bravo 8: Darth_Yorrick (Lieutenant)
    Bravo 9: Queenie Amidala (Admiral)
    Bravo 10: Jedi_jem (Captain)
    Bravo 11: UrbanJedi (Lieutenant)
    Bravo 12: Darth_Overlord (Major)

Avenger Squadron:
    --------------

Avenger 1 / Avenger Leader: Ben Kenobi (Commander)
    Avenger 2: Pooja (Captain)
    Avenger 3: Jedi76 (Lieutenant)
    Avenger 4: Zanath (Lieutenant)
    Avenger 5: Padawan92 (Major)
    Avenger 6: Jedi_Benji (Commodore)
    Avenger 7: DarthBone7686 (Ensign)
    Avenger 8: Darth_Scarlet (Ensign)
    Avenger 9: Darth_OlsenTwins (Colonel)
    Avenger 10: Slave-2 (Lieutenant)
    Avenger 11: YoungPadawanLearner (Lieutenant)
    Avenger 12: stubobcats (Ensign)

Renegade Squadron:
    --------------

Renegade 1 / Renegade Leader: Radiohead (Commander)
    Renegade 2: Maul5 (Major)
    Renegade 3: TC517 (Captain)
    Renegade 4: SWfan2002 (Major)
    Renegade 5: TheDarkSkull (Lieutenant)
    Renegade 6: darthevil (Ensign)
    Renegade 7: Adi_Gallia_9 (Commodore)
    Renegade 8: masterPloKoon-6981 (Ensign)
    Renegade 9: The_Abstract (Captain)
    Renegade 10: DarthTerrious (Admiral)
    Renegade 11: Macewindu77815 (Major)
    Renegade 12: KosmicKnine (Colonel)

Delta Squadron:
    --------------

Delta 1 / Delta Leader: Slavegirl (Commander)
    Delta 2: odj_310388 (Major)
    Delta 3: ExarKun2004 (Ensign)
    Delta 4: anidanami124 (Admiral)
    Delta 5: Jedi_Satimber (Admiral)
    Delta 6:
    Delta 7: AERYN_SUN (Major)
    Delta 8: Jacen_Skylander (Ensign)
    Delta 9: Sophita (Colonel)
    Delta 10: JediMasterEllic_Kier (Captain)
    Delta 11: Qui-Dawn (Colonel)
    Delta 12: Darth_Sprocket (Captain)

Wraith Squadron:
    --------------

[colo

7. wcleere

Aug 12, 2002
    1 month without a post. It's lonely in Clonesville. [face_whistling]

I was reading an old PT thread about a re edit of AOTC, and I was wondering if anyone (who likes the film) has put together a version with the deleted scenes added back. I'm thinking of doing this, and I'd like to hear any thoughts, ideas, experiences on the subject.

8. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, now, *that* idea I certainly find much more palatable, tolerable and generally on the right track than that abysmal, appalling, and downright insulting "Phantom Edit" business.... *violently shudders, sickened by the whole thing* Utterly reprehensible, they are....real anathema marantha to any genuine, passionate fan, as I see it. Brrrrrr.... However, I must say that *your* idea is certainly an experiment that one can approve of, and be genuinely interested in, that much more....because it'd be done out of actual understanding and appreciation of, and love *for*, the story and the characters, and for Uncle GL's work. In other words, it seems clear to me that what you're proposing, this notion you've had, would be done for all the *right* reasons....and that would be truly refreshing, I must say! :D

Dawn.

9. wcleere

Aug 12, 2002
    Indeed. Being that these scenes were cut mainly for pacing and time, it would not be inappropriate to add them back for personal enjoyment. Unlike the so called "Edit", this experiment would exist only to augment the film, not to recreate it in an image of one's choosing.

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I actually would like to make an edit of the film with a few scenes put back in. Sometime I will figure out how to work with DVD video and 5.1 sound in Final Cut Pro and then I will do it. :)

11. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Just popping in 'cause I am kinda bored, and find you discussing the subject of a version of AOTC with all deleted scenes back in. :D
    I actually made one of those myself, requested by a member of these boards. I haven't seen the movie entirely yet, because I am still having some problems with codecs and stuff, but I am looking forward to see how the movie will flow, and how it will change my perception of the story and characters. :)

12. lord_S

lord_S Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    I want to join!
    I just loved AOTC my favorite movie next to ROTS
    I really liked the Padmé and Anakin scenes and the begin of the war

13. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I love AOTC! Defense, defense! =D= In fact, I love all the SW films.

14. wcleere

Aug 12, 2002
    Strilo and Tatooine_Fireman,

Without being too technical (as this is not Fan Films) I've found it nearly impossible to rip and edit existing DVD/mpeg files. I'm going to do my edit by capturing the video from a DVD player as DV avi, then ripping the 5.1 track from the DVD (which can be done using most shareware ripping apps).

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yah when I have more time, probably when I return to America and my dual G4 machine, I will look more into how to do this...

16. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Great to see the ranks update again. :)

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Hmm ... must have missed this one ... I already asked to join the TPM defense force, and I like Clones better ... so I should ask to join this one, too!

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    OK! Finally an update. Sorry to take so long! Ousley and I have both been crazy busy. lord_S and DarthIntegral you will both be given missions. Once these are completed to Ousley or my satisfaction, you may join. :)

19. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Strillo, I am already a member of the TPMDF, and I wish to join the AOTCDF. So I am prepared to do the task you send me. Thanks.

20. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    May I join? I hate it when people rip on AOTC which I really like!

21. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I love AOTC....far as I'm concerned, it's perfect, it's right, and it *fits*....it's the vision of the Saga's creator, it's precisely what it's meant to be....and it *works*, absolutely - and I love it. I have *always* loved it, and truly, deeply enjoyed it....and it only makes me ever more happy, too, as time goes by....and I only continue to discover new, fascinating, intriguing, subtle and amazing things about it....nuances and interpretations and considerations, and so forth, and of course it only continues to have even greater meaning and import now as ever it has....at least, that's certainly my reckoning of it, and of course I know I can't possibly be alone in that. ;) I love my AOTC....it is just as it should be, because it is what it *is*, now, pure and simple....because it's what the Saga's creator intended, what he wanted to see realized, how *he* wanted it all to fit together and to develop....and so it has.

It's intriguing and powerful, emotional and endlessly fascinating, and *completely* inspiring, of course, in simply *every* possible way....and I love it. I have always loved my AOTC....I truly, deeply enjoy it, always have - and it only continues to make me *so* very happy.... :D Just wanted to share that....at least in what I'm sure is a fairly sympathetic audience around these parts 'ere. ;) Some things just need to be expressed, at least from time to time....for undoubtedly we've got to feel even better for doing so.... :)

Dawn.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Any update on when I can get that mission to join? :p

23. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *joins in gentle, affectionate upping of the thread* So-o, then, along with that....can we have another run-down as to the post counts for the various rankings....? :) Definite possibility that some of us may be in line for a promotion, I'm thinking.... ;)

Dawn.

24. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Like I said in the TPM DF, when these things go two months with no posts, is there really a reason to keep them active? We have not had an active thread for probably two years. Why keep it up? I am leaning towards retiring them.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Retiring ... then the bashers have won. :p

Perhaps the defense forces need need life? perhaps there are users who wouldn't mind joining and posting, but see 45 and 90 page threads and just don't feel like getting yelled at when they don't read every page and have a question?

Perhaps a combining of the two into a new defense thread for the few of us who still have an interest might be an alternative to retirement?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.