main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC Defense Force

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Strilo , May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Actually I would say that if the DFs are no longer needed it means that the films no longer need to be defended as they once did. I see it as the opposite, especially as I remember what the TPM forum was like in 2001.

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm actually *fairly* certain that the DF threads do still have a rightful place, and I'm rather surprised that such is in even question.... However much a great many things may have changed over these past years, after all, as the Saga has been completed with the PT - clearly, the Defense Forces are still required, if only so that people who *do* feel positively about the films can safely venture to a place where they know they will find those corresponding, empathetic positive feelings and feedback....in other words, a place where they *know* they can express themselves - instead of being completely put off by whatever other negativity they may find elsewhere. Irregardless of whether they're momentarily "hopping" now as much as they used to (and even if it is a lull, it's only a temporary one at best....that has most certainly been my experience, many times!) - well, they're still *here*....

And, thus, there still very much is that need for such a place of uniformly positive feedback and sentiment about these, our PT films....after all, *we're* still here, aren't we? :D Which means that there *is* very much a reason to keep 'em around....and I'd quite hate to see for something which is so needed, and be so very, thankfully cathartic, to be taken away....'twouldn't be fair at all, now, honestly.... :)

Dawn.

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    But look through the thread. Count the number of times they've gone months without a post. I mean there is no need for them anymore because people haven't used them in several years.

4. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, if people hadn't used them in several years, then there would be *years* without a post....correct? (and that's not proven to be the case anyway) Besides, how could it possibly be that going for a certain amount of time without a post - for *whatever* reason - automatically consigns the thread to the "useless" or "outdated" pile? Just because perhaps it's been a little quiet lately - and again, I will reiterate, maybe people don't know where to look in order to "up" the thread, maybe they can't find it after even a great deal of searching and scouring-around - well, now, that *hardly* means that there's no more use for them. Speaking as a vociferous, passionate, determined, staunch and unwavering member of this Defense Force, as I am of the TPMDF - I can say that there most certainly *does* still remain need and use for it....and it would break my heart to have that taken away, in any case....

Dawn.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Both DFs are linked in the Forum Index.

6. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Right, and now (or soon enough) people know that....perhaps they just didn't before, for whatever reason, or perhaps they didn't think of it. Irregardless, it's hardly fair to be automatically ascribing negative implications to it, e.g. presuming that the threads are "dead" or "useless" and must thus be done away with (*not* true, by the way!) - I mean, plainly put, that simply isn't helping matters any. Instead, why not try the rather more positive and encouraging tack of presuming the *best*, or those especial good intentions, of people in this case....? It's quite possible, as I have said, that folks simply did not realize the situation, like how far the threads might've fallen....but now they do....and that knowledge can very much help to make the difference here! Really, though - let's just presume the best here, shall we? Keep the threads up and just see what happens? Because I think you will be very pleasantly surprised.... :)

And again, speaking as someone who has *long* been a vociferous and passionate member of both Defense Forces....I do *not* want to see that lost, or just casually discarded or done away with. Because such would simply *not* be fair to those of us who have worked long and hard, creatively and passionately and caringly at this....it wouldn't be fair to we who love and appreciate and need our Defense Force threads....our safe havens....our sanctuaries. Especially since those seem to be in rather too short supply these days.... So, yes, suffice it to say indeed that to take away from us such places as these Defense Force threads - well, now, such an action would not only be gravely premature, but also rather rash....and, as I have mentioned....*quite* unfair....

Dawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.