main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT AOTC deleted scene

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Derek4799, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    I'm just curious I was watching the AOTC deleted scenes and does anyone else like the scene when they are at padme's house? I personally think it should of been in in the movie. Do y'all?

2. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I reckon it should have been in the movie, yeah. It makes the romance a bit more believable, and gives the characters some warmth that I found in AOTC was lacking. AOTC really got butchered in editing, it had so much more potential.
    Another good one is the extended arrival on Naboo, it's the only time Anakin really references growing up between the prequels, Anakin and Padme's characterisation could have benefited from stuff like this. The scene in Padme's bedroom is interesting, kind of adds a melancholy moment to the film.

SkywalkerJedi02 likes this.
  3. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    I agree with you. They should of developed their relationship A LOT more and not focus on the action as a whole and not take out those scenes. And the romance is it is unbelievably cheese.

4. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Is it wrong for me to think any scene in Padme's bedroom is interesting? Oh yeah, I went there.
    [face_dancing]

5. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I think Attack of the Clones simply tried to tell too much. The end result has a good balance of all the major points, but left many great scenes on the cutting room floor.

The coverage of the Anakin/Padmé relationship onscreen was adequate, but those additional scenes add much more believability to it. Though as it stands, the pacing of AOTC was iffy, and those scenes certainly wouldn't help. It's all a tradeoff.

6. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Lol I've made a similar joke that only Lucas would name a scene "Padme's bedroom" and not expect it to imply any dirty meaning.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Mr. K like this.
  7. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013
    To be honest, the scene makes me sad for Anikin in how he got friendzoned... Again [face_plain]

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  8. Derek4799

Derek4799 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2013
    Ya he gets friend zoned so many times in that movie. But congrats to him getting out. lol

9. Alessandro Sanfilippo

Alessandro Sanfilippo Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2013
    I think they should had cut all that romance out of the movie. And give the screen time to EXPLOSIONS and SAMUEL JACKSON Lines about Snakes on a Plane

10. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

Hey he spew out corny lines but he bagged himself the hottest girl in the galaxy... Fair play to the dude ^:)^

11. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    AOTC is the most personal of the PT emphasising the Saga characteristic of SW, ie: it is a story is about a family.
    I would have really loved to have had the Padme family deleted scenes added to AOTC when the DVD was released (in the way the air taxi scene was added to TPM).

12. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Yes. For the same reason I felt they should have kept the "Birth of the Rebellion" scenes in ROTS. It really humanized Padme's character more. Also felt the Biggs/Luke scenes in Anchorhead should have been kept in ANH for that same reason, but that's another topic...

13. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003

Read Tag and Bink: Revenge of the Clone Menace for an explanation of how this worked. Haha

Darth Raiden likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It was one of the more entertaining Infinities comics, yes.

15. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I would love to see this scene in the actual film. Would have helped sell the moment where Padme tells Anakin that she truly, deeply, loves him.

16. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I must confess that I love Attack of the Clones (I think I even ranked it 3rd in the Favorite to least favorite thread). That being said, I still feel some of the plot elements didn't have enough time to fully develop. The love story between Anakin & Padme could use some additional screen-time (the bedroom scene is a good example) to strengthen things out a bit. Half of the deleted scenes show Padme trying to convince herself that their relationship is strictly professional, when it really isn't. The finished movie doesn't show that, it mostly just centers on Anakin endlessley courting Padme, while not explaining her motives to stay emotionally detached. Well, just my view anyway.

And while we're on the deleted scenes subject, these are two of my favourites:
    Jedi Temple Deleted Scene
    Senate Deleted Scene

AotC should have been longer because it's dealing with the most complex plot in the saga. That's why some people don't seem to connect with it, which is definitely the result of some poor editing (and acting+CGI, though this can be debatable).
    Sticky​

17. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    I think that it should have too as it was a nice scene with Padme telling Anakin about her life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

18. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Still hoping they will release a SE of the PT with these scenes put back in.

SkywalkerJedi02 and WatTamborWoo like this.
  19. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    What do mean by se?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

20. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    The necessity of the Obi Wan scene is debatable, as pretty much all of that info is relayed again at Dex's diner, however that Senate scene really, really needed to be in the film. The conflict regarding the security bill is a great little piece of political commentary that is totally brushed over in the finished film. Also, I think less people would have complained about the senate scenes if this had been in there to give those scenes a direct, easy to follow purpose.

21. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Special Edition.

Darth Raiden and SithStarSlayer like this.
  22. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    The deleted scenes should never have been released. That's what I think.

- Luke, tell me. What's troubling you?
    - I am haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me.

/LM

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  23. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Why the heck not? I'm always particularly interested in the deleted scenes, because I want to see what was left out and what were some of the other possibilities considered by the film-makers.
    Sticky​
    @Han Burgundy
    Yeah, I agree completely. Especially about the Senate scene.

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Because once you start thinking "I wish they'd left that in", you have a problem, which is that you begin to focus on what the film isn't instead of taking it for what it is.
    AOTC could've been a thousand different things, but it ended up being what GL decided that it should be and that's where I believe the viewer's attention should remain.
    I'm sure the film would've been awesome if GL had found a satisfying way to include some of the deleted scenes (which I agree are great), but as far as I'm concerned, they should just be ignored, since they aren't in the film.

- If they haven't included you in their plot, they soon will.
    - I will not turn - and you'll be forced to kill me.

/LM

25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I do not recall that Senate scene being among the deleted scenes in the VHS (should probably also get a DVD of TPM and AotC sometime :lol: ), I thought that scene would have been really beneficial to all those other boring Senate scenes. The tongue flick with the silly rubber sound effect from Mas Amedda I could without, though.