main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC deleted scenes

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by millenniumteacher, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millenniumteacher

millenniumteacher Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    I just finished watching AOTC deleted scenes. It really gives more insight into Padme's life. You get to meet her sister, mother, father, neices. She also says that she would have liked to have started a family by now. I wish GL would have left these scenes in they are really great at telling the story of Padme and you see the family at her funeral. IF the scenes were left in you wouldn't have to guess "is that her dad?"

2. ssjd

ssjd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Her family....That would have made her look less like a one dimensional person.

It would have been cool if she was engaged by her family to some guy,then she runs off with anakin.

3. millenniumteacher

Jun 11, 2005
    Too FUnny! Her sister does say, "Padme has never brought home ONE of her boyfriends before" Then Padme says, "Oh Anakin's not my boyfriend he is here to protect me" Mom doesn't buy it though "I see how you look at him" etc.

4. Darth_Sam_Jackson

Darth_Sam_Jackson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    How old is Padme supposed to be in ROTS, cuz you looks the same age as in the TPM.... shes like the only character that does not age... anakin was a little kid in the TPM, then by the time ROTS comes out, hes the same age as her.... obi wan apparently ages 50 years in about 20 or however old luke is supposed to be

5. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    TPM - Padme 14 , Anakin 9
    AOTC - Padme 24 , Anakin 19
    ROTS - Padme 27 , Anakin 22

6. NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER

NICHOLAS_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    eh they where ok but they where very lame also. I mean those scenes seemed like they belonged in dawsons creek or something.

7. millenniumteacher

Jun 11, 2005
    shes like the only character that does not age

Well DarthSL I have to tell you I am 31 years old and I still get carded regularly. She has good genetics I guess. As far as Dawson's creek, yeah it was a little hokey, but I really liked getting more of the background of Padme. Then at the end when she finally confesses on that gladiator thing when they are rolled out to be executed it makes it more belivable to me anyways.
    Plus, she talks about having kids and stuff, that there is more to her character than just a polotician.

8. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    They didn't really do anything for the story, though. The movie already got blasted by critics for dialogue for some reason, so cutting some of these boring scenes was necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.