AOTC Digitized!!!

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Bria-Tharen, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

I'm obsessed! MUST...SEE...HELMETS IN DIGITAL! Agh, I've gone over 24 hours w/out!! Withdrawal sucks! *trembles* Anyone down to check it out Thursday night? AGAIN!? I don't know about you guys, but I can't get enough...Fett420, myself & a few other pals, are definately gonna go. It'd be great if some of you came along as well. :)
  2. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I'd love to go again. Definitely count me in! Just give me all the details. :)
  3. C_3PO Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just saw it digitized last night in Melbourne, Fla and it was beyond sweet! Film sucks! I don't know if I can see it again on that grainy, multi-reel film crap in fear of it not looking as good. But wow! What an experience, so clear, so sharp, so...smooth. I hate how film is so coarse, and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere!
  4. BobaFett420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know I'm going this weekend at least twice. If anyone is planning on going, give a shout.
  5. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Just post the times you plan on going. I might be able to make one of them.
  6. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought we were all going June 22nd. :confused:
  7. BobaFett420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I live 15 min. from Annapolis. :)
  8. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Isbeth, we are all going on the 22nd, but lots of us can't get enough so we go over and over again.
  9. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

Hmm, my guess would be the 10 pm showing. Just because the 7 puts you in harms way as far as traffic & the like, & this way, everyone has time to get home from work, change & head out...Objections? Suggestions??
  10. BobaFett420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll most likely be going Friday night at 10:10 PM and Saturday possibly at the same time.
  11. Bria-Tharen Jedi Knight

Ok, so Friday it is then...10 Pm still good? Cause I'll be working into the evening & have errands to run....
  12. danimalicious Jedi Padawan

hey ya'll - I'll be in the columbia, MD area shortly and was looking forward to seeing SW 2 at the Senator. however, I'm wary of seeing the movie in a non-digital theatre. For some reason, they have 3 digital projectors in teh Chicago-land area alone.

At any rate, by any chance, did teh Senator get a temporary digital projector? Or will I have to head out to Annapolis? And is the digital theatre in Annapolis big - not Senator-level big, but any ideas on screen size/seat capacity?

Thanks,
    Dan
  13. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Annapolis Mall Crown Theatres is the only theater in Maryland with digital projection. I went to the 3:40 showing (my second digital time, my fourth time in all), and they had the sound WAY up. The seismic charges sounded amazing, even better than all the other times!

I'm not so sure about seat capacity, but the screen is big.
  14. Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Padawan

Here's my $.02 on Digital. First, It was way prettier and many of the effects and backgrounds were much better looking than film. My girlfriend and I saw it at Annapolis on the 22nd at 3:40 show. The sound seemed to be turned down some. After two times at The Senator, I was ready to have my ears assualted a third time, but it was no where near the volume level that The Senator had. Second, the aspect ratio at Annapolis seemed to be higher. I saw more there than at The Senator. As for The Senator and digital, noone knows. The owner is constantly changing his tune. The bottom line for that is, if he gets it, then we'll know.
  15. mdmel5 Jedi Knight

I'm going to Annapolis on Saturday night at 10:10pm...first time seeing it digital. Hope the theater is packed. I'm tired of all the negative media bashing of this film and hope it doesn't hurt its overall boxoffice. I think the movie is great.
  16. BobaFett420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll probably be at the 10:10 tomorrow night as well. Don't know how long digital will be there...
  17. BobaFett420 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just got back from the mall and spoke to one of the employees about if/when they would be losing digital.

For those of you at the midnight show, it was Mr. This-film-is-the-first-film-to-be-a-film-but-not-on-film. :D

Anyway, he said that to his knowledge, they will not be getting rid of digital EVER. He said that for all the expense and hassle it took to get the thing in, they're not about to get rid of it. So, if you don't catch digital right this second, don't worry. It's not going anywhere. :)
  18. danimalicious Jedi Padawan

thank ya'll for the info. Too bad, though, about the Senator. I was looking forward to getting another one of their souvenier tickets. Did they make special t-shirts again for AOTC?

Either way, Annapolis it is!
  19. Miiike Jedi Knight

star 2
    How have you been able to confirm which showings at Annapolis Crown Mall XI are digital v regular? Nothing I have found on the internet or by calling the number I received for the theater ((410)571-2796) even mentions digital. The only confirmation of digital showings I have is from the list provided by TFN and this thread. I would like to be sure of the digital times and if possible purchasing tix in advance of heading down there with a group. Thanks for the help.
  20. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    12:30, 3:40, 7:00, 10:10

Those are the digital showings. But to make sure, just call up their number and confirm your showing is in theater 11.
  21. Miiike Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thank you. Do you have a number other than the one I posted above? I keep getting that number from information and the internet and all it gives me is a recording, no way to talk with a person.
  22. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Miiike Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.