main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE AotC DVD or VHS

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by craigrr, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Turns out, we will be selling AotC for $9.99 for either DVD or VHS. If I remember right, the add said "while supplies last". I could be mistaken though. I'd say go get it @ TRU. I'm not saying that because I work there either. TRU can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, but that's neither here nor there. Let's just say I'm a tad disgruntled this evening. You can also stop in to get the ad (usually by the customer service counter) and then take it elsewhere and have them price match it.

In other news, the coupon handout finally came in. Pretty lame if you ask me, but here's the run down:

Save $3 on either SW Epic Duels, SW Life or SW Stratego.

Save 25% on any SW Lego set (excludes Mindstorms sets)

Save $5 on Rouge Lead for Game Cube; Jedi Starfighter for Xbox or PS2; Jedi Starfighter Combo pack for PS2; The Clone Wars for Game Cube

Pretty slim pickens if you ask me. They could've done much better. Oh well. It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

2. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    And if you have the ad, Wal-Mart will match it....at least they did for me at midnight! HEHE

3. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Thanks for the heads up Craig. I got mine today from Toys R Us.

4. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    How long is the sale for?

5. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    The price of $9.99 for the DVD is until either the 20th or until we run out.

THere's also a hidden gag rell. It's accessed the same as the one on the TPM DVD.

6. azayzel

azayzel Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    I picked up my copy of the DVD at TRU as soon as I got out of class. Went to the TRU off of Dodge, and wouldn't you know it... they were out of the friggin wide-screen editions! Arghh!!! Anyway, I decided to check out if they had anything new in the SW section, turns out they had a box up high I couldn't reach, but with some SW stuff I hadn't seen before. One of the employees came by and tracked down a ladder, and what do we find? It's the way cool Unleashed Editions of Tyrannus & Windu! Pretty slick job done on these guys. The guy who helped me out was way cool and asked if I needed anything else, when I mentioned that what I really came for was the wide-screen EPII DVD, and that they were out, he said he would dig around for me. I then mentioned that I heard they were out of the silver R2s and asked if they had some type of raincheck for them, he the said he may be able to find one of those too!
    Turns out, this guy is the manager! Talk about a stand-up guy, hooking up a crazed Star Wars fan like myself. The stuff he gave me was probably being held for someone who works there, or maybe even his own stash. Wish I knew the TRU comment line, because I'd be sure to return the favor for him taking his time and for helping me out in such a big way!
    Anywho, thought I'd let you guys know there are some real cool people out there at TRU! If you happen out by Dodge way, be nice to them people at TRU, because they went above and beyond to help me out.

Dan, TK-136

BTW Maybe I can finally make it out to this coming meeting. See you all there!

7. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I hope it wasn't Craigrr's stash that the manager raided! Is that why you're disguntled, dude? [face_laugh]

8. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Nope, it wasn't my stash. My stash is inaccessible to the general public and most every other TRU employee. The stuff on top of the shelves is simply overstock- stuff there wasn't room for on the shelf.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade Azayzel, but NONE of the managers would part with their personal stash had they one. I'm glad you had a good experience with the managers. That's very cool. I'm not trying to change your mind. I often wish I could go back a few months & not have taken the job there. Then my vision wouldn't be clouded by the behind the scenes stuff. Everyone's perspective is different. Dealing with them on the level I do, they've caused me to abandon any company loyalty I may have had and start looking to greener pastures.

Regarding the widescreen edition, if the manager had looked in the front closet, he'd have found more. I know there were more because I put some out around 3:50. We are almost out though. As far as rainchecks for the silver R2, don't hold your breath. I wouldn't rule it out, as it is an active SKN # (meaning the distribution center still has some. we may get more). According to the manifest for the truck we recieved today, there weren't any. None of the managers seem to have a clue about how to handle it. I will keep my eyes open.

If you'd rather have the widescreen version of AotC (who wouldn't right?) I will look to see if any are left tomorrow and hold one for you. Provided you have your receipt, there shouldn't be any problem exchanging it. I'll ask to be sure. Don't wanna promise something & then not be able to close the deal. I do know we didn't have many left when I left for the day. As I said though, I'll take a peek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.