main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC DVD party/Meeting #8

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Oct 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Emily, "...there'll be hell to pay."

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes, we both were embarassed by that "brain-freeze" I didn't saw we got every answer right, but we know alot of them.

I remember playing SWTP in line for TPM tickets. We had so many people wanting to play, we made teams of 2-3 people. For the party, we should come up with some kind of special rules to make the game more interesting.

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Ooh, you have to take a shot of 151 before every turn! That'll make things interesting!

4. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Um, that won't work for those of us who are underage...like yourself (unless I'm mistaken)

Remember when we talked about our "underage-policy" at the last meeting (see welcome new members thread for details)...I said "if I caught anyone underage drinking...or anyone giving alcohol to minors; I'll personally kick their a$$"

That promise holds true!

EDIT: I'm not saying alcohol is forbidden from Fanforce functions, but we cannot be allowing under-21 member to have ANY. When we talked about meeting at places like "Damon's" (that serve alcohol) it was with the exception that since they observe the rules of underage drinking...it's alright for those of us over-21 to have a drink.

5. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Bring it on people!!!! I can take you anyday. (Well maybe not) ;D ;D

6. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    wait Em, the drinking or the trivia?

-b-

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    lol

Em, Geoff, do you remember what Owen's last name is now? :p

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes Cindy...Lars; and the question was "what was Owen's last LINE in A New Hope?" ;)

I give Emily full credit, we've talked about drinking...and she (like I did for a very long time) simply doesn't have any desire to do so. Now, I occasionally have a drink...but it's still not a high priority for me.

One of the questions we should add is: What's Buru's 1st, as well as her last line in AOTC? ((any takers?))

9. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Wasn't Aunt Beru's last line something like: "Luke's no farmer. He's got too much of his father in him." ?? I sort of know her first line also but not enough to attempt to quote it.

10. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Oops, I thought you meant ANH! Sorry!

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    scratch that....I wont be able to attend. I think.

Due to family problems I have to take this entire week off to be at home with my son...My wife and Mom in law had to go to Denver suddenly and I had to stay with the boy. SOOOOO.....that means I have no vacation time left to use. However. I do get off of work at 6:30 pm. If you guys are still going then I might be able to be there by 7ish. If I do, then do you want me to bring COTS and Troops on DVD?

12. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    You mean Geoff Beru's one and only line which is being CUT from IMAX!!!!!

"Hello."

13. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your famliy problems Anrev...but taking care of home comes first!

I don't know if we'll still be going by then, it's highly possible (if we start playing games and stuff). I guess it's up to Zod how long he wants to have everyone at his place.

Should we move the meeting/party back to later in the afternoon; that way Anrev can at least make it for some of the festivities? Not too late, don't want to keep the "younglings" out too late ;) Plus, we might be doing something for Amy's birthday (Nov 17th)

14. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm directing this primarily towards Krash and Zod... We're starting at 1:00 PM at Zod's right? Please confirm this and let's set a time for when the party will be over too, because one of my fellow RAs is doing me a favor switching duty nights for me and he'd like me to sit the 16th, but I don't want to leave the party if it's still going on, so do you think it'll be done by say 8:00 PM so I can sit?

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND LET ME KNOW IF I'LL BE OKAY TO SIT DUTY FOR MY FRIEND!!! ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE HOT, ESPECIALLY ASAP!!!

16. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    since we know it's starting at 1, my solution would be to leave when you need to... maybe we can move the business stuff towards the front end so rnadom can be there for it?

-b-

17. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    We?ll have the meeting first. Since our meetings normally go about an hour, we should be done around 2pm. At that point you can leave whenever you want. I think ATOC was 3hrs. 20 min. So all the fun stuff should concluded around 5:30 or 6.

18. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That sounds like a good schedule...meeting 1-2PM(ish)...followed by the movie. That way, we're not taking over Zod's place for the entire evening. And everyone can still make other plans for the evening.

I guess this will kill the chances of Anrev making it to join us...sorry man.

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Ummm... AOTC is 2 hours and 20 minutes.

20. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    2hrs 20min, my bad. That just means we have time to watch the deleted scenes.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Hopefully, they will have some deleted scenes put back into the movie. I know alot of people get fed up with constant "Special Editions"...but IMO the more SW the better!

Zod excluded... anyone have a preference to any particular type of pizza? I was thinking cheese and pepperoni (keep it simple)...any objections.

22. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Why do we have to have the meeting first?

23. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I have no problem with those toppings.

EDIT: I agree with Emily... Why can't we watch the movie first? ;)

24. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Eric can't be there all night. He has to sit for RA duty and may have to leave early. Krash and I know what planning aroound that is like so we took it in stride.

besides, business before pleasure... SOP...

-b-

25. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, exactly... and I appreciate your guys' consideration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.