main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo AOTC DVD release

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I will be calling and reminding the Media Play management that we are expected Tuesday, November 12 at 6:00pm for an hour-long appearance. Everyone is invited to my house afterwards to watch Attack of the Clones, should there be an interest in doing so.

If you are planning to attend, please sound off in this thread.

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    What sound should I make?
    A beep?

Or maybe a Star Wars sound? People can try to guess this sound:
    WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEA!

Guess away! (but only if you're sounding, I wouldn't want to cause confusion)

3. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    It's an ewok, Spoo.

And, I'm planning to attend!

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I heard MediaPlay wasn't allowing stuff like this anymore.

Dana

5. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Not an Ewok!
    Not even close

6. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    It might be the creaking sound R2D2 makes when he falls over (my personal favorite sound in all of Star Wars).

It might be...oh, I don't know!

Wilhelm?

I would like to go on the 12th. Is it okay if I don't buy the DVD, and buy the VHS instead? Unfortunately, I don't have a DVD player. Should I wear my jedi robe?

7. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Dantana-
    I've talked with the management, and they generally don't....but where it's Star Wars and there's a big built in fan base who like costumes....we're in.

Wear whatever you've got, Lauren. I mean, whatever you've got that is Star Wars related.

8. Insanitys_Crescendo

Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    I'll be there. I'll need to borrow a costume though. Alas, I have none of my own.

9. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    I am in the same predicament. I need to borrow one from Mike maybe. And I definitely have an interest in the after-appearance movie showing. Count me in! :D

10. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Where is this place? Are we meeting there? Are rides available? The movie thing sounds like lots of fun, but we HAVE to watch all the special features, since I won't be buying the DVD and thus won't have easy access to them!

11. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Oh, yeah I need a ride too. I suppose me and Lauren could both get picked up by 1 person.
    Either that or we could ride the bus together. How do you feel about riding on public transportation in costume, Lauren? =)

EDIT: Nobody's guessed my sound yet! If you heard me do it in person, you'd know exactly what it was. (I'm that good ;))

12. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Sound off, 1, 2,
    Sound off, 3, 4,
    1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2... 3! 4!

Sorry, I just had to do that. I'm making plans to come. I'll be there.

13. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll take the bus if necessary. And if we're gonna take the bus, it might as well be in costume. Is there a way to also take the bus home?

14. Jedi_Jase

Oct 6, 2002
    I can probably walk, since I'm less than a block away. But I still have no time to procure a costume. So unless Mike or someone can let me borrow one, which would be very much appreciated, I have no way of dressing up for it.

15. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

OK. Here's the story on the DVD release. We will NOT be making an appearance at the Orem Media Play this year. Since the Best Buy buyout, new corporate rules have been imposed and the GM in Orem cannot provide us a place to change. For those of you who have been to these costume events before, you know what a nightmare it would be if we didn't have a place to change.

So.... We will be joining the rest of the 725th Alpine Garrison of the 501st at the Fort Union Media Play in Salt Lake City. The General Manager in Fort Union is providing two rooms for us to change in as well as a donation of toys for the Toys for Tots program. I truly am quite dissapointed about not being able to have a DVD release event here in town. Last year, the Orem Media Play was VERY accomodating.

As the event will be in SLC, we will need to carpool. If anyone can provide a van for transportation, please state so in this thread. Rides will be provided if you need one.

If you need a costume to wear, I can provide one for the evening from my collection. Costume assignments will be made ASAP in the next day or so.

This is going to be a fun event with a large group. I hope we can get a good group going. The Salt Lake Fan Force has joined us down here for several events. I guess this is our turn to go up there. ;)

So... Are you guys still in? :cool:

16. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm still in.

I'll still need a ride.

Hey, this saves the trouble of feeling bad for never having attended one of my garrison meetings! =)

17. Jedi_Jase

Oct 6, 2002
    Okay, I think walking is out of the question. I will need a ride Michael. In fact, We MIGHT be able to take the van. I'll have to ask. So, what time will it be at?

18. eric3060

eric3060 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    I grew out my beard and my hair for Halloween, and I have a fairly good AOTC Obi-Wan outfit... plus the Midvale Media Play is like three blocks from my house! See you all there on Tuesday at 6:00pm!

-_Eric

19. Jayce

Jayce Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2001
    Is that a midnight release, or the day of the 12th (or both). I'll be heading up form the ranches. I can either take some people in my truck, and maybe help carry some of mike's costumes, or hijack my wife's car and use that. I should have room for others if they could get up this far. Meet in Lehi or something.

20. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

There will be NO MIDNIGHT release at any of the Media Play stores. This is another new policy.

Here's the details...

Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 7-9pm
    Media Play
    Family Center @ Ft Union
    7170 South 1000 East
    Midvale

Depending on how the crowd is, we may only stay until 8 or 8:30. We'll see.

I need to make costume assignments. Here is who I have attending so far... (Costume in parentheses)

Handyman - (Jango Fett)
    Mrs. Handyman ;) - (Imperial Officer)
    Spoo - (Scout Trooper)
    Andakin
    LaurenFett - (Jedi?)
    Insanitys_Crescendo
    Jedi_Jase
    Corrin_Wyndryder
    eric3060 - (Obi-Wan)
    Jayce - (Boba Fett)
    Navaren
    Boraccio

Anyone else? Any changes? The rest who haven't been assigned a costume, please let me know if you're going to wear your own cosutme or if you would like to borrow one of mine.

Later,

21. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    I have marching band until 6:00 PM, and if I skip out, I fail the course. I have a very bad feeling that this is going to mess up my opportunity to come to the release! If I can't go, and someone wants to borrow my jedi robe and saber, I'll send it with Spoo and someone can borrow it.

22. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    I know how it goes, LaurenFett. My brother was in the Cougar Marching Band. Maybe we can include you in the next costume event.

Sorry you can't make it. :(

23. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I think this creates a bit of a dilemma; I'm not quite sure if I can still make it, I'll need to ask my mom if I can take the car all the way to salt lake.

But if so, can I be the /real/ Lord Vader?

Pleee-aaase?

24. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Andakin,

We can give you a ride if you need one.

Here's the deal on Vader...

We will be appearing with the 725th Alpine Garrison of the 501st Legion. There will be several guys with their own Stormtrooper armor there. They already have a Darth Vader. This Darth Vader has recently sold his suit and is in the process of building a new one. However, they have a 2nd string Vader. Some guy who lives down here in Provo. So, I'm afraid my Vader suit won't be in use that night. :(

Later,

25. navaren

Jun 9, 2001
    Mike, Boraccio and I will take the following costumes:

Boraccio: Jedi
    Navaren: If the headdress is repaired on the Amidala Senate costume, I'll take that one. If not, I'll take the Padme Battle Dress.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.