main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo AOTC DVD release

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by navaren, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insanitys_Crescendo

Insanitys_Crescendo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2002
    A stormtrooper would be cool, but I think I'm "a little short for a stormtrooper". So I'd like to use an Imperial Security Officer uniform if at all possible. If not, an Army or Navy officer would work too.

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Navaren - Unfortunately I won't have time to fix the Queen Amidala Senate headpiece. So, you're set for the Battle Dress. Don't forget to bring your boots.

Boraccio - A Jedi it will be. I have a robe that's made to fit someone 6'4". I don't have any boots that will fit your size. A pair of brown shoes will do unless you can snag a pair of boots in time. You'll also need to wear khaki or tan trousers.

Insanitys_Crescendo - I've got you down for an Imperial Security Officer. I'm assuming that your shoe size is less than US Men's size 11, so I have a pair of boots you can wear.

Anyone else?

3. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Well, my dad is in crunch mode, else I would try harder to convince him to drive me up.

I'm still trying to convince my mom to let me get a ride up with the fanforce.

But, if she caves and agrees to let me go, do you have anything that would fit someone 6'2 and 155 pounds?

4. Insanitys_Crescendo

Oct 26, 2002
    Oh, I'll also need a ride from someone since my parents won't lemme take the van to Salt Lake

5. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I still need a ride too.

Do we know yet who has room?

6. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Hey Andakin,

I'll see what I can do. I';m sure you don't want to be a Bith again. ;) (Besides, the Bith costume is still in storage) You could wear my Scout Trooper armor or be an Imperial Officer. Or you could be an X-Wing pilot.

It looks like I will be able to take 2-3 people with me. Anyone else out there who can give rides?

Later,

7. Jedi_Jase

Jedi_Jase Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    Like I said before, my parents might let Michael drive the van up to it.

BTW, Mike, I still need a costume. I know it's a bit late to say anything, but I dont have any other options. Anything will do. I am about 6', and about 145 lbs.

8. Insanitys_Crescendo

Oct 26, 2002
    Hey, Mike. Would you mind if I brought my friend Brian along? He'll need a costume and is about 6' tall and weighs about 170 lbs. He might be able to fit in Stormtrooper armor, but if not, anyhting else will probably suffice. Also, are we heading up at 7 or are we supposed at 7. And who exactly can give me a ride?

9. Jayce

Jayce Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2001
    I'll have room, for anybody who can get up to lehi or so, we could meet there.

10. Neybar

Neybar Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2002
    My wife and I are interested in going to the release, but we need costumes... Let me know if you have any spares.

11. Jayce

Jayce Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2001
    welcome to the list neybar (for a short intro, neybar and I work together, have gone to school together, and he is also a member of the other greatest group in the valley, PLUG)

12. Insanitys_Crescendo

Oct 26, 2002
    Seeing as the release is tomorrow, I'd really like to know who can give me a ride as well as whether or not my friend Brian would be able to come along and borrow a costume. Thanks

13. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm afraid I will not be able to go :(

Maybe next time.

14. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    So, Mike, you said you have room for a few. May I be one of the few?

15. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    This is at MediaPlay, right? That's pretty easy to get to. Just take the 830 Northbound, get off across the street, and cross Parkway. I do it all the time.

Of course, I'd be really happy if someone would give me a ride. Then I won't have all the strange people on the bus staring at me. :D Get it? Never mind . . .

Will it make a difference whether we buy our copy there or not? 'Cause I'm getting mine at Suncoast . . .

Dana

16. Boraccio

Boraccio Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    If I can get a hold of my parents van, we will have lots of room.I won't know until later tonight or possibly tomorrow morning.

17. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Everybody,

I'm afraid I have some bad news... :(

Due to a personal emergency I need to cancel the costume event for tomorrow night. This emergency is taking virtually all of my time.

Please don't be too upset. I have been arranging some additional costume events in the near future and I would like your participation.

Maybe everyone can get together tomorrow night and watch the DVD extra features? I'm sorry won't be able to be there.

Hopefully, I will be able to explain more soon.

Sorry,

18. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I hope everything turns out okay.

Does this mean you also can't make it to the Saturday 725 garrison activity?

If it helps any, I hear Toys R Us has the DVDs for $10, so we didn't really want to go to Media Play anyway ;)

19. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    So is it still on tonight, or what?

Dana

20. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Dantana, we are cancelling entirely.

21. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    HEHE!!! MUAHHAHAHA... ok just kiddin I'mglad I didn't plan on going...

22. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    I wish I had known this BEFORE waiting there for 2 hours.

Oh, well, such is life.

23. Renegade4E

Renegade4E Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Aww... wow, I still remember the Ep. I DVD release and how fun that was! Wish I could ahve been there, guys! I gotta get my hands on this DVD and check it out now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.