main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX AOTC DVD

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DECO_DROID, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    the main page is reporting tru stores will be selling aotc for $9.99 on tuesday while supplies last!!! has anyone heard about this or seen a tru flyer lately? i may go by a store today if i don't hear anything...

2. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I picked up a flyer tonight at TRU at that's what it said 9.99 for DVD or VHS while supplies last. I do know know other places match toy prices so if you get the flyer and they are sold out Walmart will match it.

3. Darth Dorky

Darth Dorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    I called a couple of are TRU's and they all said the have 100's of copies, but none knew how the number broke down between widescreen and pan 'n scam. I'll be there bright and early to pick one up. It's gonna be an expensive day/week with AOTC, LOTR, new Pearl Jam, Splinter Cell and Unreal Championship!!

4. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    On the topic of the Episode II DVD, is there anyone interested in getting together for a viewing party? I'd be happy to volunteer my place(and supply refreshments) since I know I could fit 10-15 folks comfortably in the living room. It worked pretty well back in May when we watched A New Hope on LD.

Let me know if there's any interest, and if so, when and where everyone would want to get together.

5. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    i got the flyer from tru for the $9.99 aotc dvd special so i can take it to wal-mart at midnight and have them match the price!!! that way i don't have to take off from work tommorow and we can all watch aotc on my laptop during lunch!

also, it looks like best buy has the lowest price for lotr ultimate edition at $50! has anyone seen it lower anywhere else?

happy viewing, everyone!

6. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Does Wal-Mart match anyone's ads? I know Target has gotten all picky and will only match their major competitors.

7. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Walmart always matches prices. Target just got tired of messing with it because they were constantly higher priced. Deco Droid I'm not sure if you can take your adtonight and it will work. I've always had to go to customer service to get the price match and not through the regular checkout aisle. I would call first because that has never worked for me and I've tried it a few times to save time.

8. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    wal-mart will even honor fabric store adds and they always let me do it in the checkout line.

9. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    You guys were right. It seems the local Copperfield Walmart just hasn't been following their national policy at the register. I talked to a CSM tonight and she said they are finally getting that corrected. Well it worked just fine because I got my DVD for 9.99. Thank you TRU!

10. DARTH_STARKILLA

DARTH_STARKILLA Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    wal-mart the woodlands texas sawdust road is selling the dvd for $9.96 said it would be that way for 2 days, so hurry up and get your buttocks to the wal-mart. they had no limit as far as i know i bought one for my mom and brother and myself. i was the first one there at 5am as they were rolling those bad boys out.

11. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    that's interesting. i took my tru ad to the walmart on 290 and they "confiscated" my ad because it says limit 1. oh well, i only need one - but if i wanted to go selling marked-up dvd's for a profit, i guess i would head to the woodlands!

has anyone picked up the lotr (4 disc with bookends) yet???

12. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, I went to Wal-Mart a little after midnight here in Austin. I bought AOTC for $14.77 and LOTR Extended (Not the gift set) for $25.87. I'm happy. :D

13. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    They confiscated your ad did they? I picked up 5 ads just in case that happened. Not that I need 5 but I've got family and friends.

14. DARTH_STARKILLA

DARTH_STARKILLA Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    I WOULD HAVE FORCE CHOKED THEM IF THEY TOOK MY AD AWAY!!!

15. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I price matched AOTC, LOTR and the new Pearl Jam this morning at Wal-Mart. Three different ads, they didn't take any of'em. I have had Best Buy take or make a phot copy of a price match ad before though.

16. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Darth Dorky, did you go to Customer Service after that. Also, what Walmart was that so I'll be sure not to go there. I don't know what they were doing because that is there policy to price match any valid adds. Did you try another register because sometimes new employees are clueless. Anyway if it doesn't work at that store keep your receipt and go to another Walmart and they will refund you the difference. Force choke sounds about right in that situation.

17. Count_Dough-ku

Count_Dough-ku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    I watched the DVD(widescreen version, of course) earlier today and the transfer is easily the best I've ever seen for a live action film on the format. It had none of the grain or edge enhancement that plagued the TPM DVD. Definitely the new reference disc for my home theater.

The audio was solid, but it didn't have the standout demo scene like TPM did with the podrace. That's not to say there weren't impressive moments in the soundtrack, but it wasn't enough to top TPM or Fellowship on my list of best-sounding DVDs.

18. Darth Dorky

Apr 5, 2000
    I guess my wording was a little confusing, they did pricematch all my items, they didn't ask to keep the ads.

19. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    So does the group want to take Count_Dough-ku up on his offer for a AOTC viewing party?

20. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Dang, I'm pissed. Neither Wal-Mart nor Target by me had any coppies of the widescreen edition and the Best Buy is closed until Friday to move to a new building. I ended up having to go to 4 different places just to find the widescreen version!

Doug

21. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    Darth Dorky,

After reading it again and your second post it makes sense I just didn't read it right.

Slowmo, I too would of been frustrated to not be able to find the widescreen version at the Walmart or Target. That's amazing that Walmart didn't have enough must of been a lot of price matching from TRU.

22. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Everyone Everyone! Woohoo! The DVD!!!! but as it has been usually I'm always late with things.
    QUESTION: Does anyone know how to get to the "bloopers" dvd-egg on AOTCDVD? It says to "highlight the THX sign" and dial "1138."
    WHERE IS THE THX SIGN?! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

but if anyone knows and isn't busy...this padawan would love to know!
    Thanks

23. Darthmusic

Apr 25, 2002
    To access the bloopers here's what you do.

1st. go to the options menu. Then once there the THX symbol is on the lower left hand side. Highlight that with you cursor. Next punch in 11 enter, 3 enter, 8 enter. That should get you the bloopers.

I also found an easter egg on disc 2 on the Dex's kitchen part. It is the college poster campaign for AOTC. You get to it by going to the Dexter's Diner part first. Then go to Dex's kitchen next on the left. Then when you get to that screen with the four or so features,which are all pretty cool imo, go to the left of the main menu.

Also if you want to see all 3 of the background on disc one here's the easiest way. Just push stop when the main screen comes up and then push the menu button. It cycles through them all every time that way for me. BTW if you're wondering the planet are Coruscant, Kamino, and Geonosis.

24. Briareos

Briareos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    I am very impressed with this release. I still haven't made it through all the special features, but what I've watched has been great.

Side note - Any know why George Lucas always pronounces Dooku as DOH-KOO while everyone in the movie pronounces it DOO-KOO? I figured if Lucas says it's DOH-KOO, then that's the way it is! In my perpetually juvenile mind, DOO-KOO sounds a bit too much like DOOKIE.

25. DECO_DROID

Mar 13, 2002
    maybe he's realized that it sounds so much better as dough-ku than as doo-koo. i had been pronouncing it the "correct way" since i first read the name on various websites, and was surprised at the way it was pronounced in the film. remember when leia was pronounced "lee-uh" in anh? here's to count dough-ku in episode 3 - george has spoken...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.